Reasons to stay positive

Status
Not open for further replies.

The BEAR

ROAR talent
Reaction score
Boys and girls,

A lot of outsiders have likened our club to a "sinking ship"... The Titanic... etc etc...

We've seen a change of board members....
We've seen our coach call an end to a 10-year tenure...
We've seen a rather large exodus of players... most leaving on good terms, one of them leaving with a lot of collateral damage in his wake (we all know who that is), and perhaps 1 or 2 expressing dissatisfaction and the distinct possibilty of leaving...

And with each time something like this goes public, and someone calls it quits, it only furthers the perception that we're a club heading for eternal oblivion...

And why wouldn't they think that? It happened to Souths, and to an extent, St George and Parramatta - despite all 3 of those clubs tasting very short bursts of success - even if they hadn't won a premiership in decades!

But this club is different... it seems no matter how much of a battering we take - we always seem to find that special 'something' to get ourselves back on our feet in a very short space of time!

2 Casing points - with similar parralels:
  1. Losing almost our entire 1988 Premiership squad, including the coach (Phil Gould)... going through a 7-year premiership drought before reaching the GF in 1994 and winning it the following year.
  2. Having the core of our 1995 premiership squad abandon the Bulldogs.. Smith, Pay, Dymock, McCracken... and then having Terry Lamb retire in 1996... who would've thought we'd rise again????? Yet we made the GF in 1998, and even though we lost that one, we won another 6 years later!!!
This club is one of the VERY few NRL-based sides who can hemorrhage so much coaching/playing talent, and yet bounce back within a decade!

I know we all want for our boys to be title heavyweights right now. But realistically, that's not the case.... just yet...

Give it time.... we're not going to wither away like Souths, St George, or Parramatta... we'll be winning premierships in the next few years...

It's just the nature of this club :grinning:

STAY POSITIVE!!!

Shanty Bill

I Like Soccer
Reaction score
Exactly.
Sure, we may be likened to the Titanic but what happened to the Titanic? Apart from it being restored in 1983 and renamed "PNO", Leonardo DiCaprio painted a set of jugs onboard and if that's what happens at The Bulldogs then I'm happy to call it my club.

ChrisInflames

Analgoliath
Reaction score
well said mate, and stay loyal to your club, at the roosters game a few weeks back the fans infront of me actually took off their dogs jerseys in disgust.. wtf is that. so i yelled at them saying there just as bad as mason. dogs for life.

The Beer Baron

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A true supporter would wear the jersey no matter what. Hell I even wear the day after a loss, I don't care I'm supporting my team.

The BEAR

ROAR talent
Reaction score
LOL I'm surprised Game Breaker hasn't come in to wreck this thread with "hypocrisy" accusations! ROFL

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
Tough times don't last, Tough people do !

I'm a true believer in this saying and we will see the other side of this as we did in 2004.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can say that nothing NOTHING will bring down our great club!...they can write all they want...whatever they want...but our club and fans will never give up....the Dogs are more than a club, it's a movement a friggin culture!!!...

Deception_2112

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And Holdsworth gets the boot..

Ye but we all know this, i don't expect us to be poor this season either, we'll definitely make the 8 shake it up a little and then go out in honour, whether or not we make it far

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
I always go along thinking 1-2 years of disappointment, can bring a couple of years of success after that.

As supporters i think our main goal is to have faith in our team which in my opinion is a minimum requirement, everything else will come on its own.;)

How are the players meant to have faith in themselves, if the supporters have given up on them?

GTJOHN

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive supported the club for 40 years ...and win , lose or Draw
The jersey stays on and the Flag waves ...
We may not have been around as long as the chookers , but look at what we have achieved in that time + We have a Great Junior System , so we will bounce back....may take a while but once again we will be a Force with Gun players...
...and the chooks will be waiting with open cheque books once again ...

BLUE & WHITE 4 LIFE

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Good thread!

The only thing to happen that would derail me, is if the blue colour in our blue and white decides not to renew their contract or only stay if we add red.

Or if our mascot turns out to be a Rooster supporter and defuncts.

Then, if that happens, I am out of here. I will probably follow badminton to recover.

The BEAR

ROAR talent
Reaction score
I'd get excited if I were you!!!

This year will be pretty ordinary... expect that...

But over the coming years, we will go from strength to strength...

Our premiership is coming... :grinning:

80fic...

About time someone started a thread like this, I see our club improving as the season passes, with good recrtuiment and some decent juniors coming through I can see the Bulldogs being premiership hopes in 09, and definate contenders at least for the next few. we just need to be paitent and not expect instant results, and when the instatnt results dont come we dont need to turn on our players like a pack of hungry wolves.

The BEAR

ROAR talent
Reaction score
Where's Game Breaker???

SURELY he HAS TO find a way to point out how hypocritical I'm being... somewhere in this thread....

If not, he'll just start an argument for the hell of it LOL

Shaney B Willys

New Pup
Reaction score
The year is far from over, all we need is a top 8 finish and are as much chance of winning as the other 7.
Its to early to tell if the boys are not going to gel right.
Things will fall into place for a great ending for folkes,
i know it!!

P

p0rn.star

blaH... reading some of the quotes is like listening to macgyver lol

P

p0rn.star

its juts hard sometimes staying loyal to the club when so many of the players we love cant stay loyal even with contracts still remaining .... we shall soldier on though theres light at the end of the tunnel im sure

Status
Not open for further replies.