Not open for further replies.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Roosters are a perfect example of having a good pair halves combination rather than a shit mediocre one. Last year they were hopeless and had Hastings in the halves with Pearce. Now with keary they're fkn firing again which I cannnot handle nor can I understand why Hasler hasn't pursued at all costs getting a great fkn half back ffs
Their forwards run great lines though and that makes the halves job so much easier. They are just a really good unit atm.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Their forwards run great lines though and that makes the halves job so much easier. They are just a really good unit atm.
That's true, I guess it's just des's structures are fuckig everything up.
Their defence is better than melbournes in my opinion especially on the goal line it's fkn ridiculous it's looking like the their defence in 2013 when they won the comp.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Their defence is better than melbournes in my opinion especially on the goal line it's fkn ridiculous it's looking like the their defence in 2013 when they won the comp.
Yh they look good..still early though.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I disagree. Sure klemmer would provide some punch off the bench, but the reality is that he is capable of playing long minutes at high impact when he starts. Plus a player of his calibre would never be happy being played off the bench. Its the sort of thing that would make him want to play elsewhere. I also think we would be better off playing eastwood off the bench. Eastwood is clearly incapable of long minutes with high energy, so for me its a no brainer, put RFM in his no 12 and bring eastwood on to give klem a break......
I agree 100% flamebouyant. If David Klemmer is good enough to play for Australia he's good enough to start with the Bulldogs. Its just my opinion but in what is going to be a hard match both mentally and physically you have to start with your top guns. Klemmer fits that description and Eastwood who is now on the downward slide doesn't. At this stage of his career Eastwood has still got tons of experience and plenty of ability but can't keep it up for long minutes; he should definitely be on the bench.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
FACE TO FACE:
1 Brad Abbey v 1 Tom Trbojevic - Abbey is still really young but showed nice signs in first game.
2 Brett Morris v 2 Jorge Taufua - Not even a contest.
3 Josh Morris v 3 Dylan Walker - Not even a contest. JMoz hitting form.
4 Brenko Lee v 4 Brian Kelly - Not even a contest. Brenko hitting form.
5 Marcelo Montoya v 5 Akuila Uate - Uate isn't that good, but has experience.
6 Josh Reynolds v 6 Blake Green (ex Dogs) - Green is more level headed, but Reynolds can win you a game. Depends which Josh Reynolds turns up.
7 Moses Mbye v 7 Daly Cherry-Evans (c) - I'm only JUST leaning to DCE because of his past abilities, even though he hasn't been playing well yet this season.
8 Aiden Tolman v 8 Brenton Lawrence - Tolman is more level headed and just gets on with the job.
9 Michael Lichaa v 9 Api Koroisau - Can't split them. Lichaa is playing starting to show positive signs of why we signed him of late. If he turns up against Manly he could prove the key to a win. Api is no frills but gets job done.
10 James Graham v 10 Martin Taupau (ex Dogs) - Hard to split. Taupau can be damaging but heavily penalised. Graham yet to hit form.
11 Josh Jackson v 11 Frank Winterstein (ex Dogs) - Not even a contest. Josh Jackson consistent.
12 Greg Eastwood v 12 Curtis Sironen - Beastwood comfortably
13 David Klemmer v 13 Jake Trbojevic - Jakes not bad, but if Klemmer fires up he'll destroy him.

BENCH - Regardless who Manly call up, Dogs bench have them covered. RFM and Elliott entering form.
14 Sam Kasiano v 14 Lewis Brown
15 Danny Fualalo v 15 Nate Myles
16 Adam Elliot v 16 Jackson Hastings
17 Raymond Faitala-Mariner v 17 Addin Fonua-Blake
18 Craig Garvey 19 Matt Frawley 20 Francis Tualau 21 Reimis Smith
18 Shaun Lane (ex Dogs) 19 Jarrad Kennedy 20 Matthew Wright 21 Billy Bainbridge

I think Manly will go with: Myles, Hastings, Lane and Addin Fonua-Blake on bench.
I think Dogs will stick with: Kasiano, Fualalo, Elliot, and RFM.

DOGS: 7 + Bench
MANLY: 3
DRAW: 3

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
FACE TO FACE:
1 Brad Abbey v 1 Tom Trbojevic - Abbey is still really young but showed nice signs in first game.
6 Josh Reynolds v 6 Blake Green (ex Dogs) - Green is more level headed, but Reynolds can win you a game. Depends which Josh Reynolds turns up.
7 Moses Mbye v 7 Daly Cherry-Evans (c) - I'm only JUST leaning to DCE because of his past abilities, even though he hasn't been playing well yet this season.
8 Aiden Tolman v 8 Brenton Lawrence - Tolman is more level headed and just gets on with the job.
9 Michael Lichaa v 9 Api Koroisau - Can't split them. Lichaa is playing starting to show positive signs of why we signed him of late. If he turns up against Manly he could prove the key to a win. Api is no frills but gets job done.
10 James Graham v 10 Martin Taupau (ex Dogs) - Hard to split. Taupau can be damaging but heavily penalised. Graham yet to hit form.
11 Josh Jackson v 11 Frank Winterstein (ex Dogs) - Not even a contest. Josh Jackson consistent.
13 David Klemmer v 13 Jake Trbojevic - Jakes not bad, but if Klemmer fires up he'll destroy him.

BENCH - Regardless who Manly call up, Dogs bench have them covered. RFM and Elliott entering form.

I think Manly will go with: Myles, Hastings, Lane and Addin Fonua-Blake on bench.

I can agree with some of your head to head comparisons.

DCE is miles ahead of Mybe
Dylan walker is currently better than J Moz
Brenton Lawrence better than Tolman
Green better than Reynolds
Tommy Turbo is miles ahead of abbey

But we will still win.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
That's just plain wrong to suggest the Roosters defence is on the level of the Storm's.

The Chooks let in 18 to the Titans and 24 against us when in reality we played very average.

Also, a simple check of the extended ladder on NRL.com shows how much better the Storms defence is.

I think the Roosters are a top 4 team this year, but the Storm's defence is clearly on another level.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's just plain wrong to suggest the Roosters defence is on the level of the Storm's.

The Chooks let in 18 to the Titans and 24 against us when in reality we played very average.

Also, a simple check of the extended ladder on NRL.com shows how much better the Storms defence is.

I think the Roosters are a top 4 team this year, but the Storm's defence is clearly on another level.
Sorry

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The half and fullback positions negate all other head to heads
They've got the better 2

However I still think we'll pump then by 18-20

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Storm D according to the same ladder slightly better ours

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We can and should beat them,the team just has to play with energy for the entire 80 min.
Our halves have to be smart and hopefully abbey takes those bombshells
from DCE.
At this time of year the boys are fully fit with no excuses,come on Dogs
Make a statement and show us some pride wearing that jersey

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
FACE TO FACE:

Graham been named in NRL official team of the week last two consecutive weeks

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
FACE TO FACE:

Jake's not bad but Klemmer could destroy him ? If I had the option of either player in my side, I'd be picking Trbojevic every day of the week. He's a more complete player than Klemmer. Reckon you are looking through blue and white eyes .

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I was more worried about last week tbh I'm expecting a good win
You never know with the warriors. Lose when u expect them to win, win when u expect them to lose.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Jake's not bad but Klemmer could destroy him ? If I had the option of either player in my side, I'd be picking Trbojevic every day of the week. He's a more complete player than Klemmer. Reckon you are looking through blue and white eyes .
I disagree with both the comments, Klemmer is a far superior Prop with Trbo a far superior Lock. If I had to have one it would be Klemmer but I would be happy with either tbh.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I disagree with both the comments, Klemmer is a far superior Prop with Trbo a far superior Lock. If I had to have one it would be Klemmer but I would be happy with either tbh.
I'm talking about as a player. TRBOJEVIC is a better player. He plays 80, and has more skill than Klemmer. Personally I wouldn't pick Klemmer in origin. His form late last year and in 2017 has been ordinary

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
It's not just that. Their halves run the ball to the line before passing, that drags in the defence to open up the gaps. Our "halves" start playing way before the defensive line, that doesn't engage defenders So its useless.

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm talking about as a player. TRBOJEVIC is a better player. He plays 80, and has more skill than Klemmer. Personally I wouldn't pick Klemmer in origin. His form late last year and in 2017 has been ordinary
How can you say he is better than klemmer , klemmer was Australia's best forwards by a mile in the 4 nations and strated the season well, Trobjevic is a good low tackler but is not efective is attack, ridiculas to compare them

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It's not just that. Their halves run the ball to the line before passing, that drags in the defence to open up the gaps. Our "halves" start playing way before the defensive line, that doesn't engage defenders So its useless.
A half isn't going to play at the line when the forward is no where in support.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
If we can't roll over their pack then we are no chance. 2 shitter starting backrowers in the comp there is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.