Put the C(at) next to my name: Thaiday

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
With Darren Lockyer's NRL career coming to a close, Sam Thaiday has made it clear he believes he is the right man to take over leadership responsibilities at Brisbane Broncos.

Speaking on Fox Sports NRL on Fox, Thaiday wasn't shy in expressing his desire to be named captain of Brisbane from the 2012 season.

"I have put my hand up, I've really expressed my interest in captaining the Broncos," Thaiday said.

"I'd love to take on the role; I know there's a lot of extra responsibility that comes with that role, not just on the field but off the field as well.

"I think I'm old enough and ugly enough to take on that job now."

Thaiday certainly said all the right things, expressing his passion as a proud Queenslander and an obvious effervescence as soon as he was given the chance to put his case forward.

While the Broncos have a very real NRL premiership campaign to take care of first, the question of who will take over the reins from Lockyer is sure to be one of the top priorities as soon as the 2011 season comes to a close.

The player selected would join an elite group of Broncos legends who have skippered the club on a full-time basis.

Wally Lewis was the inaugural captain when the Broncos entered the competition in 1988, with Gene Miles, Allan Langer, Kevin Walters, Gorden Tallis and Lockyer rounding out a daunting list of leaders past.

Thaiday won't ascend to the role without other candidates being in the mix however.

Corey Parker has deputised for Lockyer in the past and is sure to be in the mix, while experienced internationals Justin Hodges and Ben Hannant are among the other high-profile Broncos sure to be mentioned.

Penrith skipper Petero Civoniceva will rejoin the Broncos in 2012 to help assist in a transitionary period for the club, however the Queensland stalwart has said he would prefer not take on the official captain's duties.

Thaiday knows that he is essentially trialling for the role, with the final decision out of his hands.

"It doesn't come down to me," Thaiday said.

"If it did I would just put the C next to my name straight away.

"I have to wait and see what happens there; that comes from the top, from the board, from the coaching staff."

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
you have to be ugly enough to take on the captaincy? You were always ugly Sammy boy...

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I remember not so long ago he expressed his desire on NRL on Fox to take over captaincy of the Australian and Maroon team. He thought he really had a chance.

This guy is one of the scummiest players in the NRL. He should be bottom of the barrel when it comes to captaincy.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Good old Shat Hairday wants the captaincy...

Give it to him for a laugh.

UnderCoverBrother

Kennel Established
Reaction score
hate him or love him, his still a weapon just needs to get rid of the third man in title :P.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If hes captain they might aswell call themselves the Brisbane Broncats.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly think Griffin loves his man child Alex Glenn and will give the captaincy to him. He has done the job while Lockyer was in origin. No doubt he could handle the job.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Corey Parker will get it.

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
Honestly think Griffin loves his man child Alex Glenn and will give the captaincy to him. He has done the job while Lockyer was in origin. No doubt he could handle the job.
Other candidates were in Origin also.

P

Paint.

lol, Thaiday will be a fail captain. He'll give every call over to Andrew McCullough

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
lol, Thaiday will be a fail captain. He'll give every call over to Andrew McCullough
lol

fknlol !!

Inaugural winner of the PUNTERS call of the week award

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
A brudda. Mayke me kaptin brudda.

lisin bruddas. run at da wingaz bruddas and when dares a fyt, wayt till every1 iz in bruddas den run at da smallest brudda and get owned by him brudda.

Status
Not open for further replies.