QLD Flood relief appeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikey_mtp

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Businesses
These businesses are helping out in their own funky way.

Jeanswest - donating ALL profits made from sales tomorrow (jan 15th.)
Commonwealth Bank
NAB
Westpac
ANZ
BOQ
Suncorp
St.George Bank
Bank SA (Bank of South Australia)
Australian Central Credit Union Savings & Loans
Credit Union
Bank West
Australia Post
Coles supermarkets
Woolies/bigW/etc. - They will donate a dollar for every dollar donated through them.

Gigs/Events
There are a couple of gigs being held to raise money too. They are:

MELBOURNE: ROCK FOR RELIEF-FLOOD FUNDS: The HiFi, Feb. 12. $15+bf
Pez + 360 . Dead Actors Club . The Melodics . Garage Joe (Little Red/Ground Components). ++AND MORE++ TBA!!!

SYDNEY - The Comedy Store, Moore Park - Sunday January 16
EVAPOR-AID - a comedy floodraiser
With Eddie Perfect (Offspring, Warnie) Sam Simmons (Triple J) Dan Ilic (Hungry Beast, Ronnie Johns) The Fully Sick Rapper (YouTube) Penny McNamee (Wicked) Benny Davis (The Axis of Awesome) and special guests
Tickets $20 + Donation

SYDNEY - Kit & Kaboodle, Kings Cross - Sunday January 16
Fundraiser with DJ Sets from Bag Raiders, Dangerous Dan, Sosueme DJS, Ro Sham Bo, Alison Wonderland, Hump Day Project, Kato, Hey Now, Joyride and Mum DJs
$10 or more Donation on the Door

Also, Bliss N Eso have put together 4 packs of limited edition, money can’t buy items that are being auctioned off to raise money for Queensland flood relief. There’s different stuff in each pack, from clothes and shoes to CDs and DVDs to VIP concert tickets.

The auctions are happening online now and will close next Wednesday January 19. The money raised will be donated to the Queensland Premier’s Disaster Relief Appeal.

Other:
NRL SOO Jersey auctions (Justin poore, Carl Webb, Chris Walker):
http://integrated.imgecommerce.com/eels.htm

So if you visit any of these places tomorrow or in the near future... GET DONATING.
Sincerely yours,
Kid Cudi.

Last edited by a moderator:

mikey_mtp

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I want more info as to exactly where the money goes and what it gets spent on exactly, and who decides before I donate a dorrar
okay, i'll just type on my compootahz and fynd owtz...

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeanswest is donating ALL profits made from sales tomorrow (jan 14th.) and here is a list of other businesses doing their bit.

Commonwealth Bank
NAB
Westpac
ANZ
BOQ
Suncorp
St.George Bank
Bank SA (Bank of South Australia)
Australian Central Credit Union Savings & Loans
Credit Union
Bank West
Australia Post
Coles supermarkets
Woolies.

So if you visit any of these places tomorrow or in the near future... GET DONATING.
Sincerely yours,
Kid Cudi.
So, is that meant to be today January 14th, or tomorrow January 15th??? :confused:

~doggie~diva~

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
so if i pay my parking fine at the post office tomoro, will that count?

Leesee

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
am looking forward to marching into milton/rosalie tomorrow with my gerni, and 2 of my pom friends who think they have an idea of cleaning up after floods/cyclones. should be good fun.

i'm with mongoose, i want to know how the money is being spent...

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
Carlton (AFL) donated 20k, so their members email said.

MexicanHat

El Buzzo
Reaction score
CEO of American Express donated $75,000, along with staff contributions.

Ghost of Dime

Future1stGrader
Reaction score
Stihl Australia have donated $10 000, plus all dealers will be contributing

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
Tim Cahill along with Everton have donated this package which is being Auctioned off. Worth a bid I think!!

5d & 20 hours to go in the auction!!

Following the devasating floods that have affected large parts of Queensland, Tim Cahill has donated a special "money can't buy experience" for auction tpo raise mooney for the Queensland Premier's Disaster Relief Fund.

The Tim Cahill Everton Experience includes:
- Two (2) Business Class airfares to the UK from any port in Australia, donated by Emirates Airlines

- Two (2) seats in Tim’s private box, to watch any Everton home match this season (includes dinner and drinks)

- an invitation to watch an Everton TC training session and meet the team

- a Tim Cahill Everton jersey signed by the whole Everton team

- a pair of signed Tim Cahill boots from the game that the winning bidder watched.

We invite the football community to help the communities of Queensland to rebuild their lives after the recent devastating floods.

100% of the proceeds from this auction will go towards the Premier's Disaster Relief Fund (Ref T11/706)

Even if you are not successful with a bid you can still donate to the Premier's Disaster Relief Fund. For more information, please visit http://www.qld.gov.au/floods/donate.html

Donations collected by the Premier's Disaster Relief Appeal will be disbursed to the people affected by flooding in Queensland Communities in December 2010 and January 2011.

Disclaimer: Football Federation Australia is an authorised promoter of this event. This is an event held by Football Federation Australia to raise funds for the Premier's Disaster Relief Appeal and is not an official Queensland Government event.

The successful donor/bidder may request a receipt, but will be required to provide the Queensland Government with a list detailing the donor's name, address and donation amount. The Queensland Government will then send a receipt directly to the donor.

For more information regarding the Premier's Disaster Relief Appeal, please email floodappeal@premiers.qld.gov.au

For more information regarding this auction item, please email media@footballaustralia.com.au

On 13-Jan-11 at 06:35:49 AEDST, seller added the following information:

For more information regarding Tim Cahill, please visit www.timcahill.com

* Note:
1) Transfers, airline taxes and surcharges, hotel accommodation, travel insurance, visas and any other incidental costs and expenses in connection with utilizing the Prize Tickets are not included.
2) Prize Tickets are subject to Emirates General Conditions of Carriage and all other applicable laws and regulations.

On 13-Jan-11 at 06:38:16 AEDST, seller added the following information:
Prize Tickets are valid for return Business Class travel on Emirates' services only from the winner's closest airport served by Emirates.

On 14-Jan-11 at 03:13:24 AEDST, seller added the following information:
-
Features of Emirates luxurious Business Class include: lie-flat seating; access to Emirates’ airport lounges; gourmet food and beverage menus; and an award-winning inflight entertainment system with more than 1200 channels available on-demand.

-Emirates flies to six destinations in the UK, including London Heathrow, London Gatwick, Birmingham, Manchester, Newcastle, and Glasgow.
For more information visit www.emirates.com/au

- Everton Football Club has arranged 2 nights accommodation for 2 people in a suite at the Hilton Hotel in Liverpool.

-Audi, one of Everton's main partners, have offered the use of a chauffer driven vehicle for the entire weekend! They will collect you at the airport and will be at your convenience for the duration of your stay
Click here to make a bid... http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Tim-Cahill-E...Memorabilia&hash=item3f06747e2b#ht_980wt_1141

Currently the highest bid is: AU $316,100.00

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
FMD! That is massive! Awesome stuff from Tim and all the sponsors involved.

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
Andrew Bogut in on the act as well....

NBA Andrew BOGUT USA Tickets Games Accomm FLOOD RELIEF

HI. MY NAME IS ANDREW BOGUT...

My friends call me Bogues.
I play NBA for the Milwaukee Bucks
but I still call Australia home.

I wanted to find a way to help
the Queensland community after
the recent devastating floods.
So I have put together
an awesome package for
the winning bidder.

4 Tickets for a
once in a lifetime opportunity...

Whereever you are in the world
get ready to pack your bags.

I will fly you and 3 of your favourite friends to Milwaukee via Los Angeles for a week of
sightseeing, courtside game tickets and of course your accommodation. Find out more

Premier's Disaster Relief Appeal:
Together let's help the communities of Queensland to rebuild their lives after the recent devastating floods.
100% of the proceeds from this auction will go towards the Premier's Disaster Relief Fund (Ref T11/1101)
Link: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NBA-Andrew-B...ommodation&hash=item230d64dc7e#ht_3409wt_1141

With 6 days remaining he has raised: AU $50,600.00

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
then we will be thankful to the gay community for joining the fundraising effort
Stihl have already donated 10 grand though so we are already thankful to the gays. :grinning:

Status
Not open for further replies.