R4 - Bulldogs V Broncos live - Team list and Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
When you see the two teams lined up like that, I can't see a single position where we have the upper hand. Probably Jackson over Thaiday is the only one.

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I remember there being a couple of times where we beat the Broncos when no one gave us any chance.

One that quickly comes to mind was our 26-18 win up at Suncorp Stadium in 2008. We beat them with this abysmal lineup that day:

1. Brent CRISP
2. Hazem EL MASRI
3. Daryl MILLARD
4. Tim WINITANA
5. Heka NANAI
6. Daniel HOLDSWORTH
7. Arana TAUMATA
8. Jarrad HICKEY
9. Corey HUGHES
10. Fred BRIGGS
11. Sonny Bill WILLIAMS
12. Andrew RYAN (c)
13. Reni MAITUA
14. Chris ARMIT
15. Lee TE MAARI
16. Sione KITE
17. Ben ROBERTS

mike_Nolan17

Waterboy
Reaction score
I remember there being a couple of times where we beat the Broncos when no one gave us any chance.

One that quickly comes to mind was our 26-18 win up at Suncorp Stadium in 2008. We beat them with this abysmal lineup that day:

1. Brent CRISP
2. Hazem EL MASRI
3. Daryl MILLARD
4. Tim WINITANA
5. Heka NANAI
6. Daniel HOLDSWORTH
7. Arana TAUMATA
8. Jarrad HICKEY
9. Corey HUGHES
10. Fred BRIGGS
11. Sonny Bill WILLIAMS
12. Andrew RYAN (c)
13. Reni MAITUA
14. Chris ARMIT
15. Lee TE MAARI
16. Sione KITE
17. Ben ROBERTS
Times have changed my friend, difference is that bulldogs line has more hope than the current one...

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
tolman quoted today “I don’t think Des needs to change. Obviously we need to improve a few things from last week. I suppose that’s where you’ll see the change,
But in terms of our footy structures, I don’t think that really needs to change too much.”
Geez! This fucker doesn't want to lose his 4th tackle set play does he?

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was thinking maybe the dogs will fire up and upset the bronco's but even with the players putting in an effort to save hasler they will cave and after about 30 min the bronco's will show how shit our team is and that will spell the end for hasler, thank god, I hate seeing the doggies lose but it's inevitable, bye bye hasler.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No consequences for one of the most embarrassing losses in club history. This is half the problem we have no one deserving to be promoted but we have plenty that are deserving to be dropped.
Exactly!
Too much 'loyalty' actually, its denial - lack of mental toughness.
And we reinforce it with the lack of depth at the club.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

1. Brent CRISP
2. Hazem EL MASRI
3. Daryl MILLARD
4. Tim WINITANA
5. Heka NANAI
6. Daniel HOLDSWORTH
7. Arana TAUMATA
8. Jarrad HICKEY
9. Corey HUGHES
10. Fred BRIGGS
11. Sonny Bill WILLIAMS
12. Andrew RYAN (c)
13. Reni MAITUA
14. Chris ARMIT
15. Lee TE MAARI
16. Sione KITE
17. Ben ROBERTS
This side would roll right over the top of our present day side

Hôt-dawg

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Eastwood is a bench player at best these days. Ffs I can't understand why RFM isn't starting. He has impact and an offload in the 10 minutes he plays.
Also no utility on the the bench ffs. Does Des watch the game?

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Problem with that is it means half the nsw cup side would be in fg.

The whole team was poor anyway, cant drop them all
Maybe we can Forfeit save our self's the embarrassment of the cricket score to our beloved Blue & White Jersey.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Problem with that is it means half the nsw cup side would be in fg.

The whole team was poor anyway, cant drop them all
Dropping players is about getting their attitude right, even if the person replacing them isn't any better! Remember talau 98! You want to make them feel responsible for letting their team down! And then you want to assess how have they reacted to this decision! Thus is when you find out the good players from the great players!

Last edited:

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I'm expecting Tolman to score 5 tries this week, all on the 4th tackle. Dogs 20-18

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They dominate every position against us however we have what they never will and that my friends is Tolman on the 4th

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't believe we are still carrying 4 forwards on the bench, none of which have any utility value. We saw in many games last year, and even 4 games this year that we do get backline injuries. We would have beaten the Roosters if we'd had somebody who could slot into the backs instead of moving 4 players around to cover one injury. Des is a joke he does the same shit every week and doesn't react and that's why we got smoked by Manly.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Was thinking maybe the dogs will fire up and upset the bronco's but even with the players putting in an effort to save hasler they will cave and after about 30 min the bronco's will show how shit our team is and that will spell the end for hasler, thank god, I hate seeing the doggies lose but it's inevitable, bye bye hasler.
Yh it would be so much easier if we just got pumped again this week and the pressure continued. I can't believe i think that but i just genuinely hate Hasler and what he has done to the club. I can't ever see us moving forward wirh him as coach.

I do think we will some how scrap a win thursday night lol.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To win we're going to need to score! If we can't score against manly how are we going to score against Brisbane!

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogs v Broncos will play out like the 2014 grand final against souffs

We will try and bog down the match as long as possible, it will be 6-6 for 50-60 minutes and then Broncos will open us up.

Final score Broncos 28-6 Bulldogs

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yh it would be so much easier if we just got pumped again this week and the pressure continued. I can't believe i think that but i just genuinely hate Hasler and what he has done to the club. I can't ever see us moving forward wirh him as coach.

I do think we will some how scrap a win thursday night lol.
I feel the same right now. While he is under pressure maybe best for short term pain for long term gain. Can't believe I'm saying it as well, a broncos win might be a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.