News Question mark over Tevita Pangai Junior after star is benched for long periods during Bulldogs' 16-6 loss to Knights

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
TPJ has been our best forward by a long way this year. His second phase play has kept us in games this year. He was gassed very early in the game. He is not the fittest bloke but he us not that unfit. I reckon illness.take he had no offloads which hints that something was wrong as he is one if the leading off loaders in the comp.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I dont think we can pass judgement on TPJ yet because Baz has proven he's taken proven stars and made them average at best and someone like TPJ might excel under a different coach (here or elsewhere) who can bring the best out of him. Same goes for every other player we have, whats going to happen when Kiks and Mahoney are here and likely head in the same direction.

Reecek89

Kennel Established
Reaction score
TPJ is yet another that needs a coach to guide him… the guy is destructive, to be taken off two or three times yesterday, yes he looked a uninterested, but that’s on T Ballz!

Why didn’t T Ballz take Dufty the hack off?
He was just as bad as TPJ yesterday
Gus said a couple weeks back they willl ease him slowly into bug minutes again

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only played 30 minutes today, first 22 and last 8. Was he injured ?
I thought myself that his time on feild was very strange today, mainly because he did come back on at the death which would suggest no injury IMO.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Forget the injury a few weeks ago was back related maybe? Perhaps their taking it slowly as it's still niggling him? Fd if I know for sure ask Gus on twatter..

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't understand why you wouldn't play your most expensive player for longer minutes.