Question for the gaming nerds

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've never traded a game back to a game shop. But I still buy 90% of my games second hand from them. So I wouldn't want to go disc free. I'd hope there's enough people who see things the same way.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can you try the same disc in a different PS5?

Disc vs Digital - only benefit is sharing the cost of the digital with someone use using the same login otherwise disc will always be cheaper in the long run. The PS5 slim digital only has the option to add the disc drive at a later date, EB's and other retails hate digital only too for obvious reasons.

Sony wins only with digital, disc is king and will always be, also if you buy games on your PSN account and you lose it for some reason say goodbye to those purchases.

Last edited:

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Can you try the same disc in a different PS5?

Disc vs Digital - only benefit is sharing the cost of the digital with someone use using the same login otherwise disc will always be cheaper in the long run. The PS5 slim digital only has the option to add the disc drive at a later date, EB's and other retails hate digital only too for obvious reasons.

Sony wins only with digital, disc is king and will always be, also if you buy games on your PSN account and you lose it for some reason say goodbye to those purchases.
I know a guy who had his account revoked.
He had the account for years and then someone reported it and they shut it down.

He lost all his games and achievements.
His user name was Freakymotherfuckr.

Even I wondered how he was able to get away with bypassing the swear filter?

Last edited:

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I know a guy who had his account revoked.
He had the account for years and then someone reported it and they shut it down.

He lost all his games and achievements.
His user name was Freakymotherfuckr.

Even I wondered how he was able to get away with bypassing the swear filter?
Lose your account and your purchases are gone, going digital you never really own them just like any other digital gaming service like steam etc.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Lose your account and your purchases are gone, going digital you never really own them just like any other digital gaming service like steam etc.
At least with digital you don't need to worry about scratched discs.

Both digital and hard copy have pros and cons.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm old school, I like my physical copies. I also like physical copies so I can have my collection on display. Same with movies/TV series, I like collecting boxsets and special editions.

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought it would download to your device

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I thought it would download to your device
still needs to authenticate with the account connected to the internet.

Steam can be played offline but your games are still tied to your account, with PC gaming there is no choice but digital. My steam library isn’t huge one game I have is worth a small fortune with expansion over the years.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'm old school, I like my physical copies. I also like physical copies so I can have my collection on display. Same with movies/TV series, I like collecting boxsets and special editions.
I like whatever's cheaper and more convenient

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I used to love having my collection on display, now days it's just another thing that takes up too much space.

I still buy physical though 'cause digital is an overpriced scam. When the day comes that there's no more physical discs, the only option will be to pay $125 to Playstation for a new game due to their monopoly on the market.

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some of those box sets are worth a few bucks i have the MASH set in ammo box

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thing with digital is you cannot physically pass it down to your kid or whoever...