Press Conference Rd 21 vs Panthers

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not knowing how the alternative would of panned out?

We don't know moving our only strike weapon out of FB and playing a proven dud that can't even get the reserves FB spot wouldn't work?

We don't know playing 2 sick players was s shiy idea?

ETC...

I'm not calling for his head only because Flanno has got the Dragons job. Unless Gus gets a real coach to break his contract next year, we are stuck with this dud.
I definitely understand your frustration, but at this point in time I have just kind of excepted that there is obviously a lot more going on behind the scenes that we are not privy to and have decided to sit back for a while and watch things transpire.

TBH I don’t really see to many other options that are going to give us instant success at this point in time.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
see the logic in that - if the club can get the forwards sorted - sutton n rfm moving on is a positive - i genuinely believe things will get better quickly. Im impatient to know who will be signed - ust hope they dont waste the cap n top 30 spots. Just two good middles would make a lot of difference.
Skelton was our best middle and not even a middle lol

PS we seriously have no good/ready middles at the whole club.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
With some there might be an agenda, I personally don't see how an agenda on an internet forum is going to work/change anything.

Majority of us on here just want us to turn good after 7 putrid years with no improvement.
Yes 100% and I think everyone wants us to be back on top and same goes with carrying on about removing players, coach and board on a Internet forum it’s irrelevant.
I don’t think Gus is out there to sabotage our club or the coach, others might disagree.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Skelton was our best middle and not even a middle lol

PS we seriously have no good/ready middles at the whole club.
None seem ready - the younger ones are either injured or rested - rarely play more than two games. Sam Hughes doesnt do much wrong.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
PS with injures, honest can't remember the last time have the squad was out.
I think that’s the bigger issue.
Yes Ciraldo is showing some inexperience but it’s a bit of a shit sandwich when you’ve already informed those they’re not being renewed next year then half your squad goes down and you have to put the blokes you’re sacking in and ask them to aim up. Not easy.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yes 100% and I think everyone wants us to be back on top and same goes with carrying on about removing players, coach and board on a Internet forum it’s irrelevant.
I don’t think Gus is out there to sabotage our club or the coach is others might disagree.
Definitely doesn't want to sabotage us, if anything, his ego won't let him fail/sabotage us.

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ignoring the team selection, his bench rotation is bizarre.
* Hughes is left on the bench until 15 minutes to go?. Supportabley have players busted & si c k, well why not just give him at least some short burst in the 1st half to see what he can produce & for his confidence.
* TPJ- plays 47 minutes. The most highly paid & destructive forwards. Yes not known for long minutes, but this would have been an opportunity for him to " stand up". Should have your best players on the field for the most minutes.
* Ockunbor plays for 47 minutes straight & then does not come back. At times he was gassed in that 1st half. Why not split his times, with shorter & more intense spells.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I think that’s the bigger issue.
Yes Ciraldo is showing some inexperience but it’s a bit of a shit sandwich when you’ve already informed those they’re not being renewed next year then half your squad goes down and you have to put the blokes you’re sacking in and ask them to aim up. Not easy.
I can see why they came out early and tapped players on their shoulder, but doesn't work on these boys today.

When men were playing, you get tapped on the shoulder, you play harder either to prove the coach wrong or to win a contract elsewhere.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
* Hughes is left on the bench until 15 minutes to go?. Supportabley have players busted & si c k, well why not just give him at least some short burst in the 1st half to see what he can produce & for his confidence.
* TPJ- plays 47 minutes. The most highly paid & destructive forwards. Yes not known for long minutes, but this would have been an opportunity for him to " stand up". Should have your best players on the field for the most minutes.
* Ockunbor plays for 47 minutes straight & then does not come back. At times he was gassed in that 1st half. Why not split his times, with shorter & more intense spells.
That’s the problem the coach is out there calling the shots for what reason he only knows. We can only speculate and bitch but he knows the players better than anyone on a forum.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
None seem ready - the younger ones are either injured or rested - rarely play more than two games. Sam Hughes doesnt do much wrong.
Didn't Hughes get 50m in 15 mins? Our "best" metre-eater yesterday got 87m.

If he had more minutes. I'm sure he would of been our best forward.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm still a Gus fan but since he picked an assistant over a premiership winning coach, why doesn't he help out the dud choice?

It's like he is just watching him drown.

I just used "agenda" because it got thrown around. My only agenda is becoming a good team again and clearing all the dud deadwood and whinging fucks out of our club.
PS if we get the 7 players back that he mentioned we should beat the pilchards, their honeymoon is over and are vulnerable.
Gus is very supportive of CC and has some input into decision making but will not show he is interfering for obvious reasons one of them the media circus but most importantly CC needs to be seen as the decision maker, nothing wrong with that but be assured one way or another the dead wood will be cleared.
As for the pilchards game we have to be realistic, they are a much more settled team than us even thought we have 7 players coming back we have to ask how effective will they be...Lets hope for the best !

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Gus is very supportive of CC and has some input into decision making but will not show he is interfering for obvious reasons one of them the media circus but most importantly CC needs to be seen as the decision maker, nothing wrong with that but be assured one way or another the dead wood will be cleared.
As for the pilchards game we have to be realistic, they are a much more settled team than us even thought we have 7 players coming back we have to ask how effective will they be...Lets hope for the best !
It will be the very first time this year 90% of the players are available.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The fact that some think it’s a positive that we only had 44 put on us shows how low we have sunk. Injuries have now become just a very convenient excuse.

“Having a go” is a pre requisite for any professional sportsman, so please don’t act like it’s some bonus ffs
It's sad the rollercoaster of emotions we experience. When we couldn't score any points I was adamant I'd rather lose 40-30 than 18-0. How times have changed, would gladly cop those losses now. Getting over 5 tries out on you is embarrassing

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
pretty sure okunbor was one of the other players who had the flu as well

chihuahua dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Off topic but why is that our team throws so many passes each game that hit the deck? I'm just sitting here at my desk thinking about it.