Q: If you were coach this week, what would be your game plan to beat Souths?

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I’ll tell ya what I’ll do I’ll never watch a game again this year because we a fuckin shit simple as that you all day say I reckon this and I reackon that change this change that like everyone is a SuperCoach just shut the crap up and accept that we a rubbish dean pay feel sorry for ya mate and all the cockheads on this site just talk shit
Couldn’t have put it more eloquently myself mate lol

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
All those who live close to Belmore I hope you are going to the training day tomorrow.Am sure the players and coaches would like to hear what has been said in this forum.A few hours out of your day shouldn’t be to much to give up if it means you can actually tell the players exactly what you think of them.
Any takers please have before and after photos for proof because I’m sure none of you hide behind keyboards and would jump,at the chance to personally tell the players and coach your true feelings.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1. Meaney
2. Hopoate
3. Okunbor
4. Holland
5. Smith
6. Lewis
7. Cogger
8. Ogden
9. JMK
10. Tolman
11. CHN
12. Martin
13. Jackson

14. Nu Brown
15. Elliot
16. Smith
17. Fualalo

Notice the positional changes, Okunbor to the centres until he learns how to catch with Hopoate being safer on the wing, Holland should be on the inside of Smith and try to reignite that combo. Cogger is a more natural leader then Lewis and should be given the keys to the attack and the #7 jersey. Brown on the bench to provide a spark and bring Fualalo in for more size.

In terms of the rotations Id go with:

25 minutes: Fualalo in for Ogden
30: Elliot in for Jackson, Brown on for JMK
55 minutes: Jackson in for CHN, Smith in for Tolman
60 minutes: JMK on for Brown, Ogden in for Fualalo
70 minutes: Tolman back on for Elliot

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He could start by making every one of the boys drink five pre game cans of V while watching Rambo 111

Could also bring in a full team of 17 life coaches and motivational speakers....if that doesn’t work I’m fucked if I know

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’d prolly get most in here medicated for bi-polar disorder
Pissing in pockets one week, hanging same blokes the next

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
All those who live close to Belmore I hope you are going to the training day tomorrow.Am sure the players and coaches would like to hear what has been said in this forum.A few hours out of your day shouldn’t be to much to give up if it means you can actually tell the players exactly what you think of them.
Any takers please have before and after photos for proof because I’m sure none of you hide behind keyboards and would jump,at the chance to personally tell the players and coach your true feelings.
If 40-4 doesn't tell you that you suck, someone saying it to your face won't ram it home.

Fact remains we bought into our own bullshit, ignited by a very flat Storm side, and a truly shit and understrength Tigers side.

Dragons brought us back to reality, and Souths will do that even more this week. We simply are not a first grade side and would struggle to beat NSW Cup sides the way we are playing.

We played that bad last weekend we'd struggle to beat the Bye.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ll tell ya what I’ll do I’ll never watch a game again this year because we a fuckin shit simple as that you all day say I reckon this and I reackon that change this change that like everyone is a SuperCoach just shut the crap up and accept that we a rubbish dean pay feel sorry for ya mate and all the cockheads on this site just talk shit
Well fuck off then

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apart from @btrainben, nobody’s come up with any tactical ideas about how to beat Souths. I’m not interested in navel gazing and self analysis, I want to hear your game plans on how we can deconstruct the opposition.
We all clown around here because we all know there is no tactics that we can use to win this game on Friday, we are playing a team that has speed, size and mobility and has one of the top tacticians as a coach, after the heartbreak of last Sunday, I have come to realise that the only thing we can hope for is that we don't have another big blow out with the score. our backs are against the wall and we really don't have the personal, we can swap & change positions as much as we want but the end result will be the same. every team in the Nrl who has wanted to take out revenge on us knows this the time to do it. How the hell it ever came to this I don't know. We are one of the richest, Proudest , most supported clubs in the League and look what they have reduced us to. You may all call me a defeatist but believe me I' m not, I'm a realest and I love my Bulldogs, & like the rest of us I'm praying for a miracle but I don't see where it going to come from.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I would have to bring Harper in , drop lichaa , drop Holland, never play Monty again, cross fingers and hope for the best.. maybe they bring their game to a whole new level against Souths...!! Maybe they do not.

Whatever Happens you just have to tell them to go out with no game plan (or less if one lol) Chance their arm.. play what’s in front of them and just have fun..!! At least for us fans it will be exciting to watch.. you just never know, because like pay...

I’m also out of ideas for this lot for 2019.

Still love my doggies though, it’s the best club with the best supporters after all..I’m talking to 90% of you here at TK

Go doggies !!!!

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Souths have one of the most dangerous attacks in the NRL, with the most line breaks and second-most tries and tackle busts.

Their most dangerous attacking move is when Cook runs from dummy half, angling his run towards one side of the field. Four Souths forwards will try to attract and draw the opposition forwards to that side, by running at the line with decoys for 3 sets. Once they have unbalance the opposition's defensive structure, they will then execute a fast 3-4 pass shift towards the other flank, using the hooker as 1st receiver with the rest of the spine lined outside him and a 2nd rower or lock positioned outside the spine ( to enable 2nd phase play ) with the center and wing on the outside.

The Storm are the creators and masters of this fast 3-4 pass shift and I believe we will be competitive if we defend like we did against the Storm.
Our halves taking on the defensive line sounds elementary, but unless our forwards can match the strong Souths pack and win the ruck, our halves will get battered and taken out of the game.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It’s simple hold the ball.
Meaningless. It all depends on how effective the Dogs are with their ball management.

So far in 2019 'The Bulldogs' have the best completion rate of 82%, but on average per game, we could only score 2.4 tries ( 3rd worst ) whilst conceding 5 tries ( worst ).

Completion rates are overrated, if you try and execute harder plays you are bound to have mishaps and dropped ball, especially early in the season. Perfect example are Easts and Souths who have a completion rate of 70% whilst scoring 25 tries and 76% whilst scoring 22 tries respectively.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bring danny f and rfm on the bench for sue/lichha lacko to lock give ogden/smith more minutes teach jayden/lachlan how to catch only thing i have no answers is who to replace holland with

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I watched the souths v warriors game last week. The players that must be stopped are cook murray and walker. They are short of centres and played a back rower kyle turner there purely as a defensive move. He offers little in attack.
Make the burgess brothers particularly sam make lots of tackles as when they get tired their discipline is questionable. If souths were playing a smarter team with better ball control last week they would have lost, no doubt. The warriors exposed their mobility around the ruck by using offloads and speed. Meaney needs to be sniffing for the offloads.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Meaningless. It all depends on how effective the Dogs are with their ball management.

So far in 2019 'The Bulldogs' have the best completion rate of 82%, but on average per game, we could only score 2.4 tries ( 3rd worst ) whilst conceding 5 tries ( worst ).

Completion rates are overrated, if you try and execute harder plays you are bound to have mishaps and dropped ball, especially early in the season. Perfect example are Easts and Souths who have a completion rate of 70% whilst scoring 25 tries and 76% whilst scoring 22 tries respectively.
The dragons put 40 points on us from 2 strips and 4 drop balls in our red zone .
If we do that again, Souths will capitalise and do the same .
East and south have a star studded line up doesn’t really matter if there completion rate is 70% they have the fire power to score anytime.
We need to hold on to the ball and give our self a chance to build some pressure,
Not saying play desball play how we did to tigers and Melbourne.