Rd 15 Presser

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I think Harry would be the last person on earth to actually say your last quote. Very humble, quick witted and showing by his actions that he IS a good coach and man manager.
Correct, which is why the quote is attributed to me :-).

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
First thing potter did which shows he’s a better coach than barret;
Get Jackson out of first receiver in the opp 20
Well done potsyy

now if you could just teach that flana kid to pass the ball to averillo on the sweep with a 3 v 1 overlap!!!

he continues to hit wadell short whilst averillo is unmarked with space out the back sweep play
100% right. I’m glad I’m not the only one that sees that. Those short passes to Waddell do my head in every time I see it I cringe.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fair enough but Mick is as much a part of this revival as anyone and deserves the kudos. Plenty of players give their coach a rap as well after a win and still keep it professional.
I think they're all still mindful of throwing Baz under the bus. It's obvious the media want that, but they love Baz and don't want to see him disgraced. Even Potter knows and likes him. What people seem to not understand or not care about, is that while from the outside, we can clearly see Baz wasn't a good coach, the players could quite believably think the opposite. He may come across as a good coach on the paddock etc, and he obviously has a great relationship with the players, but he didn't get results and that's what matters at the end of the day.

I'm sure there's been a lot more to their revival than just combos gelling etc. although I have been saying that was always going to be a factor. As Jacko said, 10 new players or thereabouts started the season. It's like a brand new team, but Potter would have definitely taught them a few things. Yet, they don't need to be telling the media specific details. As is often the case Mick has given fairly cliché answers, which is fine for me. I don't even watch press much. Only have been lately because Mick is new in the role and I like his style. What he or the players say isn't very important to me. It's performances like the last fortnight which tell me all I need to know.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did he get Jacko mixed up with Andrew McCulloch ??

That was a bit bizarre. Great win for Jacko's 300th .....

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Far better for Potter to downplay the Dog's chances then talk them up and get smashed the next week. Actions on the field speak far louder than boasting in the presser.
Under promise and over deliver

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm happy for potter to be interim coach at the bulldogs for the next 3 years.