Preseason watch: pictures, videos, info for the 2022 preseason

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Probably never been used. Looks like he put down some rubber tile mates over the concrete. Will be super hot in summer though unless he insulates that roller door.
Yh it's EPDM flooring, probably just open the garage and get a big fuck off fan going and it should be bearable.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is he training with the squad as well? Or is he delayed in his return?
What generally happens is that the younger, less experienced players begin preseason training first and then the older, more experienced players start a few weeks later. Paul Vaughn is back already because he asked to come in early. Thommo will probably be back in 3 or 4 weeks. I think there is even a rule that depends how many official NRL pre-seasons you have completed.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
What generally happens is that the younger, less experienced players begin preseason training first and then the older, more experienced players start a few weeks later. Paul Vaughn is back already because he asked to come in early. Thommo will probably be back in 3 or 4 weeks. I think there is even a rule that depends how many official NRL pre-seasons you have completed.
Thommo vaccination issues have also impacted his return date

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thommo vaccination issues have also impacted his return date
Yeah, maybe, it's a bit weird. The general rule is younger blokes start early and older, more experienced bulls get a few extra weeks off. Then again you see Jacko back already today, but he is the captain and he might only be doing one or two early sessions or every second session. Comes back to the club to manage what is best for each player.

I can say though, Thommo has only just come back from holidaying on the Whitsundays. Doubt he has done too much training at all yet. Not really a concern. He is a fitness freak in gerneral and has many seasons under his belt.

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Probably never been used. Looks like he put down some rubber tile mates over the concrete. Will be super hot in summer though unless he insulates that roller door.
Prob has enough to do the basic lifts/compound lifts, looks like a basic setup

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
Very happy with the fuckin video. Glad the music ain't some 80's bullshit fuckin track over the top. It's 2021 and about to be 2022. These old cocksuckers who want fuckin Tina Turner, ACDC all that shit can blow me. New age new era, new players. They ain't wanting to hear shit from the 80's or 90's
I want tupac music

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Very happy with the fuckin video. Glad the music ain't some 80's bullshit fuckin track over the top. It's 2021 and about to be 2022. These old cocksuckers who want fuckin Tina Turner, ACDC all that shit can blow me. New age new era, new players. They ain't wanting to hear shit from the 80's or 90's
Relax Paulie, I'm sure if you ask nicely they will paly some Dino Crocetti classics for you.

Always a Bulldog

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Haha zac Hetherington is back ?

And Moeses pope looking fit and good !View attachment 32916
I saw Pope once at Bunnings and the guy is absolutely huge. Could be a Taniela Paseka type player for us where he plays 30 mins off the bench but theyre actually impactful mins. Previously we have had guys like Sue, Ogden, Atoni playing that lower min, number 17, type role and theyve sucked.

Obviously want to see how he goes in NSW Cup but seems like a good prospect.

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
I saw Pope once at Bunnings and the guy is absolutely huge. Could be a Taniela Paseka type player for us where he plays 30 mins off the bench but theyre actually impactful mins. Previously we have had guys like Sue, Ogden, Atoni playing that lower min, number 17, type role and theyve sucked.

Fkn oath his looking nice

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score

He need to keep a eye on his involvement. He can get tired and go missing. Could be he also is so big looses his flexibility
He can run hard but for a guy his size need more runs off the back fence. He makes opposition nervous but with his size

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Haven't seen any photos of Alamoti. Hope he's not injured again.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, maybe, it's a bit weird. The general rule is younger blokes start early and older, more experienced bulls get a few extra weeks off. Then again you see Jacko back already today, but he is the captain and he might only be doing one or two early sessions or every second session. Comes back to the club to manage what is best for each player.

I can say though, Thommo has only just come back from holidaying on the Whitsundays. Doubt he has done too much training at all yet. Not really a concern. He is a fitness freak in gerneral and has many seasons under his belt.
There is a defined period (not sure what it is, maybe 6 weeks) that is a MINIMUM for the players to have time off. This was proposed to by the RLPA and the NRL agreed.
I’d say in Jackson’s case, if you want to come in to training, you would be allowed. And if that is what is happening we can only commend Jacko for that.

I would also imagine that Like any other workplace, certain circumstances can grant extra time off. Someone like Thommo has not been able to fly back to see his family, he would have a very small social circle here, did quarantine last year etc. he could of requested and been afforded extra time off.