Problem is Systematic

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Problem Is there are only 4 or 5 first graders playing in first grade.
I'll try to pick the 5:
JAC
Burton
TPJ
King
I'll give the 5th to Ava since he outperforms his fellow forwards on a bang for buck ratio. Vaughan and Thompson on a good day.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There are so many things that need fixing that it's simpler to shred what we have and start new. Gus has asked us to be patient and thats proving harder as time goes on.

There is no short term fix, the entire system needs to be changed, attitudes and accountability have been long gone and we lack a system that can bring the best out of people.

With Gus on board he's the best shot at solving this once and for all. How many of our players would land a contract at another club? Can count on one hand.

FZ1-S

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Our first contact in defence is terrible. We have two players struggling to put their man on the ground and a couple of players watching like there at the movies.

We have no venom in our defence, something we used to have in spades.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our first contact in defence is terrible. We have two players struggling to put their man on the ground and a couple of players watching like there at the movies.

We have no venom in our defence, something we used to have in spades.
I agree . It is a joke. We hold rather than tackle. It’s like they are taught 1,2,3 grab. It’s childish stuff and unprofessional .

I also hate how we try and milk a penalty after every hitup. It just slows the ruck down and does is no good. Get up and play the ball rather than trying to get a penalty . It is more likely we score from the back of a quick play the ball rather than a 6 again

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why is our team full of dead *****? We score a try and there like “cool guys cool”… like get the fuck amongst it. When we scored our second try everyone should of been pumping everyone up. Bunch of sad *****. Morale seems very low. I don’t rate Topine but he must be in the team because we have no intensity, low work rate and no talkers.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Starts at the top…

we have Gus, now he has to clean decks completely..

need a genuine 1.. have not had that since barba.!! We need the FB to have xfactor, so you bring in Walsh… his Hunger alone is impeccable.. he was the reason the warriors almost come back to get it done,Amazing talent.

you nab Munster or M Mosses for the 7, real halfbacks who can steer a team around the park, talks and organises.. and a kicking game is absolutely the most important thing is this comp.

lastly you sign Cobbo,best winger in this comp..this Kid is a FUCKING SENSATION of the highest level,Fox on the other wing.. then you have both sides covered, speed and skill

… we deserve some top quality killer players, all these other teams have young guys come in and kill it, they have threats and attacking weapons all over the field .. all the players work as a team and as a unit.

need to go all out, Gus needs to look to the future and start building something real, with top quality players all in the correct position.

Lastly, Sign Flanno.. he can then take the reins and make that team his own, take control, make the doggies a team no one wants to fuck with. We’ve been a joke for to long. And it’s time for that to be a thing of the PAST.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree. Averillo was awful on his defensive reads.
Enter Declan Casey will add mongrel in our defence,averilo just has been moved needs some confidence in reserves,that’s if we still drop players

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate to be "that" guy, well not really... but the word is systemic. Systematic is something working to a system. Systemic relates to the actual system.

This probably explains it better from an actual dictionary.. "In simplest terms, something described as “systematic” uses or follows a system, while something described as “systemic” is part of, or is embedded in, the system itself."

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate to be "that" guy, well not really... but the word is systemic. Systematic is something working to a system. Systemic relates to the actual system.

This probably explains it better from an actual dictionary.. "In simplest terms, something described as “systematic” uses or follows a system, while something described as “systemic” is part of, or is embedded in, the system itself."
Listen here Gus. If we wanted a teacher we would have kept Deitz .[emoji1787][emoji1787]

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The problem with us is systematic. I just don't see how we get out of this, and I think Barrett probably thought the same.

The players should be ashamed of themselves. If I was coach, I'd get these jokers having a good hard look at themselves in the mirror. They accept the higher salaries and continue to be outplayed by far cheaper opposition.

Coming to the Bulldogs as a player is a holiday now. No accountability, with high pay. Its like going to Super Leage without having to leave Sydney.

Week in and week out it's the same shit. I'm convinced training is a myth now. Naden joins the second worse backline in the comp and is looking like he's been there for years. How the fuck is this possible.

Clean out the club from top to bottom. I don't want anything remaining but the name and colours.

Full-time tonight will officially be rock bottom for this once great and proud club.
That's a perfect summation.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Agree the problems are on multiple levels:

- poor strength
- poor conditioning
- poorly drilled in defence
- poorly drilled in attack
- minimal talent in spine
- lack of effort
- lack of accountability for errors
- low morale due to longterm unfixed above-mentioned issues and loss of coach and direction
I think that sums it up and 5 or 6 of those 8 points comes straight down to poor coaching and preparation by the coaching and fitness staff.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The reality is, there isn’t many actual first-grade standard footballer in our squad of 30.

There are probably 5-6 players who could be considered to be at a first-grade standard and could walk into other teams but the rest of them won't be retained by us but also realistically won't play NRL again.
JAC
Burton
TPJ
Vaughn
Thomson

yep - just 5. Can’t think of anyone else that would walk into another NRL team atm.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No matter which way you look at our current roster it is not a wooden spoon roster, but lapses in discipline, Attention to detail , and the lack of a game plan that our current squad has the ability to implement has turned it into one. If mick can get improvement in those three area's things will turn around pretty quickly IMO.