Promotion of rugby league

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggzfan4lyf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
how can rugby league promote itself 2 increase the profile of the international game?

would you as fans be happy with only 20 games which includes finals in a season so 16 regular weeks and 4 weeks of finals meaning shorter season but also the chance for australia and new zealand 2 go on tours and play more internationals?

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Australia V NZ dont attract crowds

Keep normal NRL matches at the level it is at now.

Fanoftheyears

Kennel Established
Reaction score
yeah i agree with Jaybee. Keep it the way it is now

We want less offseason time not more ffs

The Beer Baron

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quality not quantity. I would rather 5 less games per year if it meant that the standard would improve. And more emphasis on city vs country.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agree with you there BB

Quality of the game has gone down DRAMATICALLY in the last few years. Only going to get worse as well by the looks of things.

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We need a few more Rep Games involving Teams of States who are not represented in the National Rugby League. The Involvement of Teams from Perth, Drawin, Adelaide, Hobart & even Launceston should be involved in some of the Reserve Grade Leagues in eiher the QRL or NSWRL in hopes of one day making 1st Grade.

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As for the International Stage, More Frequent Tests. We should be seeing more international Games held outside of Australia rather than more in Australia. Potential Big Rugby League Nations like South Africa deserve to see a Big Nations Match held in one their Major Cities in hopes of it spreading like a Virus.

Reaction score
how can rugby league promote itself 2 increase the profile of the international game?

would you as fans be happy with only 20 games which includes finals in a season so 16 regular weeks and 4 weeks of finals meaning shorter season but also the chance for australia and new zealand 2 go on tours and play more internationals?
Yes! i agree the season should be shorter to cater for internationals. But that wont happen, because of how much money the games generate each season. So your prob looking at cut salaries, less money by sponsers. it could could spell disaster for the game. Hmmmm....i dunno.
But it would be great to see more internationals at the end of each season. A chance for the young ones to be really tested.

M

MikeyP..

spam via email

and NO, we want more footy on the tele braaaa

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
The Involvement of Teams from Perth, Drawin, Adelaide, Hobart & even Launceston should be involved in some of the Reserve Grade Leagues in eiher the QRL or NSWRL in hopes of one day making 1st Grade.
Forget Tasmania. AFL mad.
Lou Richards once said to someone "the only thing to come out of tasmania is bad women and AFL footballers"
The someone said "my wife is Tasmanian"
Lou said "what position does she play?"

The Beer Baron

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The NRL tried to big early on with the reds and rams and sth QLD etc. It didn't work. They need to expand slowly and in stages. You would have to check out how the local league comp was going before you try to put in a first/premier/junior footy players.

KENNY-DOWALL

The Kiwi Xpress
Reaction score
The game has to bring something else to the games with them and i think that Entertainment would be a real key in this.

It usually brings out alot of the crowds to the games as well.

Or why not bring the double header back to kick off the season and if it works maybe merge some teams roster together and push for 1 or 2 more during the season.

Deception_2112

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Parra Power...

We should promote the game in places where the potential for the game to actually grow is high.

And obviously going towards SA, England/France are where its going to have a higher chance of growing.

I can envision SA joining into the tri-nations between Aus, NZ and GB

M

MrCharisma

Keep games out of Sydney....

Most Sydney people don't care for International football... and that's sad

H

Hazmak

Keep games out of Sydney....

Most Sydney people don't care for International football... and that's sad
When was the last time we had a test in Sydney? It's felt like aaaages. They always take em up to Suncorp.

If there was a night-time test at Telstra, I'd definitely go.

M

MrCharisma

When was the last time we had a test in Sydney? It's felt like aaaages. They always take em up to Suncorp.

If there was a night-time test at Telstra, I'd definitely go.
They played 1-2 here last year... and i went

Excuse me, ESL GF is on now

Bulldog Power

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
there simply needs to be more countries playing it with players from all those countries playing professionally

look our crap the RWC has been, imagine if it was league with the same amount of pro players... it would be ten fold as exciting... much much much more infact.... union is a crap sport where playing negatively wins you the big games

league has all the ticks in the right boxes over union, but the gospel just has to be spread... but who would want to take on australia... it would take another country years and years to get to the point where they could do it... even NZ with all the development and the mass amount of good players they have cannot compete

B

BULLDOG GEORGE

honestly leagues world cup versus union is disgraceful. the union are second to soccer easily.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I reckon they should shorten the premiership rounds to 22, then have 3 weeks off in the middle of the year for the S.O.O so no teams are disadvantaged by having rep players. Internationals may as well stay as they are coz we dont need more matches to win by 50+. NRL and S.O.O matches are much more fun to watch. I dont take rugby league internationals seriously. There is barely any competetion. Playing them more wont make them play better. They need to play each other more maybe, all they will get playing us is bashed.

Status
Not open for further replies.