Reality check - We are still far off

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im sorry but not sure what vision gus has… we signed a defence coach to fix our defence but we have gone worse. We have signed any decent front rowers and yet to sign a half. It’s not like it’s been a recent problem we are having. This has been around for years.
I’ve never questioned Cc as a coach until today. As a fresh coach the team atlesdt needs to be competitive but we are so far off it’s embarrassing. Burton isn’t a 7… olopo needs to develop more and play infront of a decent pack not our flops. Perham needs to never see the 1 jumper again. These are a few of many things. The main concern to me is our attack. It has stifled tremendously! We don’t look threatening at all anymore. I’m so pissed off, the fielded there worst spine all year and even there debutant outplayed our so called 7!

korrmatta1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We may compete against the lesser teams but we are way behind against the top 4 teams. We were lucky to beat a Munster less Melbourne.

So far we've beaten Storm, Cowboys, Tigers, Dragons and Titans. Apart from Storm, none of those teams will make the eight.

Expect to get similar scorelines when we play the Panthers, Broncos, etc.

I'm no longer pissed. I've just come to terms and lowered my expectations.

Hopefully we get a few more props and a halfback to manage the game like Moses, DCE, Reynolds, etc
Relax we are rebuilding patience… :/

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yup still the dumbest team in the nrl
Need forwards but the masses don't want anyone but haas
Need halves but no one's good enough
All the other teams have gained on us while the good teams have levelled off. We are absolutely terrible

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Typically a “reality check” means it was a result people weren’t expecting.
I would call that game “reality”.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I have zero confidence in this team now.
There is no direction, no leadership.
Every week its spouting whos out for the opposition we got this yet we deliver the same incohesive performance and beat ourselves.

But this is what I dont understand.
How can we year after year still be so fucking dumb? Its like we have zero footy IQ. We just cant shake it.
No direction is right - both in attack and defence. How do you get back to back penalties on the opposing tryline and get nothing out of it?

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We need a dads army forward pack

Old man Flanno did the same with the sharts when they were a prem threat, Heighington, Luke Lewis, Gallen, Tagatese, Prior, Fifita

We need some seasoned veterans in the team. We lost Jackson & Vaughan and have rookie replacements.

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need a dads army forward pack

Old man Flanno did the same with the sharts when they were a prem threat, Heighington, Luke Lewis, Gallen, Tagatese, Prior, Fifita

We need some seasoned veterans in the team. We lost Jackson & Vaughan and have rookie replacements.
Should of kept Vaughan and fkd of Sutton

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm torn to understand if it's a coaching issue or cattle issue?

We've had a massive turn over of players over the past 5yrs, but we still play DesBall, still lack direction and lack physicality and overall fitness.