Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
My step son coached against him in Sharks juniors. Thought to be a better player than his older brother by many who have seen him play for a long time. Sharks cant possibly keep both braileys as long term hookers. One of them will have to go elsewhere. Definitely worth a shot.
Yeah heard good things about him, i think initially perhaps even next season they may play him off the bench and opt to let Segeyaro (off contract) go. What happens after that is anyones guess, sharks will have money to keep him with Gallen and Lewis going soon... like you mentioned it will be a matter of not wanting to be second fiddle.

Anditsgone

Waterboy
Reaction score
The more that comes out and the more we hear about, it’s ever so clear that the old board had to go and a new coach was well and truely over due.

We have a new board, let’s hope they learn from the mistakes the last board made,

We have a new coach, it’s obvious he is trying to learn from the mistakes of the last coach

Unfortunately for Pay, he is tied down to a roster that by and large isn’t good enough to really be any threat to the competition

I wish him all the best, and hope as is the case with brown and the knights, that Pay is given then time required to get this team back on track and coach to his abilities with his own squad.

Enjoy the ride guys and gals

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Cutting to the chase, he’s an absolute liability to any roster, he’s polarising & self-centred & burns Bridges’s- & that’s just how his closest friends & teammates describe him.
He can be useful as a pivital half but we need to change our structure and not worth it.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We need a small magician of a general.. Someone tough that can rip a rabbit out of the hat.. Anybody like a Mortimer, Lamb, Polly or Sherwin is what we need!!

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I dont think our squad is as bad as some are making out,i think some of his selections and the way pay has them playing isnt helping,pay like the players need to lift their game big time

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I liked the look of young Brailey for Newtown, i havent really seen him open up, but his service is crisp.
Yep, but I think the Sharkies will have something to say about it. They reckon he is better than his brother who is currently incumbent hooker at Cronulla.

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don't know what are salary cap situation is but I think we should chase, Chris McQueen, Todd carney, and lolahea these guys can handle first grade and are a perfect band-aid fix for the time bieng.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Carney. He’s the player right now an would give us what we need in attack. Would be the diff between tight games to get us the win.. Quick fix! It’s him .

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Why the dumping ground for every other teams shit?

Chris McQueen - Already 30 years old, can't play himself out of NSW Cup for Magpies into a starting spot at Tigers. Signed with Tigers till end of 2020 season.
Todd Carney - Not interested in playing football at the moment as his mother is battling breast cancer (his father died a decade ago). Will be 32 in June and before he even tries to get back into the NRL.
Tui Lolohea - bloated/overweight, injury prone and can't cement a spot in NRL these days. Can't tackle. Signed with Tigers till end of 2019 season.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Dumping ground for all "wishlist", "dream team", and "the dogs should sign/chase" threads.

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dumping ground for all "wishlist", "dream team", and "the dogs should sign/chase" threads.
Mate not a dumping ground, plus some players act differently to the situation there put in, eg CHRIS MCQUEEN: established first graded nothing to prove, TODD CARNEY: treated like shit by the NRL doesn't care, and same as lolahea.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
One of those Hemsworth brothers....

I don’t really give a fuck any more...

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m actually surprised McQueen has gone from SOO to NSW cup

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ponga.

Don’t care if he’s signed with Newcastle.

Need to do something to get him here.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
This thread is covered by recruitment and retention thread... merged

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why the dumping ground for every other teams shit?

Chris McQueen - Already 30 years old, can't play himself out of NSW Cup for Magpies into a starting spot at Tigers. Signed with Tigers till end of 2020 season.
Todd Carney - Not interested in playing football at the moment as his mother is battling breast cancer (his father died a decade ago). Will be 32 in June and before he even tries to get back into the NRL.
Tui Lolohea - bloated/overweight, injury prone and can't cement a spot in NRL these days. Can't tackle. Signed with Tigers till end of 2019 season.
Lolohea - with a good coach and a good recovery including a good off season training get him fit at his best would be lethal. He's still young for cheap I would get him.