Pride Jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As I said, marketing. Is your solution that people shouldn't be allowed to do stuff that makes them money? Do you also criticise when they do indigenous rounds?
it’s simple. Keep politics out your effen mouth lol. Not but seriously it is that simple, keep the politics out of the game. You want inclusion but having a certain political agenda pushed, creates exclusion. Keeping politics out let’s everyone get along and worry about discriminating the other teams mascot and the team as a footy team. Don’t you remember the good ol days ffs? All it was, was a good hatred of the other fucking team and everyone worried about just footy, no dam woke nonesense

Downtowndog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's marketing to the most part. It's an excuse to sell another piece of clothing, and it draws more people to the game. It also supports people who do still yet vilified for being who they are. But mainly it's for marketing purposes.
They dont get vilified at all....

It's the christians, muslims, hindus, straight people who get vilified as we never have our own big day out where we stop the entire traffic in the CBD and dance on national TV

aren't the majority of high court judges abcd? Are they vilified? Is Penny Wong vilified?

Why not just let it function in the mainstream like all other sexualalities and just shut the fuck up

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
it’s simple. Keep politics out your effen mouth lol. Not but seriously it is that simple, keep the politics out of the game. You want inclusion but having a certain political agenda pushed, creates exclusion. Keeping politics out let’s everyone get along and worry about discriminating the other teams mascot and the team as a footy team. Don’t you remember the good ol days ffs? All it was, was a good hatred of the other fucking team and everyone worried about just footy, no dam woke nonesense
I covered that earlier in the discussion. Problem is that it's being pushed so hard now that if you don't do it then you become the bad guy and get cancelled. For a sport that's already struggling, that ain't going to work well.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
That's how you see it, it's no different to how those players from Manly having their views. You want people to accept your stance but your not willing to accept theirs.
Nah, he's right. Gay people exist. Kind of hard to argue against that.

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
That's how you see it, it's no different to how those players from Manly having their views. You want people to accept your stance but your not willing to accept theirs.
They oppose wearing rainbow stripes in support of a community yet line up with women bashers. Let that sink in

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
They dont get vilified at all....

It's the christians, muslims, hindus, straight people who get vilified as we never have our own big day out where we stop the entire traffic in the CBD and dance on national TV

aren't the majority of high court judges abcd? Are they vilified? Is Penny Wong vilified?

Why not just let it function in the mainstream like all other sexualalities and just shut the fuck up
I literally had to delete a heap of posts in here attacking homosexuals, people calling them every homophobic slur there is.

As I pointed out at the time. Homosexuality is well accepted in Australia. But that's thanks to efforts of acceptance. It wasn't long ago that homosexuality was banned in Queensland, and people thought calling someone a bundle of sticks was the funniest insult there was. Gay marriage only became law a few years back.

Fortunately we have progressed. But there are still people who won't accept them. That's what this stuff is for.

Not the Manly thing though. That's not so much acceptance. That's just money.

QLDdogsfan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You know what instead of all the Pride stuff how about clubs support stuff like Ronald McDonald house, the Morcombe foundation, Make a wish foundation, Autism awareness, honestly the list goes on why dont they wear there logos on the jersey the work those people do is incredible. Not one player would argue that. Leave political shit out of league it will never work what did they expect.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Im not against politics in sport but you can't force people to support a cause which goes against their beliefs.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You know what instead of all the Pride stuff how about clubs support stuff like Ronald McDonald house, the Morcombe foundation, Make a wish foundation, Autism awareness, honestly the list goes on why dont they wear there logos on the jersey the work those people do is incredible. Not one player would argue that. Leave political shit out of league it will never work what did they expect.
They do. No one gets upset when they wear charities but quite often they do. They also constantly work for charities and auction stuff off for charity. No one gets upset until it becomes about something they don't like.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The 7 players not playing is exactly like aboriginals not singing the anthem.

If they don't want to sing it, that's fine. If they don't want to play, then that's fine too.

You can't pick and choose which group gets away with what.

QLDdogsfan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
They do. No one gets upset when they wear charities but quite often they do. They also constantly work for charities and auction stuff off for charity. No one gets upset until it becomes about something they don't like.
Thats my point nobodys gunna get upset or offended if they support those things. To me it's just like what are they even promoting who cares if some blokes like blokes or some chick's like chick's or some blokes wanna be chick's I couldn't give a fuck were all human. I just think all the attention it gets could be directed at far better causes

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The whole situation is a shitshow. Typical from the most unprofessional sport in the world.
Don’t think they really had a choice. They fucked it up not consulting all the players. When the team is selected it will be obvious and with betting on these games and the rules around team announcements tomorrow afternoon it would be known anyway. Manly put those players in a very difficult situation, very poor. Whoever thought it was smart to announce before they had polled all their players needs to fall on his sword.

Burt Matton

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ahh, theres nothing like promoting women with dicks and pregnant men. I mean it’s normal after all yeah? If my daughter came home one day and said she wanted to cut her tits off, take testosterone to make her voice more “Manly” and sew on a dick where her vagina used to be I’d be all sweet with that. And I’m guessing the same would go for everyone here that supports this promotion too? After all we can’t be seen to be discriminatory hypocrites can we. And if you think that’s a bit far fetched then put your head back in the sand because hey, ignorance is bliss after all.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ahh, theres nothing like promoting women with dicks and pregnant men. I mean it’s normal after all yeah? If my daughter came home one day and said she wanted to cut her tits off, take testosterone to make her voice more “Manly” and sew on a dick where her vagina used to be I’d be all sweet with that. And I’m guessing the same would go for everyone here that supports this promotion too? After all we can’t be seen to be discriminatory hypocrites can we. And if you think that’s a bit far fetched then put your head back in the sand because hey, ignorance is bliss after all.
i laugh but you’re 100% right

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think there is big misunderstanding of Pasifika culture. We are from large families and connected to communities which are faith based - 99% Christian. It is a big deal to make a pro gay statement, even if you don't really care either way. This would be seen as disrespectful to parents and the community. In saying that there is a huge amount of accepted gay people in our communities too. This will be a media shit storm and derail Manly season

Mrbulldogs89

Waterboy
Reaction score
How unprofessional by the manly club goes ahead and plans new pride jerseys without speaking to all the players
Now that 7 don’t want to wear it and won’t play the media and people have turned on these players
manly has literally thrown them under the bus!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.