News Price Cut: Axe Hovers Over Bulldogs Icon

DogzPride

Waterboy
Reaction score
I think keeping with the three year membership rule keeps it honest & stops the corrupt mate staking from happening. ANYONE got ANY info on when we will be told who our new Chairman is ? & when we will know who has filled the other seats, surely it has to be their Number 1 priority at the moment.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree ...but the principle of having non voting directors parachuting into the position goes against the 3 year rule that everyone is so anxious to maintain.

It's a tough one to sort out. But we probably should be looking at other sporting clubs etc, or bring in experts, to try and find a better way to both protect the club and still get the best people available.
This is a pretty unique situation though as normally the members would get voted on so I doubt the constitution had this scenario happening when it was written. I could be wrong but I doubt there’s ever been 3 positions to fill including the chair. I think we are stuck with the pool of 1100 now as there’s no way they could amend the by laws as quickly as they would need to.

DogzPride

Waterboy
Reaction score
i would like to know why we havnt heard from this halfwit John Karanikolas not that i want to see it get its 15 minutes of fame but I'm sure he isnt a happy camper as their little plan backfired bigtime. I think if he tries to get voted in at our next elections, hes going to face some real backlash for dragging our club through the shit these past couple of weeks.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree ...but the principle of having non voting directors parachuting into the position goes against the 3 year rule that everyone is so anxious to maintain.

It's a tough one to sort out. But we probably should be looking at other sporting clubs etc, or bring in experts, to try and find a better way to both protect the club and still get the best people available.
The 3 year wait is not unusual, StGeorge for example also has 3 years. They of course made the big mistake of having the Leagues Club directors appoint the Football Club directors. The great man was too smart for that.

Go Dogs

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The chairperson or board don't even get a salary let alone $200k.

The club has operated under these by laws for decades and even if they buy 100 memberships they still have to go to a EGM.

What happened this past week is very much the exception rather then the norm so I wouldn't be changing too much.

Maybe change the percentage of signatures to force a EGM to 20%-25% but that would be about it.
Just curious, when was the last time a letter was submitted to force an EGM?

El Mag-Nick

Waterboy
Reaction score
For those who question my oil. What you going to say when he's gone by the end of October ?

'Nasheed you just got lucky AGAIN for the 5th time in a row'
Personally I’d probably just say “Nasheed you must have been reading the paper” given that you are commenting on a thread about an article about Price being on the way out saying that “my oil says price is on the way out”

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It’s all guessing at the end of the day in saying that it’s strange they stood down without a fight.
Why is it strange ? It’s a non paying job that you get a lot of shit to do. Fuck doing it if other idiots want to have a crack and think they can do better for free.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why is it strange ? It’s a non paying job that you get a lot of shit to do. Fuck doing it if other idiots want to have a crack and think they can do better for free.
Have seen people stand down from positions for exactly this reason, many times. Have been one of them.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It comes with the position and they had a pretty easy run blaming the former board and buckle as soon as they got a bit of heat.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Look at the roosters!
Make it a percentage type.
20% large Corp end =2
60% sponsees current. =4
10% past player =1
And final one the CEO
That way big end town in. Sponsorship feel included. Player from past a legend like Turvey or Baa. Who’s whole heart is the club.
CEO as self explains. They have to deliver on the boards goals they set.
more important it has buy in at all levels

Matilida

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Price showed no respect for long term players telling them to clear out their lockers before the last game. This tells me he knows nothing and man management and should get the boot immediately.

mixa79

Waterboy
Reaction score
Bulldogs board saga: Club legend Steve Price latest in firing line

Canterbury legend and current general manager of football, Steve Price, is under pressure to survive at Belmore after three under-fire directors resigned from the football club board.

The Bulldogs’ long-threatened extraordinary general meeting has now been abandoned after chair Lynne Anderson and directors Paul Dunn and John Ballesty stood down on Wednesday morning.

Anderson was a staunch supporter of Price and a change in direction at board level has his position under scrutiny.

Price has as many supporters as he does enemies at Belmore with meetings to discuss his future set down for Friday.

Powerbrokers at the club are sceptical about Price continuing in his role at the club where he won premierships in 1995 and 2004.

Resigning would have been a crushing blow for Anderson, wife of legendary Canterbury player and coach Chris Anderson, and daughter of Bulldogs godfather Peter Moore.

A rebel members group who wanted to oust the three secured the required 100 signatures to force the EGM. Aware they might not have the numbers to survive, Anderson, Dunn and Ballesty informed club CEO Andrew Hill of their resignation.

The remaining four football club directors — Joe Thomas, Peter Mortimer, John Khoury and Adrian Turner — will now appoint the three replacements. A Sydney corporate high-flyer is already being discussed.

Given club greats Mortimer and Thomas are on the board, there is a feeling the three new directors should come from the business sector, not be former players.

It is clear Anderson, Ballesty and Dunn accepted discreet advice from club insiders about their chances of surviving.

Club management has been informing sponsors of the developments.

Well-placed football club member, Bill Diakos, warned of a potential EGM a month ago when meeting with Dunn and Ballesty over an investigation into the behaviour of Leagues Club chairman, George Coorey.

The football club initiated the investigation and succeeded in pushing for Coorey’s removal as chairman despite being told of a possible EGM if they did by Diakos. The resignations now place Coorey and his backers into a more powerful position.

The decision of Anderson, Dunn and Ballesty also gives club officials fresh hope that new coach Trent Barrett can arrive in a more settled environment. It is unknown whether Dunn and Ballesty will remain on the Canterbury Leagues Club board. Dunn is chairman.

In a letter to members, Anderson wrote: “Whilst standing down means that I and two of my fellow directors, John Ballesty and Paul Dunn, won’t be around to finish the job we started, we will always put the interests of the club before our own.

“We made no secret of the fact we inherited some challenges, the most pressing being how to ensure we could field a competitive roster with the salary cap debacle that handicapped retention and recruitment plans for several years.

“I acknowledge there have been challenges and mistakes along the way, we are always learning. Things rarely run perfectly in professional sporting organisations, and the behind the scenes wins are not greeted with as much interest as the problems.

“We always said it was going to take some time to turn the corner – that it would not be until 2021 that we would be in control of our destiny. I’m proud to say that has been achieved.”

The letter ended with: “Always proud to be a Bulldog.”
Steve price proved he is a piece of shit. The way he handled the departures of players at end of season was disgraceful to say the least please give him the boot

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Steve price proved he is a piece of shit. The way he handled the departures of players at end of season was disgraceful to say the least please give him the boot
Mate he's gone
Do you really think the new Lebanese management are going to overrule the specific wish of Jackson and okenbor on behalf of the playing group to protect some Aussie linked to the Anderson board who has autistic tendencies?

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mate he's gone
Do you really think the new Lebanese management are going to overrule the specific wish of Jackson and okenbor on behalf of the playing group to protect some Aussie linked to the Anderson board who has autistic tendencies?
What exactly are ‘autistic tendencies’ you fucking knob jockey ??
And why are you using that term in a negative context
You will get your ass kicked one day and my bet is everyone would just watch and enjoy

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well that pile of misery feels vindicated now that change has taken place.
Keeping the bastards honest and asking the hard questions, nothing wrong with that now is there old mate?
Thanks for the endorsement Big Ted!
That’s where I’ve been going wrong on job applications though - you as a referee. Feedback: ‘Oh, that pile of misery’...we’d rather not call. :-).

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
What exactly are ‘autistic tendencies’ you fucking knob jockey ??
And why are you using that term in a negative context
You will get your ass kicked one day and my bet is everyone would just watch and enjoy
Autism is a disease. People are born with it or there wear some environment factors that influence it like diet and adverse vaccines. Google it. I'm not bothered going medical on a footy forum at this time of night.

There is however a sub autism condition called 'aspergers'. Basically means you can be smart, normal, but an absolute space cadet at reading the room. Can't gauge emotions, understand social cues etc. real clueless shit. I have relatives that have it and they are lol, but are largely well functioning people.
This feels to me how Price be, form what I've heard.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Well that pile of misery feels vindicated now that change has taken place.
Keeping the bastards honest and asking the hard questions, nothing wrong with that now is there old mate?
So pleased for you Ted.
I still don’t believe the disruption was necessary at this time irrespective of ‘the hard questions’ - but what’s done is done and we go forward.

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Autism is a disease. People are born with it or there wear some environment factors that influence it like diet and adverse vaccines. Google it. I'm not bothered going medical on a footy forum at this time of night.

There is however a sub autism condition called 'aspergers'. Basically means you can be smart, normal, but an absolute space cadet at reading the room. Can't gauge emotions, understand social cues etc. real clueless shit. I have relatives that have it and they are lol, but are largely well functioning people.
This feels to me how Price be, form what I've heard.
Google it..lol
I have 2 brothers that are both autistic and one has Aspergers as well..
I don’t give a fuck if you know the meaning or not..you used the terminology in a negative context and there is nothing negative about either of my brothers..
If there is anyone here that is a ‘Space Cadet’ it’s you Nasheed..thinking that any of us give a shit about your ‘YO YO YO’ grammar or your bullshit opinions and ‘good oil’..
Go and jizz on your keyboard on the Rabbits sites little boy