Quade Cooper isnt worth the $700k a year

Status
Not open for further replies.

The.X.Factor

Forum Maniac
Reaction score
Dont think the clubs said that he would agree. They just said his price has dropped due to his showing in the world cup which is understandable.
Do you genuinely think the clubs will all only offer him 300k... they say this now but when the time comes desperate clubs especially the Broncos will be lining up with massive wads of cash.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Has Quade played league at a high level before?? Alot pf people are talking about throwing lots of money at him, but have they even seen him play league??? Honest question.

And BS to those saying Union is more skillful then league, and yes I played both.

Most people watch league becuase it is generally more exciting to watch then union. Yes union can be very tactical etc etc, but that doesnt make it fun to watch. If that was the case, chess would be the number 1 spectator sport around...
The stoppages, penalties, penaltie goals etc kill it as a spectator sport. As the world moves to the ever increasing need for more entertainment, this may eventually become a problem. How many times has league changed rules to encourage open field play and try scorring make it more exciting to watch.. quite a few times...

Im not anti union by any stretch, in fact going to the wallabies games in Sydney has been some of the best crowd atmospheres I have ever experienced, however to watch on tv is zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. And its TV that rules the world these days

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i love how khoder nasser was all pissed off about this story when talking to fox sports news

he was almost livid and started clutching at straws talking about how australia had improved from a world cup quarter finalist to a semi finalist and winning the tri nations

totally ignoring his players performance and in denial

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
From what I saw, wouldnt be worth 200K in the NRL

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I agree in that international league is a joke compared to union
International Rugby is no better, after watching snippets of the lead up games I can confirm that prior to the business end of the WC everything else was a joke, USA, Russia, Japan, Poland, etc give me a break!!
Our NRL G Final crapped all over any game that was played during the WC.

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
International Rugby is no better, after watching snippets of the lead up games I can confirm that prior to the business end of the WC everything else was a joke, USA, Russia, Japan, Poland, etc give me a break!!
What does the NRL grand final have anything to do with international league?

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Most people watch league becuase it is generally more exciting to watch then union. Yes union can be very tactical etc etc, but that doesnt make it fun to watch. If that was the case, chess would be the number 1 spectator sport around...
So why do the Union WC viewer numbers trump the RLWC viewer numbers by a long way?

I mean surely if league is THAT brilliant, more people would be interested.

I don't think anyone has said union is good purely because it's tactical, or more tactical.

The NRL grand final was actually a pretty **** game I thought. Wasn't that exciting and the Warriors were never in it.

And Poland weren't even in the Rugby World Cup. lol

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What does the NRL grand final have anything to do with international league?
Sorry maybe I did not make myself clear, I was comparing the NRL Grand Final 2011 with any game you pick that has been played to date during the 2011 RWC.
Chalk and cheese comparison, NRL GF was that far in front it was not funny, unless the NZ V's France final will be a blinder which I doubt.

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
and sh!t isnt about Quade Cooper anymore.

Book, Youre only allowed to like/support/stick up for one code bro, didnt chu no ??

Mr. Sparkle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has Quade played league at a high level before?? Alot pf people are talking about throwing lots of money at him, but have they even seen him play league??? Honest question.

And BS to those saying Union is more skillful then league, and yes I played both.

The stoppages, penalties, penaltie goals etc kill it as a spectator sport. As the world moves to the ever increasing need for more entertainment, this may eventually become a problem. How many times has league changed rules to encourage open field play and try scorring make it more exciting to watch.. quite a few times...

Im not anti union by any stretch, in fact going to the wallabies games in Sydney has been some of the best crowd atmospheres I have ever experienced, however to watch on tv is zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. And its TV that rules the world these days
That's the same as the AFL offering millions for Israel Folau and Karmichael Hunt, I'm sure they've never played a senior level of Aussie Rules before joining the AFL.

DezDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
That's the same as the AFL offering millions for Israel Folau and Karmichael Hunt, I'm sure they've never played a senior level of Aussie Rules before joining the AFL.
the afl doesnt care if they can play , its a ploy to hurt NRL , take our superstars at any cost....

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So why do the Union WC viewer numbers trump the RLWC viewer numbers by a long way?

I mean surely if league is THAT brilliant, more people would be interested.

I don't think anyone has said union is good purely because it's tactical, or more tactical.

The NRL grand final was actually a pretty **** game I thought. Wasn't that exciting and the Warriors were never in it.

And Poland weren't even in the Rugby World Cup. lol
The reason the viewer numbers is superior is because half the NZ population live here in Australia.

Your next statement The NRL GF was **** tells me and I am sure, that you know nothing about RL or you are a New Zealander which one is it??
Finaly, saying that the Warriers were never in it could be right but! they cerainly put a scare in the Manly camp after half time not only that I thought they played very well against a team with a massive amount of experience.
No, I am not a New Zealander and you sir should concentrate on writing in a ARU Forum somewhere because you seem to dislike the game of RL, we prefer to talk NRL not ARU the 4th most populare winter football code in Australia.
I only put Poland in there to be facesious because there were alot of other countries represented at theWC that should have kept their teams at home.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
and sh!t isnt about Quade Cooper anymore.

Book, Youre only allowed to like/support/stick up for one code bro, didnt chu no ??
Welll said Punter, this is all about RL not Rah Rah Football.

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
Guess a lot of people will be happy now ...

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is that all you can contribute? Nasty Nasty little Guy aren't you?
I think the fact that you responded with the rubbish you did to the post Punter made more than justifies me calling you an idiot.

P

Paint.

The reason the viewer numbers is superior is because half the NZ population live here in Australia.

Your next statement The NRL GF was **** tells me and I am sure, that you know nothing about RL or you are a New Zealander which one is it??
Finaly, saying that the Warriers were never in it could be right but! they cerainly put a scare in the Manly camp after half time not only that I thought they played very well against a team with a massive amount of experience.
No, I am not a New Zealander and you sir should concentrate on writing in a ARU Forum somewhere because you seem to dislike the game of RL, we prefer to talk NRL not ARU the 4th most populare winter football code in Australia.
I only put Poland in there to be facesious because there were alot of other countries represented at theWC that should have kept their teams at home.
Want me to contribute? Keep in mind that, in my whole short life, i've only ever watched 2 full games of rugby, and both of them were last week, so yer, if i was to be a biased cnt like you, i'd be biased towards RL, not Rugby.

Firstly, half of the NZ population can't live in Aus, because, for them to be part of the NZ population, they have to live in NZ. HTH

I'm not sure whether you watched the GF, maybe you don't get much news about games between non-QLD teams up there in brisbane, but it actually was a pretty sht game... the worst game of the finals series, imo. The Warriors were never in it, everyone was pissed off cos they all hate Manly, Jamie Lyon scored a try, Brett Stewart scored a try, Glenn Stewart got MOM, etcetc... so pretty much, everyone was pissed off. Oh, and it actually was a pretty poor standard game - certainly not im my top 20 for the season.

Also, this thread is actually about a Rugby player, so if you don't want to read someone talking about RU, then don't come on this thread, simple as that.

Union isn't the 4th most 'populare' winter football code in Aus, it's the 3rd.

Bringing up that some teams in the RWC should've stayed at home in a RL v RU discussion is bloody hopeless. Does that mean that Lebanon, Jamaica, Samoa, Tonga, PNG, England, Italy, Wales, France, Scotland and Ireland shouldn't turn up for the RLWC in 2013? Why not just make it an Aus v NZ test series, yeah?

thnx

Status
Not open for further replies.