Pritchard, Folau speculation off mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Sin Bin

Reports of Frank Pritchard's exit to Salford and sightings of Israel Folau in the company of outgoing Canterbury chief executive Todd Greenberg at Origin III sparked speculation the Bulldogs may be close to signing the Wallabies star. However, Sin Bin has confirmed Pritchard is not going anywhere next season and Folau is set to stay at the Waratahs. Despite re-signing with Canterbury in May, Pritchard has been linked with Salford after the English Super League club's ambitious owner Marwan Koukash revealed this week he had made an offer for the New Zealand forward. ''We have made an offer to Pritchard and are waiting to hear back from him,'' Koukash told the Manchester Evening News. ''We feel he would be a tremendous signing. We are looking to bring in two quality second-row forwards to bolster our squad.'' Former Penrith forward Tony Puletua, who now plays for St Helens and is good mates with Pritchard, is understood to be the other second-row target. Salford have also been linked with Newcastle's Neville Costigan. But Pritchard's agent Jason Arraj has ruled out any chance of him moving to Super League, saying: ''There is no chance in hell. Salford expressed an interest, as any club would, and we told them he had signed with Canterbury.'' As for Folau, he is an ambassador of ANZ Stadium and spent Wednesday night in a corporate suite with Greenberg, St George Illawarra chief executive Peter Doust, other club officials and Manchester United players before joining the celebrations in the Queensland dressing room. Sin Bin understands he is odds-on to stay in rugby union.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/rug...on-off-mark-20130718-2q7aj.html#ixzz2ZOjjhzKM

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Says nothing on izzy except the expect lol.

While I don't expect izzy to come, i hope like hell he does. just not for benny :D

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This wouldn't happen but imagine barba at fullback and izzy on one of the wings or centre. Wow what a combination lol keep on dreaming I'm saying

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Seems like Izzy has a good relationship with the Bulldogs as a whole so if he ever does want to come back to the NRL we will most likely be front runners.

I don't blame him for not coming back yet, he is on top of the world over there right now.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
I said it long time ago on here we can't afford izzy where are all the dreamers now?

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Says nothing on izzy except the expect lol.

While I don't expect izzy to come, i hope like hell he does. just not for benny :D
I thought you said we could afford em both haha

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
A reason izzy only signs for 12 mths keeps his options open he will come back to league in next couple of years i suspect

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
The morning radio just had Gordie Tallis on it who talked to Izzy on origin night. He (Izzy) gave indications that he will return to league but I think you will find it will be after the world cup. Correct me if I'm wrong but from people on here world cup is 2014?? If so most people would probably think his plan is to do world cup then return to league 2015. This has obviously been the widely held thought of alot of people around the place and nothing really new. The good thing is atleast its starting to sort out and all the BS whatifs can start to leave us alone with regards to Izzy. What it does appear to me though is perhaps the dogs are being smart and are on the same page with him and are doing a long courtship so when he is ready to come back all the works is done and we have our man??? Pretty good if the case, why push when you have no chance and ruin your chances, play the good guy card and he will come to us......just maybe?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The morning radio just had Gordie Tallis on it who talked to Izzy on origin night. He (Izzy) gave indications that he will return to league but I think you will find it will be after the world cup. Correct me if I'm wrong but from people on here world cup is 2014?? If so most people would probably think his plan is to do world cup then return to league 2015. This has obviously been the widely held thought of alot of people around the place and nothing really new. The good thing is atleast its starting to sort out and all the BS whatifs can start to leave us alone with regards to Izzy. What it does appear to me though is perhaps the dogs are being smart and are on the same page with him and are doing a long courtship so when he is ready to come back all the works is done and we have our man??? Pretty good if the case, why push when you have no chance and ruin your chances, play the good guy card and he will come to us......just maybe?
The RWC is in 2015 brother

Status
Not open for further replies.