Rare replays in the 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's becoming increasingly obvious that channel 9 has followed Fox's lead by limited fast review of replays to viewers at home.

On controversial calls, over the opening rounds of 2015 season, I wonder if anyone else has noticed the decided lack of replay on questionable decisions. Further, I cannot recall a video referee over ruling an on field decisions (unless in the case of NO/TRY call). This is yet another attempt by the NRL to limit criticism of referees.

With the delayed telecast of LIVE football, terrible officiation and halting of free speech....I'm getting closer and closer to withdrawing my enthusiasm to watch NRL other than Bulldogs.

~cb.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They certainly seem to be doing their best to sweep poor refereeing decisions under the rug rather than fix the issue. I used to watch most televised games each week until the refereeing started to look rigged. Now i can get annoyed with them even when watching teams that i dislike being robbed.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I reckon its only for teams they don't things not being called off for them lol

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What annoys me is that they will replay certain incidents over and over again that are obvious but gloss over others that upon rewinding of live TV you are able to see an incorrect decision has been made.It is all in the perception that decisions have been made correctly in all cases.Video refs should be able to pick up on things that have been incorrectly ruled on but they don't because of the fact that immediate replays have been scrubbed and play moves on.

Croc

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It's becoming increasingly obvious that channel 9 has followed Fox's lead by limited fast review of replays to viewers at home.

On controversial calls, over the opening rounds of 2015 season, I wonder if anyone else has noticed the decided lack of replay on questionable decisions. Further, I cannot recall a video referee over ruling an on field decisions (unless in the case of NO/TRY call). This is yet another attempt by the NRL to limit criticism of referees.

With the delayed telecast of LIVE football, terrible officiation and halting of free speech....I'm getting closer and closer to withdrawing my enthusiasm to watch NRL other than Bulldogs.

~cb.
Been going on for years. I rarely watch other games. **** nrl

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I thought I was the only one that noticed, it's been happening for years but I noticed last year was the worst.

They replay a player scratching his arse but they won't reply a bad/rorted call.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
In 2 weeks in season 2015 the bullsh1t calls seem to already be far worse than last season.

Malla

Reaction score
In the Rabbits/Roosters game, off a drop out I think half of Souths team was in front of Reynolds and you could hear the ref on the mic just tell them to make sure they are behind the line next time. They are so inconsistent.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The manly vs storm game was some of the worst reffing I've ever seen.

Honestly if I was a captain who was on the receiving end of multiple ridiculous calls, I'd prob try and knock the refs out.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The manly vs storm game was some of the worst reffing I've ever seen.

Honestly if I was a captain who was on the receiving end of multiple ridiculous calls, I'd prob try and knock the refs out.
If only we could see a player knock out the referees for making a big bad call to make them lose the GF or GF qaulifer lol

Jester

Phill
Reaction score
I was wondering about this too. But then you watch other sports (like soccer) and when there is a huge blunder it get's replayed once or twice and then everyone moves on and it's pretty much never mentioned again. I think we are in a bit of a Catch 22: refs over the recent years have made some huge mistakes that have directly impacted a result, so now we are hyper-critical of every mistake when really, the teams should be able to recover from them most of the time.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
K
I was wondering about this too. But then you watch other sports (like soccer) and when there is a huge blunder it get's replayed once or twice and then everyone moves on and it's pretty much never mentioned again. I think we are in a bit of a Catch 22: refs over the recent years have made some huge mistakes that have directly impacted a result, so now we are hyper-critical of every mistake when really, the teams should be able to recover from them most of the time.
Correct in that we are super critical but in Soccer in England for example they play many more games in a season compared to NRL, against many more teams. A couple of really bad decisions can have a greater effect when you only play 24 games compared to up to double the amounts in English soccer.I honestly don't think that making the referees immune to criticism helps the situation either because the general public will always feel that they are in no way held accountable for their mistakes whereby players and teams are.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the Rabbits/Roosters game, off a drop out I think half of Souths team was in front of Reynolds and you could hear the ref on the mic just tell them to make sure they are behind the line next time. They are so inconsistent.
Exactly, someone on here mentioned Lussick's consistent crowding at marker during a match Friday night, I'm watching the replay now and ref Sutton gives Lussick a coaching lesson at the 10 minute 16 second mark...
"Darcy, give them room mate, don't lean in, just give them room" after Lussick had crowded Tolman on the previous play the ball.
To me that is an indiscretion that needed to be penalized. The referee is using his discretion..why? Because Parramatta have had no ball? Because they'd already incurred other penalties? Surely it illustrates poor discipline.

And...wasn't the rack meant to be the object of tidying up under the new NRL edict around wrestle/peeling off etc?? Instead Gerard Sutton just coaches the player out of it??

~cb.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Exactly, someone on here mentioned Lussick's consistent crowding at marker during a match Friday night, I'm watching the replay now and ref Sutton gives Lussick a coaching lesson at the 10 minute 16 second mark...
"Darcy, give them room mate, don't lean in, just give them room" after Lussick had crowded Tolman on the previous play the ball.
To me that is an indiscretion that needed to be penalized. The referee is using his discretion..why? Because Parramatta have had no ball? Because they'd already incurred other penalties? Surely it illustrates poor discipline.

And...wasn't the rack meant to be the object of tidying up under the new NRL edict around wrestle/peeling off etc?? Instead Gerard Sutton just coaches the player out of it??

~cb.
Yep, that was me mate regarding the crowding.It really annoys me when a ref coaches a player and warns him about breaking the rules, but the very next thing you see, the same bloke is doing it again and getting away with it. It is like the refs have dementia (please I mean no offence by this)and their short term memory is shot.No consistency from the officials, just excuses as to why things happen the way they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.