Probable team to face the Roosters in Round 5

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Personally I'll be pissed if Wilson gets left out of the team. Will be interesting TLT, I can see Ciro naming the same 17 where possible, clues for changes if any will be in extended squad.
Yeah he would be 100%

Last week was Xerri’s first stand out game since he has been back. The first few weeks weren’t crash hot. Especially Defensively. Ciro might put him next to Kikau and Critta on the other side with Kiraz

dawso047

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I wouldn't pick this side but would watch excitedly.
1. Crighton
2. Tracey
3. Xerri
4. Samrani
5. Kiraz
6. Burton
7. Sexton
8. King
9. Mahoney
10. Faamasuali
11. Kikau
12. Salmon
13. Curran
14. Mann
15. Kautoga
16. Hughes
17. Knight/Patolo

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Making changes won’t help..spine needs time to gel. Our attack looks a lot more dangerous than last year and we get good momentum. I think in time we will convert more opportunities and grow in confidence
yes 100% last weeks game was almost a win however as every person on here has said we lacked the icing to win the game. Can’t just drop players because of that, sometimes a video review of the game is much more better and if the players don’t aim up against roosters then yes I’ll be for dropping who we need to drop. Right now it’s about learning what we did wrong and how we can do better. Roosters are not going to play this week Like they did last week, they will be itching to get on the field and absolutely let their steam out. We just need to shut down their backline like Penrith did and take the opportunities we get.

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Pity it ain't 2026
Sua Papalii Alatini Hayward Woods would be in conversation

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Pity it ain't 2026
Sua Papalii Alatini Hayward Woods would be in conversation
I hope so.. we really need someone like Lachlan Gavin who has burst onto the scene like his played in the nrl for 3 years.. if we can grab those flegg players into first grade like how Lachlan has come, would be a massive future ahead. Considering eels let go of him, I hope we don’t do the same mistake

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
I hope so.. we really need someone like Lachlan Gavin who has burst onto the scene like his played in the nrl for 3 years.. if we can grab those flegg players into first grade like how Lachlan has come, would be a massive future ahead. Considering eels let go of him, I hope we don’t do the same mistake
Difference is Tigers have a pretty solid forward pack, particularly now Papalii seems to have fixed his attitude. Hard for our halves until we see our forwards dominating more. Maybe when/if DSF and Patolo are firing....

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Difference is Tigers have a pretty solid forward pack, particularly now Papalii seems to have fixed his attitude. Hard for our halves until we see our forwards dominating more. Maybe when/if DSF and Patolo are firing....
yeah of course we just are a year or two away from finally being able to mix it with the top 6. We need direction, critta does that but we need someone to action it in the halves. DSF will definitely be someone I can’t wait to come back into first grade, he will give us some go forward and rotate with someone like Liam night or vice Versa. Still not sure why CC has Samuel Hughes playing limited minutes. Definitely a player who can dominate.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Galvin already looks better than Burton. How can this club stuff up so much?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Galvin already looks better than Burton. How can this club stuff up so much?
Burton was the boom new sensation and we were told no one would sign with us. We were all thrilled he did. So much so we were blasting Penrith for not releasing him early.

Either on Burton for not progressing and proving he is a better 5/8 than centre ...or...on the club for flogging a dead horse who won't/can't get the required 5/8 job done \_(ツ)_/¯

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Burton was the boom new sensation and we were told no one would sign with us. We were all thrilled he did. So much so we were blasting Penrith for not releasing him early.

Either on Burton for not progressing and proving he is a better 5/8 than centre ...or...on the club for flogging a dead horse who won't/can't get the required 5/8 job done \_(ツ)_/¯
my take is that you look at the others teams in the competition and view their halves pairing. Why isn’t titans doing well? Why isn’t south’s doing well? Why does storms when they are a Munster or Hughes down never seem to beat teams?

To me if you don’t have a organising half or a 5/8 to compliment the half, your not going to win or have a chance of beating teams due to that. Perfect example is Lachlan came into the tigers side, Sezer controlled the game and guess what Lachlan was able to play direct and do what he did yesterday. Penrith without Cleary look like their foot isn’t off the pedal.

I am not saying burton is rubbish or not rubbish, he just needs a dominant half to do what’s required for the team and burton won’t need to think outside the box in terms of organising plays. Dylan brown this year looks like he has dropped form. Get burton not thinking about organising the team rather do what he did to setup fox for burton to score.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
my take is that you look at the others teams in the competition and view their halves pairing. Why isn’t titans doing well? Why isn’t south’s doing well? Why does storms when they are a Munster or Hughes down never seem to beat teams?

To me if you don’t have a organising half or a 5/8 to compliment the half, your not going to win or have a chance of beating teams due to that. Perfect example is Lachlan came into the tigers side, Sezer controlled the game and guess what Lachlan was able to play direct and do what he did yesterday. Penrith without Cleary look like their foot isn’t off the pedal.

I am not saying burton is rubbish or not rubbish, he just needs a dominant half to do what’s required for the team and burton won’t need to think outside the box in terms of organising plays. Dylan brown this year looks like he has dropped form. Get burton not thinking about organising the team rather do what he did to setup fox for burton to score.
Yeah. I was just trying to justify why we bought Burton. Up to him, and the club, how they manage him to play well.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was being mentioned for origin in his rookie year, he had a breakout year then so how can you say he wasn’t that good ?
Don’t ever recall him being mentioned in Origin discussion. Let’s see what impact he makes this year

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'd have Tracey to fullback, someone mentioned he can be our version of Edwards and I think that could be spot on. Call up Xerri so that Kiraz can take one spot on the wing and Wilson comes in to cover for JAC.

Bring in Sexton so that our outside backs can actually get the ball. We had so many opportunities on Souths goal line where we looked set to spread to the wing but the ball never got there, it got to Hutch and he stepped back inside or threw it to the lead runner. He just doest cut it as an NRL halfback. I just dont think he has it in him.