Proteins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guard Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
a sensible clean diet 5 days a week,4-6 meals w/ protein carbs and veges,protein shakes can be reserved for post work out and maybe between meals,hard to go past real food,.all this coupled with a good workout regime 3-4 times a week covering all bodyparts and ur on ur way to a decent body,.oh as mentioned plenty of water and sleep 8 hours per day if possible...OptimumNutrition is good value in the 4.7kg bag about $150 i pay for

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
what happens if you do weights without protein?

Is it neccassary if you dont want to bulk up, just tone up

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Just buy some glucose powder and put it in.
Does glucose powder lean towards a particular flavour? Because my protein powders are chocolate. I don't want a choc-orange flavoured protein shake lol

P

Promiscuous

what happens if you do weights without protein?

Is it neccassary if you dont want to bulk up, just tone up
To 'tone' up, you need to cut body fat, keep protein levels high, reduce carbs or fat and do a ****load of cardio. Weights arent really necessary unless you want to increase mass or strength. I mention to keep protein levels higher then other macros due to not burning through muscle, alot of people make the mistake of dieting and there protein isnt high enough to protect muscle, thus losing weight but alot of weight is lost in the form of water and muscle, no one wants to be skinny fat.

D

DoggyStylz

How about if you want to bulk up with a diet that doesnt contain lactose or gluten?

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
To 'tone' up, you need to cut body fat, keep protein levels high, reduce carbs or fat and do a ****load of cardio. Weights arent really necessary unless you want to increase mass or strength. I mention to keep protein levels higher then other macros due to not burning through muscle, alot of people make the mistake of dieting and there protein isnt high enough to protect muscle, thus losing weight but alot of weight is lost in the form of water and muscle, no one wants to be skinny fat.
thats what's happened to me, iv lost over 20kg but lost a lot of muscle and strength

D

DoggyStylz

You will gain fat not muscle.
i know a few ppl who are training this way due to there bodies cannot break down to milk solids and other things and still a built like a brick sh!thouse, only powder they take is horleys ice

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Moe most protein shakes will boost your metabalism and you will lose more weight unless there really really high in sugar get a lean one.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
You ***, every thing has a carb in it, black coffee or black tea has 0 calories yet 1 carb.

Dumb fark.
Can't handle a joke, so he resorts to 2 personal insults.

Good on you mate. I'm in awe of your knowledge of protein. *clap clap*

PineappleBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does glucose powder lean towards a particular flavour? Because my protein powders are chocolate. I don't want a choc-orange flavoured protein shake lol
Its usually not flavoured. But It will make it taste a bit sweeter.

Seriously as if a jaffa flavoured shake wouldnt be awesome though.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Was running late yesterday so i didnt have time to split my shakes cause i wasnt going to be home,Mvp Creatine Mono,mvp gltuamine,choc mvp whey, and powerade blackcurrant flavoured powder (for the fast acting carbs) All in 1 shake it actully tasted good, Who would have thought choclate with blackcurrant a tasty mix.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
recomend me one Steve

T

Toro

To 'tone' up, you need to cut body fat, keep protein levels high, reduce carbs or fat and do a ****load of cardio. Weights arent really necessary unless you want to increase mass or strength.
If you end up doing a sh!tload of cardio (or even more than necessary) and no weight training at all, you'll lower your testosterone levels bigtime - which means you're more than likely to cause yourself muscle atrophy and weight gain in the long run.

Weights are necessary to maintain testosterone levels and muscle mass as well. If you think you can just 'tone up' without using weights, you're kidding yourself!

PineappleBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was running late yesterday so i didnt have time to split my shakes cause i wasnt going to be home,Mvp Creatine Mono,mvp gltuamine,choc mvp whey, and powerade blackcurrant flavoured powder (for the fast acting carbs) All in 1 shake it actully tasted good, Who would have thought choclate with blackcurrant a tasty mix.
I was taking rockyroad flavoured protein and orange gatorade powder at one point I thought it was pretty good :p

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
see your full into it, i think the avg person just wants to keep it simple. All these different types of supplements will confuse people who have nfi what your on about

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wanna swap bodies? :(

Even though I'm fat, I have a weird ability to build muscle without trying. I go for a walk or lift 1kg weight 10 times and my muscles explode.

If a genie came and stripped off my body fat, I would look like an elite athlete. Even under the fat I can feel they are huge. Makes me look even bigger :(
Me too. I have always bulked up on muscle way too easily.

This year I ended up with the female version of Berries forearms. :(

Unfortunately, at the moment, all my muscles are more hidden than usual. :o :o

Guard Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
its so much easier to be fat
yes it is but a simple approach to nutrition and a good training regime that covers all muscle groups+cardio and there you have it
if it comes down to it a couple of healthy chicken breast and salad sandwiches will be enough to help you recover from a workout and thats just 1 example of a good post workout meal,.protein powder(wpi) is just convenient and faster absorbing
too many newbies in gyms over analyse things and get too scientific with it

Status
Not open for further replies.