Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Recruitment needs to start now.. it will never get done in 1 off season
Dont we still have two off seasons, all this season plus next years season if where talking about 21. I wouldnt start pannick buying again, we have heaps of time on our side.
Plus recruitmnent began the day pay and anderson started, hence the 6 to 8 sighnings or more that we have already made.
Can only fit 30 in a top 30 guys.
We only need about 6 changes to our top 30. Imo
Where will u find the money to top up smith, meaney, lewis ect at the rate there improving if u have already spent it on some traveller just looking to cash in like woods and co.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No need to post here than pork chop
Ha pork chop, kiwi dog always makes more sence than u bud.
He was jokingly pointing out to the young bloke, alot to happen and will happen before 21, including recruitment so maybe not take the thread too many years into the future. Pork chop.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You'd think the official site of the NRL would have the top 30 squads up to date and correct..

I can point out multiple errors in those squad lists and contract lengths.

For example Melbourne only have 27 players listed.. Every team is required to have 29 at very least until June 30.
Rules dont apply to Melbourne mate, you know that :tongueclosed:

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So we are signing Brandon Smith, Jessie Ramien & that Pommy forward?

I reckon we are going to end up with Lichaa being re-signed

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So we are signing Brandon Smith, Jessie Ramien & that Pommy forward?

I reckon we are going to end up with Lichaa being re-signed
No. The club is looking into a couple of them, and us kennelers through up a couple of names that they would like the club to look at. Ill take a bet on licha. Thread is called recruitment suggestions.

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No. The club is looking into a couple of them, and us kennelers through up a couple of names that they would like the club to look at. Ill take a bet on licha. Thread is called recruitment suggestions.
I was quoting some user who posted it as a rumour which got merged into this thread.

You want a suggestion, get the club to chase after Keary, Mitchell, Manu & Cook

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm sure this has been suggested at some point, but if Manly let Manly Api Koroisau go, he might be a decent hooker option.

The bloke is a tool, but he's a handy hooker.

Manly look to be happy with Manase Fainu.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm sure this has been suggested at some point, but if Manly let Manly Api Koroisau go, he might be a decent hooker option.

The bloke is a tool, but he's a handy hooker.

Manly look to be happy with Manase Fainu.
Fainu is off contract too he’s the one we should be targeting.

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If we do go for Fainu PLESSE PISS OF LICHAA and don’t over pay him and move Marshall king to the bench to cover lichaa. As he’s our utility for hocker and the halves

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Also if the recruitment manger was sacked which I think so go get Phil Gould specifically for recruitment as we saw what he has done to Penrith besides the ones he got rid of

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’m starting to believe Jmk is 100% pats intended hooker moving forward. Hence why we aren’t actively chasing a hooker.

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Well if we go sign someone that wants do get a hooker please get a descent one

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was quoting some user who posted it as a rumour which got merged into this thread.

You want a suggestion, get the club to chase after Keary, Mitchell, Manu & Cook
Now your talking. Need to do something to the roosters like bullfrog did with his broncos recruits.

Itziby

Waterboy
Reaction score
gutherson would of been a really good signing for us , unfortunately we don’t have the $$$

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well done answered your own question, close thread

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
according to 100% footy sharks will consider offers for j. brailey, surely top priority. j. brailey and nikora swoop lets go.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
gutherson would of been a really good signing for us , unfortunately we don’t have the $$$
we'd have enough money, but more important positions to worry about. meaney's doing a good job and on a lot less money.

pijk

Waterboy
Reaction score
Hey I know this is really wishful thinking here, but does anyone think it would be far better to let foran play out his contract which is end of next year, knowing the salary cap should rise for next years season and then again the following as well, and make a serious play for Latrell Mitchell, he can play anywhere on the field, apparently he really wants to play fullback and Tedesco has said his not going anywhere and wants to finish his career at the roosters. Obviously we could look at a few other good buys that are available to strengthen the side, I'm thinking something like Latrell at 6/Lewis at 7 Cogger at 9. We could always move Mitchell to fullback as well like he wants to, but as I said he could play anywhere. I think if we managed to get Mitchell would be a huge signing for us and strengthen the team immensely.