Raiders sign Blake Ferguson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsar...9954/raiders-sign-blake-ferguson/default.aspx

The Canberra Raiders have continued their strong recruitment for season 2011, with news today that Cronulla Sharks winger Blake Ferguson will join the club on a two year deal.

Ferguson, who represented the Indigenous All-Stars in the inaugural NRL All-Stars match on the Gold Coast earlier this year, will bolster the Raiders outside backs, giving them one of the most exciting backlines in the NRL.

Ferguson said he’s excited about joining the Raiders next year.

“The Raiders are a young team on the rise and have some very talented players and I’m keen to be a part of this team moving forward,” Ferguson said. “I like the idea of playing for Canberra in a one team town and I have also got some family close by who are very supportive of my decision to play for the Raiders.”

Raiders CEO Don Furner said the signing of Ferguson was great news for the club and showed the team could attract high profile players to Canberra.

“It’s great to have Blake on board for two years, he’s an exciting young player who will fit in well with the team we have down here,” Furner said. “With Blake joining the club next year along with Brett White it shows the Raiders are an attractive option for players and the future looks very bright.”

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
Good on them. I don't mind when the Raiders actually have some recruitment success.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
its funny he said he wanted to win premierships so thats why he left the sharkies :p

the raiders are a better prospect but i dont think they are consistent enough to win 1 anytime soon

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Careful Hantsa, they've got a good, young, big pack of forwards and a very sound backline.
I reckon they'll give premierships a shake over the next few years

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
GREAT signing but he won't win sht in Canberra.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Careful Hantsa, they've got a good, young, big pack of forwards and a very sound backline.
I reckon they'll give premierships a shake over the next few years
Their halves are garbage/too inconsistent to win anything anytime soon.

Sherwin_7

Shifty Sherwin
Reaction score
Their halves are garbage/too inconsistent to win anything anytime soon.
If they had a decent halfback it wouldnt be so bad. Campesie is a good player buy Macrone is ****.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If they had a decent halfback it wouldnt be so bad. Campesie is a good player buy Macrone is ****.
Campese is good but way too inconsistent. Maybe Dugan can take some pressure off him in the years to come?

Sherwin_7

Shifty Sherwin
Reaction score
Campese is good but way too inconsistent. Maybe Dugan can take some pressure off him in the years to come?
Thats if Dugan stays at Canberra. I recon after this contract expires he will leave. Plus the guy is always injured..

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thats if Dugan stays at Canberra. I recon after this contract expires he will leave. Plus the guy is always injured..
I thought he recently re-signed for 2 years? Or is that what you meant, after the 2 years?

It's up to him though. Canberra will throw everything INCLUDING the kitchen sink to keep him in Canberra.

Sherwin_7

Shifty Sherwin
Reaction score
I thought he recently re-signed for 2 years? Or is that what you meant, after the 2 years?

It's up to him though. Canberra will throw everything INCLUDING the kitchen sink to keep him in Canberra.
Yeah thats what I meant after the 2 years is up. Agreed.. Canberra will throw big money at him but I just think he will go.. Dont get me wrong I would like him to stay at Canberra but he will only be 23 or something when that contract expires. Especially if he thinks he can win a premiership elsewhere..

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah thats what I meant after the 2 years is up. Agreed.. Canberra will throw big money at him but I just think he will go.. Dont get me wrong I would like him to stay at Canberra but he will only be 23 or something when that contract expires. Especially if he thinks he can win a premiership elsewhere..
As much as I'd love to have a player like Dugan here at Canterbury, I like loyalty and I also like it when clubs keep players they have nurtured and put up with.

Sherwin_7

Shifty Sherwin
Reaction score
As much as I'd love to have a player like Dugan here at Canterbury, I like loyalty and I also like it when clubs keep players they have nurtured and put up with.
Agreed 2 times. I especially like it when that player stays at a club from a junior all the way through until they retire.. A one man club.. Like Haz.. Its great to see..

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
When hes 23 he would want to move to Sydney for all the good looking girls. I know I would.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
He'll fit in well with Dugan, Crying at every little thing on the field

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Sam Williams is a good halfback.. they'll send him up to Souths Logan next year but. This team needed a Kimmorley, Orford or Barrett imo.

They won't win sh*t until they have an experienced number 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.