Presser

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Have to be impressed with the responses in the presser from CC and Reed, we’ve got a great captain and coach right there - genuine passion and desire for this club to succeed.

We’ve had a horrible run of injuries and bad luck, with a fully fit team, we’re probably 5-2 instead of 3-4.

under_Dogz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Have to be impressed with the responses in the presser from CC and Reed, we’ve got a great captain and coach right there - genuine passion and desire for this club to succeed.

We’ve had a horrible run of injuries and bad luck, with a fully fit team, we’re probably 5-2 instead of 3-4.
I’m always impressed with what CC has to say. Only negative I have with Reed is that as captain when we lose he appears way to down and depressed.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah they say all the right shit. Barrett did the same for years. Wish our footy training was as effective as our media training
Barrett regurgitated “they’re trying hard” and “green shoots” - CC is holding them more to account and he’s improving them every week - as hard as it is to see after a 30-4 scoreline, they defended extremely well under the circumstances. We didn’t handle the reshuffles well vs South’s but this week we did a much better job.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’m always impressed with what CC has to say. Only negative I have with Reed is that as captain when we lose he appears way to down and depressed.
Reed’s a winner, and I don’t mind that he’s down or depressed, for mine, it only shows he cares…his words were actually quite positive - his demeanour is just that he cares and takes responsibility as captain

under_Dogz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah they say all the right shit. Barrett did the same for years. Wish our footy training was as effective as our media training
No comparison listening to Barrett and CC at pressers especially after a loss. Barrett would look for every excuse he could find due to always being in denial. CC knows how to remain calm and composed whether it’s a win or a loss.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do want Reed to pass the ball more than he does in the opposition 20. He is overdoing it at the moment and stifling our attack with his little runs.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
One of my biggest pet peeves is seeing players all smiles and hugs with the opposition on the field after copping a fucking pasting. They should be angry and depressed with losing ffs. They’re paid big bucks to win, not just show up and go through the motions

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
One of my biggest pet peeves is seeing players all smiles and hugs with the opposition on the field after copping a fucking pasting. They should be angry and depressed with losing ffs. They’re paid big bucks to win, not just show up and go through the motions
Did you see Reed when that reporter from 9 interviewed him after the game finish? He looked like he didn't want to talk or be interviewed at all, she was even distancing herself with her body language

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Did he call out that rorted ref? Oh wait, that's right, "no excuses." [emoji23][emoji23]

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Maybe the players realise it's just a game of footy. They're not paid the big bucks to win, they're paid to perform.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I do want Reed to pass the ball more than he does in the opposition 20. He is overdoing it at the moment and stifling our attack with his little runs.
I feel that’s because he knows Flange is crap so is taking more responsibility in attack. As you say needs to stop over doing it and just trust his teammates more at times.

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What a stupid thing to say. Would you rather Mahoney sit there smiling. Shows he gives a shit about losing. That’s what you want to see.
Nothing worse than blokes out there on the field laughing with the opposition after a shellacking. Heads should be held in shame.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I said through the game...what happened to his line ball passes in front of his forwards to run onto? This aspect of his game has drasticly changed with us and is def affecting one of his greatest strengths. Coach needs to address this.