Opinion Reality Check

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Given your reply,
2 things are obvious:-
1) you haven’t got a clue
2)you haven’t got a clue.

He has a RU background; played 7s as centre/wing & flanker(2nd row) in the 15 version. Both totally different forms of the game & roles/positions. May I suggest you at the very least watch some footage of him (skill level,strength & speed)before embarrassing yourself with ignorant comments.
Fuck off you dope, as if the games you quoted is anything remotely the same as rugby league first grade.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lol ***** been fucking hiding in the shadows sharpening his blade for months waiting to post HAHAHA.

Lastofus

Waterboy
Reaction score
We are still two big name forwards away from being able to keep up for 80 minutes.
Still a big name fullback away and a proper strike centre is also in need.
Our bench rotation is too weak and slow
And a halfback

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only reality check we need is if we turn up the same against the Eels, we'll be lucky if the scoreline isn't 80 at fulltime.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The only reality check we need is if we turn up the same against the Eels, we'll be lucky if the scoreline isn't 80 at fulltime.
We need to pick the best available to do a job. Thats the first mission to accomplish. Where the team can be strengthened...do it.

Secondly, just compete, do their best and come off the field knowing they performed to their best ability.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Averillo is our long term number 1. Dumb ***** on here pray for his downfall for whatever reason lmao. Averillo shouldn’t even be in the fullback position if Matt Dufty wasn’t such a fuckn flop. Give him this pre season and at least half of the 2023 season to then properly write him off. We need to recruit a 7 and i say we will with Jayden Sullivan.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Averillo is our long term number 1. Dumb ***** on here pray for his downfall for whatever reason lmao. Averillo shouldn’t even be in the fullback position if Matt Dufty wasn’t such a fuckn flop. Give him this pre season and at least half of the 2023 season to then properly write him off. We need to recruit a 7 and i say we will with Jayden Sullivan.
Not even I would say he's our long-term fullback but he has definitely done enough to earn a preseason working there.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Unless we sign a marquee Averillo is our 1 next year (and the year after), he's the best option in our current top 30.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I see you are hurting KDog and understandable after witnessing that. To answer your question yes we do need a fullback. The clubs focus should be on a 7,1 and prop and weed out of the cup guys like Stimson, ZDC etc. this won’t happen over night but needs to be the priority.
3F10DDEF-BEC2-4498-93C7-9686FD4B1ADD.jpegLooks like we aren’t gonna find that prop on the market, just gonna have to develop within the club in which we suck at.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Totally different mindset being parachuted in as an “interim coach”; no real expectations. Potter and his coaching staff got the programme for the Warriors campaign horribly wrong.
Special mention to Vaughan who yet again was our best & most consistent….yet won’t be with us next season-& Averillo once again demonstrated ineptness in the Fullback position. Payten showed Potter last week that even when you play badly, good forward rotation & smarter interchange decisions can change the game even when the team is playing poorly. ZDC is borderline NSW Cup & makes little to no contribution.
Over the past 2 seasons big athletic body at FB (Mitchell &Trbojevic) have turned average teams into Contenders. In Jeral Skelton we have an imposing agile, strong, fast and skillful athlete who is a good one on one defender and a powerful fend. The traits required to be an X factor Fullback in the NRL today.
It would be wise for Gus to invest in “the best of the best “ available coaching staff to take each player in our 2023 roster and make them better individually & competition contenders.
ZDC Doesn't get a go ,unless you play him put him in NSW Cup

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless we sign a marquee Averillo is our 1 next year (and the year after), he's the best option in our current top 30.
I agree that Averillo will most likely start at fullback next year but I don’t think he'll finish the year at fullback. I personally think if Toia got his chance, Averillo would be lucky to get the job back.

Reaction score
I agree that we are stuck with Averillo as fullback i have thought he might be able to come in on some one elses creative play . But from the get go RAY CHARLES can SEE he dose not like the contact maybe more time in the Reggies can fix this but i dont think so. Lets hope some of our fringe players get a run in last few games. There are some difficult choices to be made hopefully the right ones but we dont need more guys pretending to be FG players.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I agree that we are stuck with Averillo as fullback i have thought he might be able to come in on some one elses creative play . But from the get go RAY CHARLES can SEE he dose not like the contact maybe more time in the Reggies can fix this but i dont think so. Lets hope some of our fringe players get a run in last few games. There are some difficult choices to be made hopefully the right ones but we dont need more guys pretending to be FG players.
We keep getting ourselves into this trough where we have players learning a new position IN FIRST GRADE.

It's not the place to learn how to play :(

That will change one would think with Gus' plans but geez we make it hard on ourselves and he has been here over a year now and we still don't have at least semi experienced back up guys.

Or they dont get a decent go in key positions. Back ups should be next cab off the rank.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
View attachment 58073Looks like we aren’t gonna find that prop on the market, just gonna have to develop within the club in which we suck at.
It does look like slim pickings when you see it. I think out of that list Marty Taupau could do the job. King and Vaughn have shown you don’t have to be a superstar to get the job done well.

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really poor performance from 2 of our spine players (burton,averillo) it seemed like we just couldn’t be bothered doing the hard yards through the middle or we can only play during the day lol