Reconciliation Action Plan

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Why is it 15%?
The indigenous population of Australia is 3.3%.

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I know that club's are incetivised to employ a minimum of 15% Ingdigenous Employees At Elite Level.

My question is, are certain players being overlooked for others in order to fulfill the Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) Requirements.

Both Adam Elliot and Chris Smith are of Indigenous decent and would tick this box for the club.

You can read more about the RAP here:

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&...FjAAegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw2HVo5lqbKiNlzquFwE3vbe
https://www.nrl.com/news/2014/08/15/nrl-launches-new-reconciliation-action-plan/
Add High Flyer Reimis Smith

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuk like 8 years ago when I signed my Daughter up for day care I had to sign permission that if an indigenous child came along we would give up our place...
That is disgraceful.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I surely hope not.
Coming from an industry where there is a strong bias to employ and promote women, I have seen criteria like this every day.
Countless times, I have seen men overlooked or worse yet, lose their jobs to a women who was less experienced, less qualified and less competent to do the job but they were hired to fulfil a quota and appeal to the social agenda.
It should absolutely, hands down, ALWAYS be about the best person for the job - I really do not give a fuck if its a man, women, indigenous person, transexual or a damn cow, if they are the best, they should get the role.

Further to that, surely our club would not be so short sighted to put a small (in the scheme of things) financial incentive ahead of the team's performance on the field.
We all know that if you are successful on the field, you generally will reap the financial rewards that come with it.
There are a couple of players that may have struggled to outperform a cow in certain games this year...

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
OP needs to read the document in detail...

Its 15% across the entire league including the womens league and even juniors. and its not mandatory but a target they would like to achieve.

And drum roll ..........................................................its from 2022.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
OP needs to read the document in detail...

Its 15% across the entire league including the womens league and even juniors. and its not mandatory but a target they would like to achieve.

And drum roll ..........................................................its from 2022.
I think you might be missing the point.
Having employment quotas based on a specific demographic (Race, gender, disability, etc) whether its mandatory or a 'goal' immediately reduces your ability to recruit the best person for the job and places priority on ticking that social agenda box over who is actually most competent.