Re-Sign Lee Te Maari!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deception_2112

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't get why the club is stalling about this guy, he quite obviously enjoys it here, and he was a monster in 2007 before getting injured, not to mention he took where he left off in the last trial, being a class above most of the other Bulldogs.

I'll have him in our squad over any other forward on the market atm..

Re-Sign him till 2010!!!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agreed. Probably our best buy for 2007. It would be best to get him contracted before the rest of the competition sees how well he goes this year and they drive up his price.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Needs to be resigned ASAP.
After he starts playing on the field, interest in him will increase from other clubs

midas

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Te Maari should be re-signed... its a no-brainer

80fic...

Maybe Lee doesn't want to re-sign, who's to say the club haven't already offered him a contract but he is holding out for more money. Although he is a great young talent and is a great fit for our team, he isn't really guaranteed a starting position or even a bench position.

he has SBW, Reni. Bobcat, And Koups in front of him. maybe he needs to leave to get into a starting position at another club.

maybe we even need to let him go, and concentrate on other positions. You are not going to win a comp with 5 topline backrowers. our salary cap needs to be spread more evenly across the park.

Siggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm sure they're talking to him. His commitment, stamina and downright talent could hardly go unnoticed. What might be happening is that his management is waiting to see if he gets a run in Origin which will push hs value up quite a bit. That's what I'd be saying to him if I was his manager. Let's wait until June - coudl be the difference between a $200k and a $300k offer.

Hopefully other clubs won't notice him as well - unlikely tho'. I

t's interesting Reni is on the bench today...........

A

A_C

He should have been first re-signed but he could be the one holding out.

(((((SMACK)))))

Jados Boutros
Reaction score
Te Maari will be doing what all young guns do. Play his backside off get media interest (talking him up) with great form and then rake in the money come June.

Hammer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
whilst i would love te-maari to stay its going to be tough to keep all these backrowers, we can't spend a dissproportionate amount on the backrow and leave us nothing to spend on the backs

who do you let go? koups, reni, te-maari, ryan, sbw and more coming through in warburton etc.

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm prepared to lose one of the backrowers out of Koups/LeeT and Reni.

Deception_2112

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well Te Maari can probably get a spot when Ryan retires...hopefully he does stay with us..

IMO we need these guys, and tbh i'd rather him than Maitua, although Maitua is also a talent

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
Te Maari has bucket loads of potential but, that only gets you so far.
However, he seems to be prepared to put in the hard work.
I would want him to be staying around for a while.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree he is quality & should be retained asap!

Status
Not open for further replies.