Recruit Jamal Idris says he's ready to reach next level at his new club

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
NEW Gold Coast recruit Jamal Idris agrees it's time to silence critics and dominate rugby league games like champion centres Greg Inglis and his hero Justin Hodges.

"That's what I want to do, 100 per cent. That's what everyone plays for," declared Idris when asked if it was time to become a special player.

"You want to train hard and you want to be the best.

"I'm here to play football."

His words will be welcomed by Titans coach John Cartwright and the club which has invested heavily in the 21-year-old being a winner on and off the field following the retirement of Preston Campbell.

Because of his imposing 195cm, 115kg frame, Idris is expected to destroy defences in much the same way as Inglis, Hodges and AFL recruit Israel Folau did when he played rugby league.

The former Australian Schoolboy star went from Dally M Rookie of the Year with the Bulldogs in 2009 to NSW Origin player in 2010 but ended this season in disappointing fashion.

The Gold Coast, though, are banking heavily on his public appeal, indigenous heritage and cheeky nature to win over fans as much as his undeniable power to wreak havoc on rivals at Skilled Park next year.

"There's always going to be pressure and expectation in your life and all you can do is make sure you perform and have good people around you," said Idris.

The Titans have recruited Phil Graham, Nate Myles, Luke Douglas, Idris, Aidan Sezer, Beau Fallon and Beau Champion following their disastrous 2011 season in which they claimed the wooden spoon.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/nr...-at-his-new-club/story-fn6e0tx4-1226183958208

hhhmmm, this sounds familiar.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
One of the dumbest footballer's Ive ever seen. No improvement in his game since the day he started.

His size and athletic abilities keep him in the game, as far as playing it goes, most of the kennel would read the game better than he does.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of the dumbest footballer's Ive ever seen. No improvement in his game since the day he started.

His size and athletic abilities keep him in the game, as far as playing it goes, most of the kennel would read the game better than he does.
yeah thats why he made nsw, played for aus, and scored a s**tload of trys, your just dirty cause he left

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
yeah thats why he made nsw, played for aus, and scored a s**tload of trys, your just dirty cause he left
Yeah, because there's just no way he possibly may not have actually been good enough to deserve receiving those call-ups.

I've said he could be a damaging player if Cartwright can get him working hard and running the right lines, as well as fixing up his defence, but until then I don't think it's unfair to say he is an average player.

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
He has the potential, but maybe the wrong attitude? Hard to predict if Titans will get the best out of him, I doubt it given all his other flashy duties... do you know what I mean?

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
IF he switches on, train hard and concentrate on Footy he will be the buy of the season...

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Unstoppable when fired up, should of been a Bulldogs priority, watch him at a new club.

~stacie

Michael Ennis ♥
Reaction score
I'll believe it when I see it. We all know he can talk the talk, but as we've seen all throughout last season, he can't walk the walk.

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he's bleeding blue and white for the bulldogs, what is the next level?

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reaching the next level means that he's now going to attack AND defend. What a power play by the Titans, introducing this perplexing concept to this years Red Cross award recipient.

Let's hope he has enough blood left to facilitate this next phase in his development.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I wanted him to leave.

He made those teams on raw ability alone. He can run hard, jump high and hit hard, feats which hardly require having a brain.

He should have created so many more opportunities for both his inside and outside man, if he gets some one on one disciplined training and takes his game to the next level, he will easily be the best player in the world.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Man some people here don't know how to let go of a grudge.

All the best Jamma.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
All talk.

I'll show some respect when the guy is consistantly playing to his potential. Right now i've put him in the same class as Krisnan Inu.

Status
Not open for further replies.