Raiders offer star winger FIVE years — but he could still be lured to Dogs

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
NSW State of Origin winger Nick Cotric has been offered a five-year contract to remain at the Canberra Raiders but is still weighing up a $1.8 million three-year deal to switch to Canterbury-Bankstown.

While the Green Machine have come in heavy with a $2.5 million deal, the Bulldogs are continuing to work behind-the-scenes on trying to convince the Blues representative winger to switch to Belmore.

Bulldogs powerbrokers have confirmed Cotric spoke to CEO Andrew Hill on Wednesday night and is seriously considering a move to Sydney.

The Bulldogs have had a crack at signing David Fifita, John Bateman and now Cotric as the club attempts to utilise a $3 million cheque book for next season.

The Green Machine local junior has been with the club since he was a teenager and was a vital cog in the Raiders run to last year’s grand final.

There are concerns if Cotric switches to Canterbury-Bankstown, currently running 16th, he may struggle to retain his representative jumpers.

A decision from the NSW State of Origin winger is expected within the next 48 hours.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...yZJRra5hoaMffV-Km4MoPN7-T9Elo0dtSjSS3LU5oOcNk

Last edited by a moderator:

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a no brainer... Take the 3 year deal, in 3 years time he'll be worth more than 1 mill for two seasons.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We had a crack lol.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
It's a no brainer... Take the 3 year deal, in 3 years time he'll be worth more than 1 mill for two seasons.
500k/5 years = 2.5m
700k/3 years = 2.1m

Unless Cotric is an epic fail he can re-sign for what he's worth ~500k or sign for another club offering overs for ~700k again after three years.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
are you saying to offer 700K lol
If that's what it takes, yes. That's my max before saying it's too much. No, I don't think he's worth that.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If that's what it takes, yes. That's my max before saying it's too much. No, I don't think he's worth that.
you are better off matching raiders 5 year deal and offering 600k.

cotric is a gun,

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
you are better off matching raiders 5 year deal and offering 600k.

cotric is a gun,
I don't think so. I'd rather cop the overs for three years and then renegotiate his contract in three years. I want to win a premiership and you can't do that with dead cap space.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
NSW origin wingers are JAC and Fergo. I doubt he will be able to unseat them in the next couple of years.

That theory of not being picked because of your clubs position on the ladder is BS,
How come Daniel Tupou hasn't been sighted in Origin since 2015? At the end of the day, its the coach and committees decision, if you're good enough they'll select you. Ask Jai Arrow.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
5 years for 500k a year? Doesn't sound that good to me.

Why are they carrying on like he's a NSW and Aussie starting back?

Hope we get him.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Just get the deal done. I'm a fan of this kid and think he'll do well in our colours.
Rated him for years. Posted long ago I wanted him and Aitken as our centres big and powerful with great leg drive. Euan has dropped off and wouldn't take him, but still very much keen on Cotric, will be pretty cut if we don't get him.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Rated him for years. Posted long ago I wanted him and Aitken as our centres big and powerful with great leg drive. Euan has dropped off and wouldn't take him, but still very much keen on Cotric, will be pretty cut if we don't get him.
aitken is tiny

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
aitken is tiny
Nah bro all quads and has good leg drive that's his game. All comes undone though because his defence is shit. Cotric only 5kgs bigger.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
if Canberra are offering that, that must mean cotric is seriously considering our offer.

Here's hoping it happens