Ranking each clubs Goal Kicking stocks for 2021

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Bulldogs: Kyle Flanagan, 76.4%

2020 form: Kyle Flanagan 91/113, 80.5%; Jake Averillo 12/15, 80%; Nick Meaney 22/32, 68.8%; Brandon Wakeham 4/7, 57.1%.

The recruitment of Kyle Flanagan from the Roosters bumps the Bulldogs right up the list. Flanagan hit some absolutely clutch goals and finished at slightly better than 80% for the season while the back-up kickers at Belmore are better than at almost any club with Averillo and Meaney more than capable and Wakeham also having kicked at times.

- Atleast we're top 4 in something.20210125_182222.jpg

Magic Arrow

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They need to increase points for sideline conversions to really bring the value of a goal kicker into play and make it a bit more interesting.... say 3points from the sideline and 2points for in front of the sticks.
You should get 0 points if its in front lol

Pappydog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
They need to increase points for sideline conversions to really bring the value of a goal kicker into play and make it a bit more interesting.... say 3points from the sideline and 2points for in front of the sticks.
Or, if you score near the posts you can take the conversion for 2 guaranteed or take it from the sideline for 3

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think the game has already changed a huge amount since I started watching it. 3 point conversions seem a like overkill given that a try is only worth a touch more. It might lead to a few teams with good kickers trying to milk penalties from the sideline to circumvent a lack of try scoring potency. I'd prefer that teams relied on creativity to be a strong premiership contender than kicking goals from out wide.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No way, would just encourage more sweep/out the back plays for wingers, which is boring already. I love seeing a team attack up the middle.

Bluebarry

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think the game has already changed a huge amount since I started watching it. 3 point conversions seem a like overkill given that a try is only worth a touch more. It might lead to a few teams with good kickers trying to milk penalties from the sideline to circumvent a lack of try scoring potency. I'd prefer that teams relied on creativity to be a strong premiership contender than kicking goals from out wide.
100 percent bro , it's going to end up like watching Rugby Union

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
100%!
I grew up playing & watching both league & union.
Of recent years union has become difficult to impossible to watch & enjoy. A significant aspect of that is the number of penalties & penalty attempts due to their value vs a try. Let's not go down that route! League is a much simpler game & so much better for it!!

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
These stats are a little obscured due to the fact that each conversion placement various

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
So you want to make a kick from the sideline only 1 point less than a try? That's insane

canine

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Why don't we increase points from a try to 6, then lower conversions to 1, then make penalty goals worth 3, and if you get tackled ingoal that gives the opponent 2 points, oh and while we're at it, let's allow forward passes...

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
oh and while we're at it, let's allow forward passes...
They are already allowed ......................................................................................................... for CSmith only of course.

Go Dogs

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
We have at one stage had 3 point tries and 2 point goals. So not much different. That said im ok leaving it as it is.