Real Madrid willing to break Zizou record for Man Utd's Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

D0ggyStylz

tribalfooball.com - February 27, 2007

Real Madrid are willing to break the world transfer record to land Manchester United winger Cristiano Ronaldo.

The Times says world transfer record has stood at £48 million since Zinedine Zidane joined Real from Juventus in the summer of 2001, but Real's management team would be prepared to go beyond that sum in their attempt to sign Ronaldo, who is also attracting strong interest from Barcelona.
United insist both publicly and privately that Ronaldo is not for sale at any price - and that their owners, the Glazer family, would not be tempted to cash in - but, with the Portugal winger having done nothing to discourage the interest from the two Spanish clubs, there is a growing recognition within Old Trafford that they face a fight to retain his services. Ronaldo's form for United this season has left president Ramon Calderon in no doubt that he should be Real's top target this summer, with the club's sporting director, Predrag Mijatovic, indicating as much this month.

Hma

The Emperor
Reaction score
real madrid will need more than 1 player to rebuild, they're ****ed sideways

alz_274

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
would any1 noe how much 48million pounds is in aussie dollars im guessing abt 150million aussie but thats just a guess???

xeno

xXxeno
Reaction score
Yay!!!! I hate Man Utd, Man Utd are screwed without him

Hma

The Emperor
Reaction score
would any1 noe how much 48million pounds is in aussie dollars im guessing abt 150million aussie but thats just a guess???
48,000,000.00 GBP

=

119,271,047.65 AUD

Maza

Reaction score
lol in that case chuck some over ur hill so i can catch ur "pocket" money :grinning:

Hma

The Emperor
Reaction score
lol

and btw tribalfootball.com isn't a very reliable source of information

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Ronaldo will go... he is by far englands most hated celebrity/sports person

grk_adonis

THIS IS ANFIELD!
Reaction score
Ronaldo will go... he is by far englands most hated celebrity/sports person
Man U themselves dont even like him. Rooney HATES him and i think they prefer the pom (rooney) over the wus!

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
how can manyoo themselves hate him whereas he practically himself is going to win manyoo the title this season? and yes it is ronaldo that is driving manyoo to win the title this season.

look at his stats compare to alot of epl players like gerrard, drogba, lampard, henry and to name a few...

D

D0ggyStylz

how can manyoo themselves hate him whereas he practically himself is going to win manyoo the title this season? and yes it is ronaldo that is driving manyoo to win the title this season.

look at his stats compare to alot of epl players like gerrard, drogba, lampard, henry and to name a few...

Man U themselves dont even like him. Rooney HATES him and i think they prefer the pom (rooney) over the wus!
Both Ronaldo and Rooney have stated that their friendship is better than ever. They get on very well so there ios no real need to rehash news from 6 months ago.

Agreed Ozman! He is loved at Man United. They will not let him go. He is the player that they are going to build a team around.

~MC~

untouchable
Reaction score
Nooo, stay with Man U. Real Madrid is where all the good players go and do fuc all.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Nooo, stay with Man U. Real Madrid is where all the good players go and do fuc all.
but you mite see cannavaro and ronaldo on the same team and also on the same team photos imagine that MG;)

Fict|on.x

akimbo^assassin
Reaction score
Wayne Rooney has hailed Manchester United team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo as "the best player in the world".

The tricky Portuguese winger has illuminated United's Barclays Premiership title charge and even won a bet with manager Sir Alex Ferguson by scoring 18 goals so far this campaign.

Ronaldo's performances have shifted the Old Trafford spotlight away from Rooney, who went 10 games without a goal earlier in the season.

But the England striker insists he does not care who takes the plaudits - he just relishes the chance to play alongside Ronaldo.

"I'm just delighted that he's playing for us because at this moment in time he is the best player in the world - not just the best young player, but the best player full stop," said Rooney in an interview to be published in full in tomorrow's edition of Sport magazine.

"There's certainly no jealousy on my part over that. You want to play with the best players, and it's great to be in the same team as Cristiano."

Ronaldo endured a torrid time from Premiership crowds after his role in the incident which saw Rooney sent off in England's World Cup quarter-final defeat to Portugal.

The infamous wink towards manager Luiz Felipe Scolari after Rooney had been given his marching orders sparked a media storm and at one stage his United future looked in doubt.

But Ferguson always insisted Ronaldo would not be leaving United - a stance he has firmed during the season following intense speculation that both Real Madrid and Barcelona were circling.

Rooney said at the time he was "disappointed" by Ronaldo's actions but he was quick to add there was no lasting bad blood between them.

And Rooney has been particularly impressed with the way Ronaldo handled the pressure.

"He's been brilliant, especially coming back from the World Cup when it was very difficult for him with all the media attention," said Rooney.

"But he's come through that and he's been absolutely fantastic this season. Hopefully that will continue, and he'll hopefully help us bring back some silverware this season."

Rooney knows exactly what it is like to live with negative criticism. The 21-year-old has grown up and made his mistakes in full view of the public eye.

"I think people tend to forget that when I first came on to the scene at Everton, I was still just a young lad - I was only 16," explains Rooney.

"It took time to learn the game and to take in everything that goes along with it, dealing with the media and the expectation and all that. It is difficult and you can lose it sometimes, but the calmness comes with experience."

Rooney believes that experience, and calm advice from Ferguson, helped him get through that barren patch earlier in the season.

"I didn't let it get me down. I look back on those 10 games and there were times when the keepers would make brilliant saves to deny me, or I'd get myself in great positions and it just wouldn't come off," said Rooney.

"(Ferguson) just told me to keep playing and keep it simple, and that the goals would come soon enough. He wasn't concerned about it at all. It would have been worse if we weren't winning games - I think we went through those 10 games without getting beaten."

"That was the main thing, that other players were weighing in with their own goals and we were winning the games. It didn't matter that I wasn't scoring."

"It's brilliant to score goals, though, and I was happy to see that first one go in at Bolton - if only to shut a few of the newspapers and the so-called experts up. I know my game's not all about goals, which is all that matters."

"I like to create goals as much as I like to score them and I'd happily go through the whole season without a single goal if it meant us winning the league."

Status
Not open for further replies.