Pritchard's selfless decision to leave Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Veteran Bulldogs back-rower Frank Pritchard would've hated to see the club's large of crop of young talent depart Belmore, thus why he made the decision to head overseas with a year left on his contract to link up with Hull FC.

A selfless decision, Pritchard said signing a two-year deal to see out his career in the English Super League was for the betterment of the Bulldogs and his much-adored teammates.
"I've been speaking to the club throughout the year and the two parties came to an agreement in what we thought was best for both of us. It will allow them to free up the cap and look after the younger boys in the team as well so it's good," Pritchard said.
"I wouldn't like to see Moses Mbye play at another club. Same goes Josh Jackson and Dave Klemmer. They have a good bunch of young boys coming through here but it's unfortunate there's not enough money in the salary cap to keep them so if [me leaving] meant freeing up the cap to keep those guys then so be it."
"I've taken Moses under my wing a little bit, and he's starting to come out of his shell so much now, but he's a good young kid. He's been awesome for the club and they need to do everything they can to keep him."
At the very most, Pritchard has nine games left with the Bulldogs – that is of course if the Dogs can force their way into the grand final – and the Campbelltown City junior was hopeful of having one last big run in the NRL, mainly because England was the only option for the 31-year-old.
"I couldn't run amok against the Bulldogs, brother," Pritchard laughed. "I've grown to love it here. The fans and the club welcomed me with open arms and it's been awesome.
"England was the best option for me to go over there to play and travel but I still have a couple more games so I'm just going to go hard.
"We have a tough one this week so it's just one step at a time but yeah, unfortunately it's coming to an end but every good run does. It'll mean the world [to have one last big run]. Everyone wants to win a premiership so I'll try everything I can to get there."

Missing last weekend's game against the Roosters with a rib injury suffered the week before, Pritchard allayed fears he would be out long-term by revealing he'd use needles to numb the pain for the remainder of the season.

"I thought they were broken but scans showed they weren't, just a small fracture so I managed to get out of the woods there," he said. "I would've been devastated, very devastated [if I was ruled out for the year] but a couple of little needles will fix it up."

http://www.nrl.com/pritchards-selfl...ulldogs/tabid/10874/newsid/88609/default.aspx

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Makes me love him even more.

I'm so sad he's leaving. He's been one of our best and most consistent forwards all season.

Please win a premiership for no one else but Frank.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Champion bloke.
Wish he could hang around.
Wish all the other players cared as much as him.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Makes me love him even more.

I'm so sad he's leaving. He's been one of our best and most consistent forwards all season.

Please win a premiership for no one else but Frank.
exactly what i was thinking.... it also makes me hate trex more .. he should be the one leaving not
our franky!!

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
A true bulldogs legend

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rarity that someone has such a good heart.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Frank will get big dollars going to the ESL; the way he is playing now could stamp him as the best NRL forward to do the transfer.

But the reality is that its a win / win for the Bulldogs and Frank. When his playing days are over I wonder if he would come back to the Bulldogs as our forwards coach. IMO we need a bloke like him to put skill and mongrel into our pack.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fkn legend Frankie. Has never treated the club with anything but respect

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Not enough praise can be given to the tank!

Bloody legend for our club in my eyes already, he has actually done so much for us so we need to get him that ring somehow this year.

Whether it be mingling with fans or the community, bringing our Pacific Islander boys closer to the team like family, helping out younger blokes or just doing what's needed for the club he just keeps giving and this last move by him actually still shows loyalty/passion to a club still exists.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Quality person. He could have easily been bitter about having to go but it shows that he really loves the club. He is in fantastic form and the team would be much better for him staying another year and letting Williams go.

The club needs to make sure that when he comes back he has a role with us mentoring the younger players, if they can find a job for Steve Turner who played a few seasons with us they should be able to look after Frank.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm going to miss that smile :grinning: The most under appreciated Bulldogs legend out there.
I hope the team can keep the culture he has instilled .

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Shame its guys last chance for a NRL comp

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Good onya Frank. As someone has already said, makes you shake your head at players who are on huge money in our team and don't even bother to put in a little effort. Give you a clue, it's rhymes with she-rex.

Edit: On another note it's why Reserve grade should still be around so blokes can hang up the boots when they want to while helping the younger blokes.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
aren't we paying him next year as well?

The New Zealand and Samoan international was on $650,000 next season and the Dogs will pay about $300,000 of his freight to free up salary cap space. It's likely he will be joined by another former Canterbury teammate at Hull next season, with former New Zealand international Krisnan Inu also in the club's sights.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...uld-follow-20150611-ghm0wx.html#ixzz3ho7lnPkE

GTFO with this good guy sh*t he knows he would struggle to get a two year deal after next season

JuStINcReDIbLe.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Veteran Bulldogs back-rower Frank Pritchard would've hated to see the club's large of crop of young talent depart Belmore, thus why he made the decision to head overseas with a year left on his contract to link up with Hull FC.

A selfless decision, Pritchard said signing a two-year deal to see out his career in the English Super League was for the betterment of the Bulldogs and his much-adored teammates.
"I've been speaking to the club throughout the year and the two parties came to an agreement in what we thought was best for both of us. It will allow them to free up the cap and look after the younger boys in the team as well so it's good," Pritchard said.
"I wouldn't like to see Moses Mbye play at another club. Same goes Josh Jackson and Dave Klemmer. They have a good bunch of young boys coming through here but it's unfortunate there's not enough money in the salary cap to keep them so if [me leaving] meant freeing up the cap to keep those guys then so be it."
"I've taken Moses under my wing a little bit, and he's starting to come out of his shell so much now, but he's a good young kid. He's been awesome for the club and they need to do everything they can to keep him."
At the very most, Pritchard has nine games left with the Bulldogs – that is of course if the Dogs can force their way into the grand final – and the Campbelltown City junior was hopeful of having one last big run in the NRL, mainly because England was the only option for the 31-year-old.
"I couldn't run amok against the Bulldogs, brother," Pritchard laughed. "I've grown to love it here. The fans and the club welcomed me with open arms and it's been awesome.
"England was the best option for me to go over there to play and travel but I still have a couple more games so I'm just going to go hard.
"We have a tough one this week so it's just one step at a time but yeah, unfortunately it's coming to an end but every good run does. It'll mean the world [to have one last big run]. Everyone wants to win a premiership so I'll try everything I can to get there."

Missing last weekend's game against the Roosters with a rib injury suffered the week before, Pritchard allayed fears he would be out long-term by revealing he'd use needles to numb the pain for the remainder of the season.

"I thought they were broken but scans showed they weren't, just a small fracture so I managed to get out of the woods there," he said. "I would've been devastated, very devastated [if I was ruled out for the year] but a couple of little needles will fix it up."

http://www.nrl.com/pritchards-selfl...ulldogs/tabid/10874/newsid/88609/default.aspx

Can we send them Tony Williams instead??

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

you're a champion Franky, I wish the best for you and your family

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can we send them Tony Williams instead??[/QUOTE

Yes that's what 99.9% of us want, but why on earth would Hull FC want a Hyundai (trex) when they've bought a Mercedes (franky)...

_BT_

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haven't felt this bad about a dogs player leaving since Pricey, but Tanks doing it for the club.

//sad face//

Status
Not open for further replies.