Preston 2-3 weeks

RobT

Mass debator
Reaction score
Jacob Preston facing two-game suspension for hip drop
Bulldogs back-rower Jacob Preston will miss at least two games for a hip drop on Jackson Hastings following the side's Round 24 loss to Newcastle.

The rookie forward was sin-binned for the tackle, which left Hastings with an injured ankle, and will spend a fortnight on the sidelines with an early guilty plea after being hit with a grade three dangerous contact charge. Will face three weeks if unsuccessfully challenged.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Jacob Preston facing two-game suspension for hip drop
Bulldogs back-rower Jacob Preston will miss at least two games for a hip drop on Jackson Hastings following the side's Round 24 loss to Newcastle.

The rookie forward was sin-binned for the tackle, which left Hastings with an injured ankle, and will spend a fortnight on the sidelines with an early guilty plea after being hit with a grade three dangerous contact charge. Will face three weeks if unsuccessfully challenged.
For a textbook rugby league tackle.. this game is dead to me

Bitemarks

mmm tasty ear
Reaction score
Till they rewared around the ankle tackles this will continue to be an issue, cause plaeys will hold around the hips and stuff like this will happen, but finding more gambling avenues is far more inportant.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Game will be dead in less than 5 years
The comp might not die but plenty are losing interest in it and that's just the same.

Add to that how divided the teams are in quality, you have the top couple of teams and the rest fill the void.

This season has been so boring that I'm finding other things to do other than watch games not involing the dogs more frequently and thats a first for me since I can remember and they want to add more teams to the comp and take it to the U.S for them mega bucks.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Looked an accidental hip drop under the inconsistent guidelines they've used this year unfortunately.

If you play for a fav team you probably don't get charged but hey we know the outcome already.

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
People are sleeping on this, but the two unfortunate incidents being interpreted at "hip drops" are going to, if not already, blight his career.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Looked an accidental hip drop under the inconsistent guidelines they've used this year unfortunately.

If you play for a fav team you probably don't get charged but hey we know the outcome already.
In my opinion there was zero intention to do anything except tackle the dude. He came in from the side and unfortunately landed on the ankle. 1 in a thousand tackles like this might result in injury. The refereeing is so reactionary these days that they'll let go the 999 and the one that ends in injury through bad luck is then seen as foul play.

It'll be touch football soon enough if they keep finding new ways to penalise stupid shit. Preston shouldn't have even been sent for 10 minutes. But they'll suspend him so they can justify the weak as piss sin binning.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Was always going to cop it under the current rules because this is quite clearly what they consider a hipdrop.
Fuck ‘em, this is not the game I wanna watch… thank god premier league started.. less bullshit in that sport

jordansaba

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
what’d they want him to do in that tackle? there is literally no other outcome from that tackle other than for him to let go and them break through the line. the fuckin game is so shit these days with all the soft **** referees

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Fuck ‘em, this is not the game I wanna watch… thank god premier league started.. less bullshit in that sport
Less bs? Like a blatant penalty last night not being awarded? :tearsofjoy:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
In my opinion there was zero intention to do anything except tackle the dude. He came in from the side and unfortunately landed on the ankle. 1 in a thousand tackles like this might result in injury. The refereeing is so reactionary these days that they'll let go the 999 and the one that ends in injury through bad luck is then seen as foul play.

It'll be touch football soon enough if they keep finding new ways to penalise stupid shit. Preston shouldn't have even been sent for 10 minutes. But they'll suspend him so they can justify the weak as piss sin binning.
Def no intention but he ended up dragging him down from behind/side. If any of his lazy team mates had effectively helped out it wouldnt have happened.

These hip drops are a rort with who they charge and who they don't.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
what’d they want him to do in that tackle? there is literally no other outcome from that tackle other than for him to let go and them break through the line. the fuckin game is so shit these days with all the soft **** referees
At some point fans will reach breaking point and leave for good.. the Nrl better be careful