Preston 2-3 weeks

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We get these b.s. ref calls because the club does nothing to stand up for its players. It's been like this since that bitch threw Graham under the bus. Laundy, Gus, CC, Khoury, or a high-ranking club official need to come out and call out the refs. It's worked wonders for the Warriors and Cowboys, and yet the club continues to play "Mr nice guy."

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not swing down on the limb look he doesn’t mean it but imagine if someone did that to Kikau or whoever it is from our side. He’s actually fairly lucky it’s only 2-3 considering Hastings is out for a few weeks himself. If I were Preston I’d look at someone like Yeo does when tackling. Always makes sure he goes to the side
They are now saying that Hastings might play this weekend ....

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are now saying that Hastings might play this weekend ....
It doesn’t make the act any better it’s blind luck he hasn’t wrecked his ankle it’s not an act we need in the game whether it’s a Dogs player or a Penrith one.

Hastings won’t play anyway

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not swing down on the limb look he doesn’t mean it but imagine if someone did that to Kikau or whoever it is from our side. He’s actually fairly lucky it’s only 2-3 considering Hastings is out for a few weeks himself. If I were Preston I’d look at someone like Yeo does when tackling. Always makes sure he goes to the side
With all due respect, this is cope. It's rationalising something which is just chaotic.

I have to defend Preston heavy here, because this narrative will be pushed now in the media, and is a thinking trap.

And I say this because, and I don't know why... I have to stop watching Fox, there isn't a Dogs game where they will say the same thing they say about another team "he's been desparately unlucky". It's always emphatic "yep, that's a professional foul", "that's a hip drop". I think there's a culture at Fox, where they all automatically "group think" based off of a now enmity with Gus Gould. Though it did seem to predate his return also.

There is nothing wrong with Preston's tackling style. He's just been unlucky that players have lost their legs and been injured.

The NRL really have gone too far with this tackle interpretation. It was pretty clear what the problem was. It was dropping your weight on a tackler, to bring them down from anywhere even slightly behind them. I understand them wanting to react to injuries... it can't be helped, because we're all now stuck with this mindset of "well... he hurt him, so something has to happen".

But the fact that they give the double whammy is what's rough. Why the fuck is he being charged? There is absolutely no need for the double whammy. We had the sinbin, and you keep ratcheting with the enforcement by widening the "match review" version of the interpretation each week, it just ruins the game.

It's easy to just look at Yeo, because he's "elite". But that chaos could befall him. It's just that, perhaps owing to his relative size he is a bit better at knocking the player back, not just sideways. But he also can just back out often because his defensive line is trustworthy, etc.

Mark my words, a narrative will form soon. And we will lose him because the opportunists will make it unpalatable for us to keep Preston.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With all due respect, this is cope. It's rationalising something which is just chaotic.

I have to defend Preston heavy here, because this narrative will be pushed now in the media, and is a thinking trap.

And I say this because, and I don't know why... I have to stop watching Fox, there isn't a Dogs game where they will say the same thing they say about another team "he's been desparately unlucky". It's always emphatic "yep, that's a professional foul", "that's a hip drop". I think there's a culture at Fox, where they all automatically "group think" based off of a now enmity with Gus Gould. Though it did seem to predate his return also.

There is nothing wrong with Preston's tackling style. He's just been unlucky that players have lost their legs and been injured.

The NRL really have gone too far with this tackle interpretation. It was pretty clear what the problem was. It was dropping your weight on a tackler, to bring them down from anywhere even slightly behind them. I understand them wanting to react to injuries... it can't be helped, because we're all now stuck with this mindset of "well... he hurt him, so something has to happen".

But the fact that they give the double whammy is what's rough. Why the fuck is he being charged? There is absolutely no need for the double whammy. We had the sinbin, and you keep ratcheting with the enforcement by widening the "match review" version of the interpretation each week, it just ruins the game.

It's easy to just look at Yeo, because he's "elite". But that chaos could befall him. It's just that, perhaps owing to his relative size he is a bit better at knocking the player back, not just sideways. But he also can just back out often because his defensive line is trustworthy, etc.

Mark my words, a narrative will form soon. And we will lose him because the opportunists will make it unpalatable for us to keep Preston.
Problem is it’s not 1988 anymore and players have short careers as it is. I hated it when JAC was taken out by a tackle. Similarly other clubs would hate it when our players do it.

End of the day whether you are our captain or a young player you need to ensure your tackling technique is good but it’s safe for all involved. Footy is hard enough without having blokes hip drop your legs. They have been consistent with charging players all season and players have got better unfortunately Preston got it wrong it’s okay he’s young

Doggfather

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It was a classic hip drop, even blind Freddie could see it.

preston is lucky if he gets away with two weeks.

Hopefully Critta can teach our puppies how to properly tackle and snap players in half.