Pride Jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh for sure..but at the heart of it all..it’s about who people love..
Tucker Carlson is playing up a populist angle in the US which attacks immigration (at least to the amounts and unrestricted), war, social welfare, government spending and the Democrats whenever they are in power... it's a grift

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Tucker Carlson is playing up a populist angle in the US which attacks immigration (at least to the amounts and unrestricted), war, social welfare, government spending and the Democrats whenever they are in power... it's a grift
Of course it's a grift.

MSM isn't facts, it's opinions and agendas. Left and right are guilty of this.

Buster007

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Completely false.

Being gay and being Christian/Muslim are not mutually exclusive. Being gay is also not a belief like religion is.

You can be a muslim and homosexual. You can be lesbian and a christian.

I guarantee you no LGBTQI+ people are against people practicing religion. In fact there would be a proportion of them that have some sort of faith.

You don't have to be atheist to be gay or show support to the community.

EDIT: I also think that the LGBTQI+ community would hold the most compassion with marginalised religions in Australia like islam. Regardless of what islam views gays as.
Haha you cannot be Muslim and gay. What yhe fuck are you smoking ?
Come to the Mosque on friday and make the point to a imam. Plesase do.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He knows his audience and plays to them..just like CNN..

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He knows his audience and plays to them..
not always, which makes Carlson a bit different (eg. where everyone mainstream in the US has pushed the pro-Ukraine angle, who outside of Tucker Carlson in the MSM has questioned America's involvement in the Ukraine War?)

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
They are oppressed already. They are being raped & killed for their religion now & are being targeted by the left as oppressors.
Not in Australia, but definitely in other parts of the world as I earlier pointed out

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The problem created by this jersey Manly have decided to put out is that the topic has become too sensitive for rationality to be applied. I think that extreme representatives on both sides are going to bring the worst examples of human behaviour out as examples of why they think their opinions are the best ones. A huge portion of people who don't enjoy the drama of arguments will just step away from the conversation.

I personally think it displays an immature mentality to object to wearing the jersey. It's not like wearing a jersey supporting inclusion harms anyone or entices someone to adopt a sexuality or lifestyle. I think the slippery slope arguments are rubbish too.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nobody is forgetting that... the difference between promotion and showing acceptance is up for debate. I don't think they are being asked to promote anything by wearing a jersey with a small rainbow detail on it. They are being asked to express support and acceptance. It's not like they are being asked to wear jerseys bearing the slogan Gay: Try it, you might like it.
It’s not just a small detail though is it.

Just like if a player wants to run out with a cross, they’ll draw it on a wrist bandage, there’s no reason why players who wish to support pride cant do the same.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not in Australia, but definitely in other parts of the world as I earlier pointed out
They are starting to be here in Australia. There were incidents in Victoria where kids in school were all told to stand up & asked several questions. Those left were deemed oppressors - the white Christian males were the ones left standing at the end.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Did you read my first post on this? I said I don't care what people do in their own homes. Have a look at what is happening in the USA with the grooming of children by this community & teachers. A law had to be introduced in Florida to stop this. And don't say that it was the don't say gay bill because that was a lie.
I'm aware of the bill. I'm also aware that it was pointed out at the time that it doesn't happen in Florida schools. It was a fear bill.

There was some incidents from a few drag queens that was definitely over the line. But if you're going to call an entire community "groomers" based on a few bad seeds then you should probably do the same for religious as there's many more paedophiles in religious organisations.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm aware of the bill. I'm also aware that it was pointed out at the time that it doesn't happen in Florida schools. It was a fear bill.

There was some incidents from a few drag queens that was definitely over the line. But if you're going to call an entire community "groomers" based on a few bad seeds then you should probably do the same for religious as there's many more paedophiles in religious organisations.
Pedos from everywhere should be condemned & charged. I'm not religious by the way.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They are starting to be here in Australia. There were incidents in Victoria where kids in school were all told to stand up & asked several questions. Those left were deemed oppressors - the white Christian males were the ones left standing at the end.

What about Israel Folau? Didn't he get whacked for his religious beliefs?

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The problem created by this jersey Manly have decided to put out is that the topic has become too sensitive for rationality to be applied. I think that extreme representatives on both sides are going to bring the worst examples of human behaviour out as examples of why they think their opinions are the best ones. A huge portion of people who don't enjoy the drama of arguments will just step away from the conversation.

I personally think it displays an immature mentality to object to wearing the jersey. It's not like wearing a jersey supporting inclusion harms anyone or entices someone to adopt a sexuality or lifestyle. I think the slippery slope arguments are rubbish too.
It doesn’t make sense to someone who isn’t a devot Catholic, just like it doesn’t make sense to someone who is on the other side.

No matter who anyone says these players are being used as symbols to promote pride. There literally is no two ways about that.

These players will be used by marketing, both at a club and league level to show support to pride. I don’t understand how that is okay if it’s not something they believe in.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't see how that equates to "being raped and murdered for their religion"

And I'm aware of the incident. I'm pretty sure the principal involved copped it really hard. He had to issue a public apology and I'm think he may have been fired.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am surprised at the open mockery of religion on here... most disappointing
Why the surprise?

TK has plenty of posts mocking race, gender, sexuality...why should religion get an exemption?

Status
Not open for further replies.