Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
History???
Check his history... for many years only Smith was a better hooker than him in the comp... he shitted on all the other hookers he palyed against...
Some people on here have a personal hatred against him (not directed at you specifically Oatley Dog) lets be fair dinkum and talk about his footy ability... not about his supposedly big ego, nose, head... destabilising clubs ( he has only played at 2 & and all we hear is good news fron Souths)
I personally think he is past it... but he could benefit our up and coming hookers...
Mate I don't have a personal hatred for him (I don't know the bloke) but in terms of footballing ability he is an average player as a hooker. I always thought he was a half and a reasonable one, but not a hooker. He invariably takes the wrong options at the wrong times and stifles the attack. In defence he is another Hindy. He rarely makes the first tackle and usually comes in second or third. I always thought Ennis was a much better hooker than Farah and that comes from a bloke who has a low opinion of Ennis in his current role.

JMCentral

Waterboy
Reaction score
I've been thinking a lot about the Doggies and the type of player we need to get this club back on the right track. This is a hypothetical, wouldn't even need to be an attainable player but I'm just curious which player you guys would want us to sign long-term if we could sign any player. Just a bit of fun for discussion on our bye week, and something else to talk about besides how poor our standard of play has been this season.

I've brought my choice down to two players, Nathan Cleary or Clint Gutherson.

Nathan Cleary has been one of my favourite players since he debuted, he reads the game like a 10-year-veteran, but he is only 20 years old. Outstanding kicker both in-play and goal-kicker, as well as being solid in defense for a halfback. The type of player you can build a team around and sign long-term with a near guarantee of a Grand Final appearance should you surround him with talent.

Gutho has more heart than most players in the competition, he's around a bunch of unenthused, ego-driven players at Parra but you can see the desire and leadership he displays every week. He's always on the ball and can play positions 1-6 fairly well. Would be a great addition to the spine and I'd love to have him lead the backs while Jacko leads the forwards every week.

Keen to hear who some of your guys' favourite players are and which players you would sign if we could sign anybody. Doesn't have to be realistic just pick someone who would be the best fit, and provide some reasoning for some interesting discussion!

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s a very hard one, but I voted for Clint and purely based on the fact of the heart, energy and enthusiasm he brings as you also mentioned !

I know most will pick Nathan for obvious reasons but I wanted to go for gutho and be different haha!!

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Easy and cheap
Bevan French can score from overlaps dropped balls intercepts and chasing grubbers.
Everything Montoya can’t do.
2. Auden Sezer
Attacking kicking game(repeat sets) game manager long kicking game and above 80% career kicking average.
I believe something as easy as this would have won 3 or 4 of our close losses and we would be in top 8. We would still be a long way short of premiership contenders but we would be a lot happier than we are now .

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For a forward I would love Jason toumololo, he's an absolute beast!
For a back I would like Maloney, he brings success everywhere he goes and is a proven winner.
I think as bad as our year and squad is this year, if we had these 2 players this year with us we would be a top 8 team comfortably

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Couple of cheapies might go OK. Asiato from Cows and Taekiaho from Rorters.

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I could have 2 I would pick Kaylan Ponga who I believe is a superstar and Nathan Cleary.

You can build a premiership side around these 2

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1) Cleary
2) Ponga
3) Taumalolo

If actually clear most the squad except Jackson, Klemmer & RFM to fit them in and then cheaper guys around those 6

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are adding to our roster you’d want a young talented player in. Our spine who we can build around.
I would say one of Ash Taylor or Nathan Cleary would transform this team to a contender real quick.
A guy like Munster would also do wonders if we wanted a running half.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Whats this "if u could have ANY player", but inly 3 choices in the poll?

No point getting any sailors if there is nobody steering the ship. So id want Maloney

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Maloney. The guy knows how to win premierships.
Cleary is young, so a bit of an unknown, he’s only ever played top grade with his “mates” and while he’s been amazing so far, as his star rises, the club wont be able to afford as many good players around him, and he’ll have to be “the man”. Lots of players crumble under that sort of pressure.

Bulldog_NJ

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
James Maloney in our current situation. In any other situation, most definitely Kalyn Ponga. It’s scary how good this guy is.