Pritchard and our attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malla

Reaction score
Mods merge this into another thread if need be**

Just wanted to point out how badly we have missed Pritchards direct running of late. He straightens up the attack and hits the line hard. He is in my view a much better runner of the ball than anybody else at the team. He bends the line back and really makes our edges look better.

His try he created himself by running hard, drawing and passing to Mbye who found the gap and cut back in to Tank.

He needs to start or at least play max minutes off the bench. We have really missed him.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Frankie did play well and things definitely ramped up when he was on the field. Love Frank the Tank and his commitment to the game.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If Pritchard was Tony Williams' age, he'd be worth over $1m a season in this climate to be honest.

He's just so explosive and talented. He's one of only few players in the NRL that play with power and skill.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
well i have no clue why but he's severely underrated both here and in general, hopefully we give the tank a premiership soon

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So on Pritchard... Does anyone truly believe he's on his way out?

He obviously still has a lot to offer and is under contract. I'd keep him if I were the club.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
i don't.

i remember that many were suggesting we cut him loose last year, but even if it meant signing a halfback i'd keep the tank, though that is moot because i wouldn't cut any of our forwards loose to sign a half, but especially the tank.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
i don't.

i remember that many were suggesting we cut him loose last year, but even if it meant signing a halfback i'd keep the tank, though that is moot because i wouldn't cut any of our forwards loose to sign a half, but especially the tank.
I would cut 3 forwards without hesitation, we have plenty that can do a capable job.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The try he scored was a great read! He also stayed alive and backed up. Great to see Tank get a meat pie

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Franky was fantastic yesterday ... I can't understand why he has been given so little game time this year....

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was fantastic - he turned the game around in the second half - while we were dropping in intensity (again).
Watch his vision and explosiveness from dummy half to get Mbye on the move then back up to score!

He stepped up played the house down, pretty much won it for us.

Malla

Reaction score
I just get so sick of seeing T-Rex mainly looking to pass or create something as apposed to just running straight and hard.

In my opinion I think Josh Jackson sometimes gets the ball too flat footed and this is where he can learn off Tank to just hit the ball running hard.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
TRex ALWAYS plays better on the right. They need to leave him there.

Frankie was very good last night.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
TRex ALWAYS plays better on the right. They need to leave him there.

Frankie was very good last night.

This is a tough one because Jackson is deadly down the right in combo with Lafai.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
If Pritchard was Tony Williams' age, he'd be worth over $1m a season in this climate to be honest.

He's just so explosive and talented. He's one of only few players in the NRL that play with power and skill.
Imagine frank with trexs frame

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do love having Frankie play. I think having T-Rex play those minutes is letting Des inject Frankie when he will do the most damage. I hope he isn't on the way out as he still has the skill and will to do great things for the team.

It could also be Des trying to prolong Frankies career, having him not play tired and go out and play max for 15-30 minutes a game would probably be better on his body considering the injuries he has had in the past. A lot of coaches would have played it safe and moved Frankie to the middle with all these suspensions, Panthers did this a lot when they suffered injuries and it completely killed his amazing edge running abilities and would put a lot more strain on his body even though he does have the size to play there.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He should be starting.

T-Rex must go onto the bench and prove himself again. I don't care if he play 70min. He is not threatening.
I've got to agree with you bulldogs_fan. When he does his little dance to show that he can't step off either foot he makes it easy for the defence. When he tries to offload in a tackle its turn over the ball time. He is only effective when he sticks it under his arm and hits it up; but most of the time he does that he is off a standing start.

On the other hand we have Frank Pritchard's try. He startyed it off by sending Moses through a hole then backed up on the inside to score. All I can say about that is: "IBloody terrific"!

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frankie did play well and things definitely ramped up when he was on the field. Love Frank the Tank and his commitment to the game.
I love the tank as well but i reckon we are watching his last season in nrl...just my thoughts and some noise we keep hearing but i am a huge fan of Frankie

Status
Not open for further replies.