News Rampant Bulldogs shock Storm on their home turf

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I disagree with the structure comment. What does structure mean? If this is the way Bulldogs want to attack then this is their structure.
The defensive structure is much better this season. In particular the left edge. Kikau really. He can read the attack like a cheap bible.
Agree. It wasn’t just pass and prey. It was structured ambitious attack.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree. It wasn’t just pass and prey. It was structured ambitious attack.
Making a conscious attempt to keep the ball alive with bodies in motion. The only time we looked unstructured was when the offload (mainly from Kiraz) came when nobody expected and the ball went to the ground.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
When we throw the ball around we look dangerous but the flange is an absolute coach killer wouldn’t be surprised to see number 7 replaced sooner than later .
We can’t win the comp with him at 7.
Kiraz beast
Alamoti still growing huge upside
Burton and kikau better
Sutton hard pass for me but might improve need a little patience.
Second half was a test when storm got plenty of momentum.
Ciraldo walked the talk and boys followed.
Let’s pack the house at belmore and get win two and put a show on.
Lezzzzzz go dogs .
Have you been taken off the watch list yet!?!
Last week you were ready to slit your wrists...

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That wasn't the only blatant forward pass that the Storm got away with.

At least the video ref noticed the interference on Mahony and overruled the final Storm try that the ref didn't question, even though he saw he incident.
I only saw the highlights but what you said wouldn't surprise me. Nrl refs are wwe quality.

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Awesome game. Best in years.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
wonder if Smith gets done for striking Kiks whilst he was down.We only see from behind but it didnt look good, thought he should have been penalised. They went on to score after he played the ball.
Smith got done playing for us a couple of years ago and copped suspension
I guess we can take some comfort in the knowledge that Bellyache will be destroying the ****! This week for being a poor excuse of a footballer.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s amazing what we can do when the refs give us a fair go. Compared to last week 6 agains and penalties and sin bins were a bit more even and I thought the video ref helped us a bit with captains challenge and denying storm try when Reed was obstructed. As others have commented we were caned last week and reffed out of the game.
To be fair I thought the officials were actually really good for our game (for once).

Chris Butler did a good job, and even Ashley Klein was fair to us in the bunker.

Lost Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Refs blunder, Reed Mahoney ball striped via storm defender who was not marking straight. Reed mentioned it at half time approaching tunnel to Chris Butler on the balls up.