News Pressure mounting on Bulldogs coach Cameron Ciraldo from familiar source

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
He obviously isn’t wrong in regards to Goulds history.

In regards to Ciraldo, it remains to be seen.

He himself is basically saying he is taking shit, so why get so upset about it.
I agree I don’t know why peopel are getting upset when half the kennel are saying the same stuff.
They just don’t seem to like journalists echoing our sentiments

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree I don’t know why peopel are getting upset when half the kennel are saying the same stuff.
They just don’t seem to like journalists echoing our sentiments
For once I agree with you. Members constantly shit all over our team, but as soon as a journo does it, look out. It’s almost like they feel that when journos put it in print they are making it happen. It’s bizarre

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Ciraldo will be protected by Gould for at least this season and next. After that is anyone's guess.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For once I agree with you. Members constantly shit all over our team, but as soon as a journo does it, look out. It’s almost like they feel that when journos put it in print they are making it happen. It’s bizarre
Nope … it’s like family, we Bulldogs family can put shit on our own, but as soon as outsiders try it on we fight hard and stick up for our own ..

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nope … it’s like family, we Bulldogs family can put shit on our own, but as soon as outsiders try it on we fight hard and stick up for our own ..
So if Eldridge has an account here under a name like Edogg he says the same thing and gets fiddy likes

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Blah blah blah I didn't read it. Typical media with the knives out trying to cause instability. As much as I dislike CC tactics, the forwards are shit.
Didn't read this bullshit either, blahfnblah indeed.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gus is aiming for us to be competitive in years 25/26 and won't do anything drastic until then imo.
And so he shouldnt...

Its not like we arent buying players and making great moves if diffrent areas. If anything the signings have been those that most teams could only dream of...

Kikz, Crighton, Xerri, Presto, Wilso and Mahoney were great grabs, resigning Burto was good work and TPJ to a certain degree rather we need more forwards to compliment him.

If its a matter of timing to sign the right players then better to wait rather than blow our cap again and go backwards.

In saying that we need 3-4 NRL standard cheapies like Sele, Seyfarth, Taafe and wait for another big fish be it Tino/Haas or the likes... Its not like its impossible.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Written by Dane Eldridge

The spotlight has intensified on Bulldogs coach Cameron Ciraldo in recent weeks - and there’s a big reason why he should consider himself far from safe.

COMMENT
The Canterbury Bulldogs defence has sunk so low it makes the Dean Pay era look like multi-factor authentication.
And with a terrifying fixture looming against a full-strength Penrith on Sunday afternoon, pleas for “a couple of years” grace are looking like they’ll barely cover the legal proceedings.

Canterbury’s slump has poured immense pressure on Cameron Ciraldo, the rookie coach who arrived with plenty of promise only to find himself issuing weekly apologies for floggings and Tevita Pangai Jr.

The spotlight has gradually intensified in recent months to a crescendo after the catastrophic 66-0 defeat to Newcastle, a result which compelled club supremo Phil Gould to beg patience for the coach, which referred to the actual coach, not himself.

But while it’s one thing for Gould to convince fans and media to extend Ciraldo’s honeymoon, will it be enough to convince the two men who matter most?

That’s Gould himself, and his alter-ego with the bloodlust for feuds and payouts.

Gould’s bombshell news that the Dogs recovery is “years away” sent shockwaves through everyone except Canterbury fans, a hardy bunch who’ve conditioned themselves with controlled crying and an unironic yearning for Josh Jackson.

To the untrained eye, his grave declaration appeared like he was furiously waving the pirates away from Ciraldo with a flame torch but to the rest of us, we knew what lay beneath.

Based on the general manager’s history of public backings, pirates are the last thing Ciraldo should be worried about, because there’s one adjacent to him across the hall.

That’s because whether via vendettas or peculiarities, Gould has fired coaches for much less than a few missed tackles.

He terminated Anthony Griffin from the top four, punted Ivan Cleary for looking “tired”, then assured Trent Barrett he would be at the Bulldogs “long after I’m gone” before frogmarching him in the same breath.

You could even argue he’s already engraving Ciraldo’s tombstone.

When Gould admitted he urged the coach to arrive in 2024 instead of 2023, some interpreted this as benevolent dictatorship or another one of his “I told you so” hindsight jobs.

But in actual fact, he was just fantasising about sacking him this year.

Yep, whether he’s the Archbishop of Canterbury after a win or a distant media figure after a loss, Gould can make things go away whatever persona he adopts.

If there’s a coach in rugby league who’s worked alongside Gould, he’s toe-tagged it on the telly and stuffed the corpse’s pockets with a lump sum.

In fact, there’s only one person he hasn’t sacked and that’s himself - purely because he’s too slippery to nail.

They say there’s no more elusive target in rugby league than Gould. There’s a reason he’s so slim, and that’s because he never eats his own words.

Take for example his well-ventilated plan to restore Canterbury.

Gould has trumpeted his intentions to heal the Dogs by developing local juniors, which he then sought to achieve by luring half of Penrith’s premiership side.

He then begged for three more years when this failed to bear fruit, by which time all will probably be playing elsewhere while still on the Dogs payroll, much like his famous ‘pathways’ that often lead to the Gold Coast.

If Ciraldo continues to oversee a Bulldogs side with the creamy middle of a dashboard Caramello Koala, he could be the latest piece of debris in Gould’s crowded wake.

It could also result in a salient lesson for rival clubs: hyped assistant coaches from Penrith may only be effective in Origin or New Zealand.
Ripper piece.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why aren’t the journos writing sh!t about the diabolical Roosters, can’t get in the 8 with a 15M salary cap ffs.
Oh don't worry they will....
It's just that the Roosters are still only 1 or 2 wins from top 8 and they are not wanting to jump the gun and write them off yet

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Dane Eldridge for first Australian president

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fair dinkum...I consider myself a lady but I really want to say some unladylike things about this article.

Let's be real...no one except we supporters of this club give a flying #$@% about the woes of said club. Articles like this are just a way in which those who don't give a shit put the boot in under the guise of a 'brilliant media release' :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:designed to make our suffering more intense.
If this was a club like Penrith or the Broncos, nothing like this would be written.
I feel we have just as proud a past as those aforementioned clubs and simply because they are now the darlings of the league ( something we have never been) you won't get shit articles like the one we have just read.

It makes me really cranky, yeah ,a bit because we are doing so poorly , but more so because the tone of articles written about us over the last few years just want to put the boot in and make those who read them feel that that is the way it should be.

Thanks to some simply mind boggling decisions by past administrators and coaches we will take a lot longer to recover and I for one had come around to that way of thinking. I will be fuming for years to come over the Has been years where the focus was a quick premiership result without the backup of a solid group of replacement players who would be able to step up to cover for the absence of the main playing roster,. No decent NSW cup and Flegg, cheap bargain basement reserves who were signed because they were cheap but could not translate to solid first grade replacements. Getting rid of players who now are going gang busters at other club

I wonder...will we see articles along these lines at the Titans after Hasler has had a few years to undermine their club?

At least, for whatever weaknesses our current group in charge have, we are seeing some promising youngsters coming through. Results have not been good, some are downright embarrassing but it will take a while yet to dig ourselves out of the hole we have fallen into. Until then however we will continue to see these types of articles.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Fair dinkum...I consider myself a lady but I really want to say some unladylike things about this article.

Let's be real...no one except we supporters of this club give a flying #$@% about the woes of said club. Articles like this are just a way in which those who don't give a shit put the boot in under the guise of a 'brilliant media release' :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:designed to make our suffering more intense.
If this was a club like Penrith or the Broncos, nothing like this would be written.
I feel we have just as proud a past as those aforementioned clubs and simply because they are now the darlings of the league ( something we have never been) you won't get shit articles like the one we have just read.

It makes me really cranky, yeah ,a bit because we are doing so poorly , but more so because the tone of articles written about us over the last few years just want to put the boot in and make those who read them feel that that is the way it should be.

Thanks to some simply mind boggling decisions by past administrators and coaches we will take a lot longer to recover and I for one had come around to that way of thinking. I will be fuming for years to come over the Has been years where the focus was a quick premiership result without the backup of a solid group of replacement players who would be able to step up to cover for the absence of the main playing roster,. No decent NSW cup and Flegg, cheap bargain basement reserves who were signed because they were cheap but could not translate to solid first grade replacements. Getting rid of players who now are going gang busters at other club

I wonder...will we see articles along these lines at the Titans after Hasler has had a few years to undermine their club?

At least, for whatever weaknesses our current group in charge have, we are seeing some promising youngsters coming through. Results have not been good, some are downright embarrassing but it will take a while yet to dig ourselves out of the hole we have fallen into. Until then however we will continue to see these types of articles.
I took it in large part just more of the Murdoch press (news.com.au) pile on of Gould and therefore tarring us in the same vein by association, with this particular article.

It's all agenda driven. They are delirious with power and got 2 of their favourite targets in their sites....Gould and Bulldogs. These gossip hounds and haters probably feel it can't get any better for their destabilising agenda against us and Gould.

Gus has said a lot recently about their agenda against him and so they will go harder after him to try and put him in the worst light possible. It's their go to MO with anybody who challenges their influence and power.

Fox/Murdoch have paid millions and milions of dollars to televise the game yet are the worst at dragging the game down \_(ツ)_/¯.

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Article written by Dane Eldridge who is a warped cynic yearning for the glory days of rugby league, a time when the sponges were magic and the Mondays were mad.

He’s never strapped on a boot in his life, and as such, should be taken with a grain of salt.