Re-sign Hodkinson long-term !

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In my honest opinion, I think the 'Dogs need to re-sign Hodkinson ASAP.

He's off-contract at the end of next season and he's proven himself now as a cool head with a good kicking game and an always improving ball player.

What is everyone else's thoughts?

Re-sign Hodkinson long term with him and Reynolds at the scrumbase for their careers or is Mbye the future?

I lean towards the former

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not yet sold on Hodkinson long term.

He's in the form of his career right now, but the haters will be back with their knives out the minute his form dips. If he can steer us to a Premiership this year then I would certainly consider otherwise then.

He still has so much to prove, he's been fortunate to be selected to play Origin, and he should now use this experience to better his football at the Dogs, not as a bargaining tool to secure his financial future.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not yet sold on Hodkinson long term.

He's in the form of his career right now, but the haters will be back with their knives out the minute his form dips. If he can steer us to a Premiership this year then I would certainly consider otherwise then.

He still has so much to prove, he's been fortunate to be selected to play Origin, and he should now use this experience to better his football at the Dogs, not as a bargaining tool to secure his financial future.
Its always a risk but I think its more than worth it at a fair amount of dollars.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
5 years like Sherwin. How good was Sherwin at the end of those 5 years.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I've always been a fan of Hodkinson and knew he had class and just lacked speed, as a halfback we don't need him to have blinding speed especially when we have a running 6/8. I say yes resign him unless we could somehow get Johnson I know he has apparently already signed.

What happened to all the haters that loved kirs Keating lmao

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If we want to keep him he will 100% stay. If he can stay fit and continue to string games together and improve i have no doubt he will part of the dogs for a long time.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Its always a risk but I think its more than worth it at a fair amount of dollars.
Thankfully that's Hasler's headache and not ours.

We've waited many years to secure a superstar halfback at our club. What's the bet there will be so many available if we do sign Hodko long term.

One of the pros about Hodko right now though is the way he compliments Reynold's playing style. That will definitely be a factor to consider when re-signing him

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thankfully that's Hasler's headache and not ours.

We've waited many years to secure a superstar halfback at our club. What's the bet there will be so many available if we do sign Hodko long term.

One of the pros about Hodko right now though is the way he compliments Reynold's playing style. That will definitely be a factor to consider when re-signing him
Well that right. Balancing the salary cap is not an easy thing to do.

Im guessing $500k per season for Hodko would be fair. Reynolds about the same!

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
I like Hokk and always have, I think he's a great player - defensively is probably without peer in his position but imho Mbye>>>Hokk

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
His contract does not expire till the end of next year and we're not even half way through this current season. I think we have time to sit and wait a little while longer before rushing in to signing him to a new contract. Best case example would be Barba. Dally M player one minute, totally pathetic the next. We dodged a bullet big time with rat boy in my opinion.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hokko seems to be a good bloke, intelligent and well rounded. As a halfback I think many would rate him as better than your average FG half, but at this stage perhaps slightly fortunate to be playing at Origin level. He needs to stick with it and keep doing it for this season and next, and continue to hone his kicking game and improve his tactical choices. I believe he can. If he does, he'll be worth T-Rex money+.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Extend his contract till 2016 or 2018. That way Reynolds and him are off contract just before/after each other.

Also people forget Daley stated that Hodko and Reynolds were picked before the Pearce brain explosion.

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a risk worthwhile....not many quality HB around at the moment. So chances are we stick with Hodko and just hope that he does not demand to much money.

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope hes not a Jamie Soward ... one year good the next rubbish

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I havn't seen anything that fantastic yet, lets see what he does at Brookvale friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.