Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The NRL can “ say” whatever they like, it only matters if a club tries to register a contract and the NRL refuses. Then comes the legal challenge and just like Union the NRL would have to cave in. Same as Super League, they knew they couldn’t win and let it go. The NRL has absolutely no grounds, he’s done nothing wrong, hasn’t broken any terms of an NRL contract, because there wasn’t one. Plus he did have an NRL contract in the past and didn’t breach its terms.

Go Dogs
If he was to sign a NRL contract I think the Woke Warriors who probably don’t even watch the sport would go into a meltdown. He’s obviously pissed off somebody who runs the Fox FB page as there’s an anti Folau story on there every day.
Once he actually plays a game I think this will all die down down because people love winning the most and he’s a great player whether you agree with his views or not

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Problem is he sees himself as a fullback, thus demands fullback money...small problem he's not a fullback and is dreadful positioning. Think how bad Hopoate is at fullback, multiply that by 10.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can we set an age limit for thread starters?

I feel like 16 will weed out these nuff nuffs.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can we set an age limit for thread starters?

I feel like 16 will weed out these nuff nuffs.
Maybe we could run a under 16,18 and 20 forum until they are ready for full kennel playing rights

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Problem is he sees himself as a fullback, thus demands fullback money...small problem he's not a fullback and is dreadful positioning. Think how bad Hopoate is at fullback, multiply that by 10.
Hopoate is a good fullback though. Hopoate's problem has always only been speed.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hopoate is a good fullback though. Hopoate's problem has always only been speed.
Hoppa has great patches where his attack is brilliant and patches where he's better than just solid. It's a pity he doesn't produce those brilliant patches more frequently. I'm happy to have him in the side. He rarely has a poor game, but we'd be a better team if he produced his best football more frequently. And his utility value is good too.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Love it. Hahaha

On a serious note, can't see why not discuss Alex Johnston as it's been widely reported that he's on the outer and in a position we need strenghtening. I'd argue though that he isn't worth spending the money on though and seriously doubt the club would be willing to splash out on him taking into account our previous dealing ... or lack of ... in the market.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Love it. Hahaha

On a serious note, can't see why not discuss Alex Johnston as it's been widely reported that he's on the outer and in a position we need strenghtening. I'd argue though that he isn't worth spending the money on though and seriously doubt the club would be willing to splash out on him taking into account our previous dealing ... or lack of ... in the market.
The primary problem with Johnston, as I see it, is that he wants to be paid fullback money. Hence he wants to play fullback, which I have seen no evidence to suggest that he is all that great at. We already have a better fullback in DWZ, a quality stand by in Hopoate and a developing fullback in Meaney. Paying fullback money for a winger doesn’t seem all that smart to me.

Secondly, we simply don’t have the spare cap space to fit him in this year no matter where he plays. As a next year prospect, when we have Cap space, then we simply may not need him. We have enough wingers developing and coming through to suggest that one of them will provide far better value for money than Johnston.

In summary, although a good player he simply doesn’t fit our requirements right now or in the foreseeable future.

Go Dogs

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The primary problem with Johnston, as I see it, is that he wants to be paid fullback money. Hence he wants to play fullback, which I have seen no evidence to suggest that he is all that great at. We already have a better fullback in DWZ, a quality stand by in Hopoate and a developing fullback in Meaney. Paying fullback money for a winger doesn’t seem all that smart to me.

Secondly, we simply don’t have the spare cap space to fit him in this year no matter where he plays. As a next year prospect, when we have Cap space, then we simply may not need him. We have enough wingers developing and coming through to suggest that one of them will provide far better value for money than Johnston.

In summary, although a good player he simply doesn’t fit our requirements right now or in the foreseeable future.

Go Dogs
Completely agree with all of the above. Too many players see the money in the fullback position these days ...

One side comment. What's going on with the Foran money? We're not even going to be able to spend any of that 350k?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Completely agree with all of the above. Too many players see the money in the fullback position these days ...

One side comment. What's going on with the Foran money? We're not even going to be able to spend any of that 350k?
Last I heard we were using it towards upgrading Wakeham ie front loading