Props available to sign November 1 (for 2025)

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus is always looking for value for money. Never wants to get into bidding wars so this along with other circumstances means it's very unlikely we're getting Tino or Haas unfortunately so next best choice for 2025 would be ?

I think our 1st priority should be Moeaki Fotuaika. If the Titans keep Fifita and Tino on overs they can't afford overs to keep this guy. We need a decent younger SOO quality starting prop. If we can get 2 move on TPJ and also sign Braden Hamlin-Uele, Jacob Saifiti or Toby Rudolf

Jesse Bromwich, Thomas Burgess, Jesse Colquhoun, Mat Croker, Herman Ese'ese, Sione Fainu, Moeaki Fotuaika, Payne Haas, Braden Hamlin-Uele, Tuku Hau Tapuha, Peter Hola, Jaiyden Hunt, Valingi Kepu, Ben Liyou, Makahesi Makatoa, Ata Mariota, Terrell May, Shaquai Mitchell, Francis Molo, Michael Molo, Jirah Momoisea, Zane Musgrove, Mark Nicholls, Ofahiki Ogden, Aaron Pene, Ky Rodwell, Toby Rudolf, Jacob Saifiti, Pasami Saulo, Jamal Shibasaki, Lindsay Smith, Jamayne Taunoa-Brown, Martin Taupau, Alec Tuitavake, Alex Twal, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, Jarrod Wallace

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Dolphins seriously have about 7 seasoned props on their books.

A cheap option until we go hard for a Mo Fotuaka would be Mark Nicholls on a 2yr deal.
He’s got a good engine, and seems to be getting better with age.

I seriously can’t understand how during Covid (yes Gus was with us) we had to borrow 2 players from the Raiders due to no props for a few games…. Yet here we are a few years later and we’re still crying out for f’ucking go forward props.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tino and Hass not coming. They’ve said no

I think we need both an enforcer and work horse/Tolman sorta prop. My picks would be Fotuaika (enforcer) and Lindsay Smith (Tolman clone)
This would be a great pair to get. I reckon we are real shot at Mo

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

A cheap option until we go hard for a Mo Fotuaka would be Mark Nicholls on a 2yr deal.

I seriously can’t understand how during Covid (yes Gus was with us) we had to borrow 2 players from the Raiders due to no props for a few games…. Yet here we are a few years later and we’re still crying out for f’ucking go forward props.
Because our systems and pathways are cooked, if Floptolo is our best prospect we're fucked

ShepardDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
has to be:
Fotuika
Lindsay smith
Klese Haas who is available from November 1 but isn't on the list (idk if anyone noticed but Klese liked a post from a bulldogs fan page around 3 days ago the same time Gould went to the gold coast not sure if it means anything or just a coincidence, noting that he didn't like any previous posts)
some other options I can think of is Tanuoa Brown and Hamlin Uele. All of these wont break the bank with the most i think would be max 650k for Mo and these guys can all flourish with big minutes imo

Cantabrian35

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don't think Haas or Smith will be leaving their clubs.

Taking that into account, my preferences would be Fotuaika and Ata Mariota (who looks like a real prospect in the games I have watched).

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Needs to come from a juniors pathway. You aren't going to buy a premiership unless you can rort the cap & we aren't in a position to do that like some other clubs. We need to get back to the bulldogs of the 80's, 90's & 00's where we had an outstanding juniors production line if we want to be top 8 year in year out.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
From that list I'd target in order.
Haas
Fotuaika
Mariota
L.Smith
T.May

* Other forward news: it's worth noting Haas, Capewell, Riki and Piakura are all off contract heading into 2025. Broncos need to be heavily targetted by us to force them paying more. Would be nice to have them pay overs and not be able to afford Xavier Wilison who's off contract the following year then pounce.

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Definitely need an enforcer, that’s priority number 1. I don’t watch enough of other teams to really comment on who that could be but whether it comes from the NRL or Super League it’s a no brainer.
I would prefer we keep TPJ and Thompson regardless. That might be close to impossible with the salary cap but genuinely feel as both of those guys will thrive as long as they’re not relied on as the forward leader. We need a strong rotation and depth in that position.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Needs to come from a juniors pathway. You aren't going to buy a premiership unless you can rort the cap & we aren't in a position to do that like some other clubs. We need to get back to the bulldogs of the 80's, 90's & 00's where we had an outstanding juniors production line if we want to be top 8 year in year out.
That was the plan but this year showed we went too hard in that direction and didn't have enough experience. Still need to be in the market bringing in quality and experience and to fill holes. We seem to be sorted in outside backs and have a number of good prospects coming through in Samrani, Mazzone, Gabriel, Sua etc. However props and forwards are a different story. Seve, IMB and Marshall look promising however who knows if they can make the step up. We still need all the forwards we can get.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nicholls too old unfortunately. Will be 34 next year

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
has to be:
Fotuika
Lindsay smith
Klese Haas who is available from November 1 but isn't on the list (idk if anyone noticed but Klese liked a post from a bulldogs fan page around 3 days ago the same time Gould went to the gold coast not sure if it means anything or just a coincidence, noting that he didn't like any previous posts)
some other options I can think of is Tanuoa Brown and Hamlin Uele. All of these wont break the bank with the most i think would be max 650k for Mo and these guys can all flourish with big minutes imo
Klese Haas a second rower

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Haas, Koloamatangi (13, big enough for prop as well) if he doesn't extend before November, Fotuaika, Lindsey Smith, Terrell May in that order. You could easily get the latter 2 with 1 of the 1st 3.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely need an enforcer, that’s priority number 1. I don’t watch enough of other teams to really comment on who that could be but whether it comes from the NRL or Super League it’s a no brainer.
I would prefer we keep TPJ and Thompson regardless. That might be close to impossible with the salary cap but genuinely feel as both of those guys will thrive as long as they’re not relied on as the forward leader. We need a strong rotation and depth in that position.
lol so you are saying we cant afford to sign Thompson and TPJ due to the salary cap? Thats bullshit we have room to accomofate at least 1 marquee prop