Props Aren't 1st & 2nd Receivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Despite all the preseason talk around improved attacking structures, today I saw more props as 1st, 2nd, & 3rd receivers than ever. Peak Des ball.

Tolman, Eastwood, Klemmer, and even Graham aren't halves, and shouldn't have to play like halves.

By the time our actual halves receive ball from a slow and clunky exchange between props, they have nothing but a defensive line in their face and flat footed outside men.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Defs peak Des ball tonight. So fucking ugly.

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The title says it all just like the meerkat says "simples"

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just annoyed me... will foran change this?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In all honesty I'm never seen so much left to right footy in my life apart from the Dragons last yr.... Those 10 to 20 m passes just to get it from sideline to sideline was so confusing to watch it makes you wonder is that what Des is doing? Is he trying to trip out defences and get em so bored they get dizzy?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
There's not point buying a half if you keep with this style.
The style of footy is just shit. Unless pir forward dominate for large parts of the gane we are fucked. Surely he will change it next season?

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We only get 4 tackles as well, Tolman always comes in and wastes a tackle on the 4th for no benefit to anyone. I dont understand what Des thinks with this type of nothing play.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Forwards definitely have way too much involvement in ball playing. I am so over it. Kasiano throws at least one absolutely spastic pass every game and why is Eastwood kicking ON THE THIRD?

Fark me. Be props and back rowers not halves. Kills me.

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
First half tolman throws a perfect hospital pass to mbye who gets creamed, i dnt know how it works if ever there is a hospital pass to be thrown its supposed to be a half to a forward when they shit themselves at the line not the other way around ffs

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
What annoys me is that we have been talking about the same shit for the last two seasons,the issues we have are far bigger than the players and styles of play there has been a cultural shift st the Bulldogs since des started coaching and it is killing our club.I see two or three players putting in every week and the rest just look like they couldn't give a fuck.We are now at a crisis point
Fuk you des

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Des still hasn't got the memo. It worked in 2012 but that was a one off freakish season.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It was either a prop or our 5/8. The halfback would only get the ball if they couldn't find anyone else to pass to.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What annoys me is that we have been talking about the same shit for the last two seasons,the issues we have are far bigger than the players and styles of play there has been a cultural shift st the Bulldogs since des started coaching and it is killing our club.I see two or three players putting in every week and the rest just look like they couldn't give a fuck.We are now at a crisis point
Fuk you des
We have reached crisis point. If you lose to the hapless Tigers, you know you are in big trouble this season. If Des doesn't clean out the roster in the off season, I will be on the Des Out Brigade and will not spend a cent on the club next year.

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buzz now said Tolman to Knights, please be true. Hopefully once we have a dominent half in Foran our game plan will have a major over haul.

chriso

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Forwards definitely have way too much involvement in ball playing. I am so over it. Kasiano throws at least one absolutely spastic pass every game and why is Eastwood kicking ON THE THIRD?

Fark me. Be props and back rowers not halves. Kills me.
Could of throw a brick at the fucken tv when Eastwood did that.
I feel it lost us the game.
We were in field goal position with 4 tackles up our sleeve . We kick a field goal or even score with a couple mins to go and I reckon we win.

Total loss of concentration..
Are they sure he passed the concussion test from his earlier knock ffs

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We only get 4 tackles as well, Tolman always comes in and wastes a tackle on the 4th for no benefit to anyone. I dont understand what Des thinks with this type of nothing play.
This this was a deliberate tactic in previous seasons where tolman or graham would position the next set backline movement by hitting it up in line with either goal post - call it a settling play or whatever you like but usually happens on he 4th tackle. Graham not getting it on the 4th so much but tolman just can't get his head out of the way. So frustrating to watch considering our style of play was meant to change this year.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We have reached crisis point. If you lose to the hapless Tigers, you know you are in big trouble this season. If Des doesn't clean out the roster in the off season, I will be on the Des Out Brigade and will not spend a cent on the club next year.
I have supported the dogs for 36 years and I will support them for another 36 but I was embarrassed and pissed off with the shit that was on display today not only from the players but the coach as well......very sad day for me

Status
Not open for further replies.