QLD SOO Team For Game 1 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone shocked with no Stagg - this was expected. This has been the same team named since g2 2008. Why would they change a winning formula? If they did the fans / media would crucify them.

If QLD lose game 1 this year you can expect changes though. And stagg may get his game if this happens.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
im happy that stagg didnt get chosen...were gonna be missing a massive work load from hannat the last thing we needed is to lose stagg aswell

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow michael crocker plays 2 games and automatically gets his head over stagg and parker. tough call tbh

and harrison starting wtffff.
harrison's been carving up for the titans.... at the end of the day, stagg is just too small for SOO, esp when Johnson has already been picked

GTJOHN

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A real shame for Stagg..has been a workhorse week in week out...one of the best fwds in the game this year...i hope this does not dent his confidence..... I hope it stirs him onto bigger & better performances

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
why would they have johnson & stagg in the same team? they both do the same job. & if they do lose i wouldnt expect any changes, QLD selectors seem to stay true and not change half the team after 1 lose.

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
told you noobs crocker would be selected 100% and stagg wouldn't make it over johnson and that myles would make it again.

QLD selectors are very predictable, if they win it's the same side every time bar a miracle or unless it's someone like lockey or petro coming back from injury.
I also think if there's an injury in backrow, parker will be next in.

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
harrison's been carving up for the titans.... at the end of the day, stagg is just too small for SOO, esp when Johnson has already been picked
LOL. Your stoned?

Harrison carving up? LOL!. Yeah, carving up in missing tackles.

Stagg too small? 183cm tall. That's not small. Watmough and Gallen are 180cm.

Stagg sh!ts on Harrison and Johnson. Stagg makes his 40 tackles but he offers in attack also. That's where Johnson fails miserably.

Terrible omission by the QLD team but what there lsos is, our gain is so he'll just rip in for us instead.

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
A real shame for Stagg..has been a workhorse week in week out...one of the best fwds in the game this year...i hope this does not dent his confidence..... I hope it stirs him onto bigger & better performances
I don't think stagg expected to make it, Johnson didn't deserve to be dropped after being part of 3 wins in a row even if stagg is playing better.
Prince has been better than thurston this season but they won't drop thurston because of that.

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
On paper, NSW has no chance.
Are you crazy?

NSW front rowers will take it to Petero and Pricey. Steve Price hasn't had his best last 2-3 games.

Bailey and Kite both in good form and will look for big ones against the Australian front rowers.

NSW' backrow sh!ts on the QLD backrow.

Myles V Creagh..Easy

Harrison V O'Donnell...Easy

Dallas Johnson V Gallen..hate him(I do) or not, Gallen is an in your face player who will work very hard and send NSW forward through the middle and make plenty of tackles.

Contain the backs of QLD and NSW win.(Easier said than done)

StingrayCharles

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mail is that hodges is in doubt so Hunt would come off the bench and Stagg would go onto the bench

Benji Bulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Qld will smash nsw anyway look at the class og qld to nsw= Smashing

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
tongas been rushed in just in case hodges cant play.
Wasn't Michaels named in origin squad? I thought he would be next in line ? (and lol, i think Michaels has been rubbish this season, just asking)
You would also think Folau goes to right centre with someone coming in to wing if Hodges is out, Folau is better than Tonga, and there is better wing options out there like kemp.

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
It's a forwards game, if the qld forwards get dominated (unlikely) then the back line can not do anything.

Shawty

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nate will start and harrison from the bench

Status
Not open for further replies.