Pride Jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northern Beaches dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When that community is shown to have a higher tendency to commit self harm and suicide, precisely because they aren't shown support and love.
Why are they committing suicide?
Just because i do not support there lifestyle?
Are these players teasing, threatening, saying they should not be afforded the same opportunities, deserve bad things etc etc?
These people should be shown love etc , just as Jesus showed love to the adulterer.
He did not support her lifestyle, he protected her against the stone throwers.
Talk about a non non sequitur

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Why are they committing suicide?
Just because i do not support there lifestyle?
Are these players teasing, threatening, saying they should not be afforded the same opportunities, deserve bad things etc etc?
These people should be shown love etc , just as Jesus showed love to the adulterer.
He did not support her lifestyle, he protected her against the stone throwers.
Talk about a non non sequitur
LOL are you serious? Seriously?

You've just spent the last few pages saying you won't support them, that they are sinners, that God is against their evil ways and so they will go to hell. That a couple of rainbow lines are so much of a fuss that you won't give them that small, tiny bit of allowance.

Now times this by the many voices, such as yours, saying the same shit to them and you're saying that their lack of support is just made up?

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
Isn't the whole point of Christianity that Jesus died to free everyone from their sins?

By that argument these players are free to not want to wear it just like some are free to wear it.

No one gives a Flying F*** who is gay, who is black, who is white or who is a Lebo.
BLM is a marxists group who are violent and use violence to further it's agenda, if you don't take a knee to this extreme marxist racist group you are a racist LMFAO!

If you don't wear a rainbow jersey you are a homophobe? Please why does anyone have to wear anything they don't want to wear?
The left always use it's agenda to discriminate and intimidate people to fall into line. They always play the victim game while being the biggest offenders of racism, discrimination & Intimidation.

F*** what next? If you don't go Mardi Gra you'll get shot for being homophobic?

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Nor do I but it’s a bit bigger than any ONE opinion. Sport should be about sport NOT politics.

Look at FIFA they’ve gone down the same path but look where they’re hosting the World Cup next year.

Qatar. Money talks and I need not tell anyone their views on the subject. The hypocrisy is overwhelming.

Hence why sport and politics should never mix.
Totally get you on Qatar and the World Cup..However, unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on your point of view..politics and sport have a long association.. I mean we had the suffragette Emily Davidson in 1913, who ran on the racetrack while the Epson Derby was running and lost her life trying to disrupt the King’s horse, in an effort to get England to give women the right to vote..1936 Berlin Olympics with Jesse Owens highlighting the Nazis regime..i must note here Owens had more human rights in Nazi Germany than he had in in his own home the United States..the 1968 Olympics after the 200 meters sprint was over when African Americans medalists Tommy Smith (gold) and John Carlos (bronze) raised their fists covered by a black glove, and our Australian medalist Peter Norman, who wore a badge in solidarity with them, evoking Human Rights in US for African Americans.. We also sawSth Africa who were not allowed to participate in international sport, eg Cricket and Rugby because of their Apartheid government.. Push to today we have had the Russian athletes banned from Tennis because of the Ukraine Russian conflict..and finally I’ve left this one to last, Muhammad Ali, no other athlete, or political figure, has fused sports and politics so close together. A sportsman who was admired and revered as a sporting athlete and human rights proponent for racism both in his own country and internationally, and became universally known as the Greatest.

Sport, rightly or wrongly, has been a platform for political statements..I guess it comes down to the fact that it reaches out to so many people..and has the ability to influence them..

Northern Beaches dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL are you serious? Seriously?

You've just spent the last few pages saying you won't support them, that they are sinners, that God is against their evil ways and so they will go to hell. That a couple of rainbow lines are so much of a fuss that you won't give them that small, tiny bit of allowance.

Now times this by the many voices, such as yours, saying the same shit to them and you're saying that their lack of support is just made up?
Support?
I sit next to a gay person at work.
I talk to him like everyone else.
I respect him as much as anyone else.
We have common interests, nutrition etc
Have lunch with him.
Have a drink with him
Joke around with him.

I am a Christian and do not support his lifestyle.
Does he feel suicidal because of me? LOL

Northern Beaches dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL you only have to look at the NBA.
All there posturing yet they have close ties and links with China and keep silent on there human rights issues.

dimtrits

Waterboy
Reaction score
By that argument these players are free to not want to wear it just like some are free to wear it.

No one gives a Flying F*** who is gay, who is black, who is white or who is a Lebo.
BLM is a marxists group who are violent and use violence to further it's agenda, if you don't take a knee to this extreme marxist racist group you are a racist LMFAO!

If you don't wear a rainbow jersey you are a homophobe? Please why does anyone have to wear anything they don't want to wear?
The left always use it's agenda to discriminate and intimidate people to fall into line. They always play the victim game while being the biggest offenders of racism, discrimination & Intimidation.

F*** what next? If you don't go Mardi Gra you'll get shot for being homophobic?
I think you've missed the point.

You said who gives a flying fuck and I agree.

But these manly boys and their religious belief give a flying fuck.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm with you. I think there's a question to be asked here.

Are these players homophobic deep down? (which I very very highly doubt) and I sympathise with them that they are being labelled this way.

Or

Is their upbringing through religion disabled their ability to formulate a 21st century opinion on the world? Where everything is based on religion and 'wisdom' their priests, leaders etc instil on them.

If someone is telling you this is the way to live your whole life. That is sadly what you end up believing.

I'm a Christian, but going to heaven or hell, or people's sexual orientation has no bearing on the life I live. I'm sure that is also the case with a lot of Christians
I definitely think it's the latter. Strong religious upbringing instills it in them. It reminds me of when Folau considered apologising and several prominent members of his church warned him not to apologise.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

They handled it well. They didn't come out and make a big deal or demand that the club not use the jersey. They just stood down.

If it's ok to have a gay jersey to support gays, it's ok for players to not partake in wearing it.

People are quick to label them bigots but are bigots themselves against religious people.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I assume they won’t play on Sundays from now on then…

Lets call a spade a spade they are against these issues when they want to. Playing on Sunday is worse than a few stripes on a jersey

dimtrits

Waterboy
Reaction score
I definitely think it's the latter. Strong religious upbringing instills it in them. It reminds me of when Folau considered apologising and several prominent members of his church warned him not to apologise.
They handled it well. They didn't come out and make a big deal or demand that the club not use the jersey. They just stood down.

If it's ok to have a gay jersey to support gays, it's ok for players to not partake in wearing it.

People are quick to label them bigots but are bigots themselves against religious people.
I agree with both. I don't think they are bigots. They've just done what they believe is right.

But that doesn't take away from the fact that not every Christian thinks that way. It's more of a reflection of a homophobic undertone in how they've been brought up through religion.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Just wondering how Pacifica and other religious families handle the personal situation of relatives/siblings, if they are gay family members.

Are these brothers, sisters, cousins etc in religious families shunned, accepted for their sinful lifestyle, or who they, or are they ignored, looked down on and judged and how do families cope if these family members commit suicide because they are cast out and not accepted by their families?

Never encountered it in my family and just wondering on the actual situation of dealing with it day to day for both sides.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Support?
Have lunch with him.
Have a drink with him
Joke around with him.

This isn't the defence you think it is. It's the famous "I can't be racist because I have a black friend" defence, look it up.

Anyways, as I've repeatedly said, object to homosexuality, I'm not saying don't. It's a sin in your religion, fine, fair, I'm not saying anything against that (even though I disagree with it). All I'm saying is show them support as humans.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Support?
Have lunch with him.
Have a drink with him
Joke around with him.

Very quickly, I KNOW we have gay supporters on this forum, and lets just say the BS they read when the SSM plebiscite was going on and the thread in this forum, they weren't happy with things that were said.

I'm not going to out anyone but I think people should be aware that we have LGBQT on this forum and they aren't comfortable (from previous experience in the SSM plebiscite thread) with some of the things said

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I agree with both. I don't think they are bigots. They've just done what they believe is right.

But that doesn't take away from the fact that not every Christian thinks that way. It's more of a reflection of a homophobic undertone in how they've been brought up through religion.
I am religious, I find male gay sex disgusting (as all straight males do), I really don't care who is gay or not.

I'm a sinner and rather focus on my sins than point out others the

PS at the end of the day, I don't care what any human thinks of me, I'm not here to impress humans. My mission is to impress my God.

Status
Not open for further replies.