Premiership Contenders And Pretenders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back to Back

Waterboy
Reaction score
THE BULLDOGS-unbelievable young player talent reminiscent of the eels in the 80s,a team that has grand final winning experience and the game's current no 1 coach.Minor premiership record over the last 4 years is brilliant and now has his much deserved premiership ring

THE PANTHERS - the Doggies major threat.A huge pack of forwards,great halves and a very good backline.Depth is the only issue with them.A coach that knows all about semi finals football.Injuries robbed them but gave their premiership defence a real go.Very talented football side.

THE COWBOYS - Potentially the best side in the competition.Two or three gun players away from that.Thurston will explode for them next year.One game from a grand final they should have played in.

THE ROOSTERS - will figure in the semis but will realise the Fittler Factor next year in the big games.He was their goto man and Finch and Firman could not tie his shoe laces.They will gather points against the bad sides and struggle with sides equal or better than them.Teams have also worked them out in defence and their attack needs to improve.

THE EELS - will be the most improved side in the competition.Have bought very well.PJ Marsh is the key at halfback.If he does well , the Eels will worry plenty of sides.Even the better sides.

THE STORM - Great halves combination and good backs but will struggle with a small but hard working pack.The Dogs showed them up in the semis this year.

THE KNIGHTS - It is all to do with Johns , no matter what Hagan and the rest say.If he plays well and often , the Knights will be a nuisance value,if he doesn't they are gone.I think the gun individual player carrying a team has been eliminated in the current game.If you don't have a big good forward pack your class players will struggle.See Darren Lockyer for the Broncos.

THE BRONCOS - may surprise but I think this could be the first year they miss out on a top 8 spot.Have not improved their side.Loss of Tallis and Webb and bought Hodges and Thorn.They do not seem to have the fire in the squad anymore in the back end of the season.

THE DRAGONS - Betting Agencies Delight.Pre-Season till first 2 months of the competition , the media jerk off on this team.Statements of 'Best team" are simply outrageous and disrespectful to the gun sides in the competition.Inside information is that they are actually easy meat for the better teams because tactically they are inept and their outside defence is an opposition's coach specialty.Riddell ,Kite and Firman are also huge losses.

THE WARRIORS - a gifted football team but too much damage has been done to some of their better players.Toopi,Meli and Jones are a shadow of themselves.

The rest of the teams are simply making up the numbers although Cronulla's first 17 won't be a bad side.
Don't think Souths will come last.
Put some money on the SEA EAGLES.I have never seen a team defend worse than this mob.It has been going on for 4 years.

Toey .H.C.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
just after origin you will always be able to write of half of those teams.. it's so easy to pick the contendors after origin.

2004 Premiers

Back to Back said:
THE BULLDOGS-unbelievable young player talent reminiscent of the eels in the 80s,a team that has grand final winning experience and the game's current no 1 coach.Minor premiership record over the last 4 years is brilliant and now has his much deserved premiership ring

THE PANTHERS - the Doggies major threat.A huge pack of forwards,great halves and a very good backline.Depth is the only issue with them.A coach that knows all about semi finals football.Injuries robbed them but gave their premiership defence a real go.Very talented football side.

THE COWBOYS - Potentially the best side in the competition.Two or three gun players away from that.Thurston will explode for them next year.One game from a grand final they should have played in.

THE ROOSTERS - will figure in the semis but will realise the Fittler Factor next year in the big games.He was their goto man and Finch and Firman could not tie his shoe laces.They will gather points against the bad sides and struggle with sides equal or better than them.Teams have also worked them out in defence and their attack needs to improve.

THE EELS - will be the most improved side in the competition.Have bought very well.PJ Marsh is the key at halfback.If he does well , the Eels will worry plenty of sides.Even the better sides.

THE STORM - Great halves combination and good backs but will struggle with a small but hard working pack.The Dogs showed them up in the semis this year.

THE KNIGHTS - It is all to do with Johns , no matter what Hagan and the rest say.If he plays well and often , the Knights will be a nuisance value,if he doesn't they are gone.I think the gun individual player carrying a team has been eliminated in the current game.If you don't have a big good forward pack your class players will struggle.See Darren Lockyer for the Broncos.

THE BRONCOS - may surprise but I think this could be the first year they miss out on a top 8 spot.Have not improved their side.Loss of Tallis and Webb and bought Hodges and Thorn.They do not seem to have the fire in the squad anymore in the back end of the season.

THE DRAGONS - Betting Agencies Delight.Pre-Season till first 2 months of the competition , the media jerk off on this team.Statements of 'Best team" are simply outrageous and disrespectful to the gun sides in the competition.Inside information is that they are actually easy meat for the better teams because tactically they are inept and their outside defence is an opposition's coach specialty.Riddell ,Kite and Firman are also huge losses.

THE WARRIORS - a gifted football team but too much damage has been done to some of their better players.Toopi,Meli and Jones are a shadow of themselves.

The rest of the teams are simply making up the numbers although Cronulla's first 17 won't be a bad side.
Don't think Souths will come last.
Put some money on the SEA EAGLES.I have never seen a team defend worse than this mob.It has been going on for 4 years.
Damn its been a while since ive seen a quality post posted on the kennel.

A

atomic_crimson

its off season you wont find much quality for now..

but i have to agree with canterbury, origin sees the teams who can handle the pressure of represantitive football...

no doubt half the comp is worthy of being in contention with what they have on paper, but as is the case with alot of teams, when the season starts and injuries and origin begin to factor into it all the real contenders emerge.

K

K E

PREMIERS will go back to back if they are focused and hungry enough for it, I still think we need a quality hooker (please dont kill me everyone LOL)

Dragons will under-achieve, they will suffer again, Injuries will kill their chances........Story of their life.

Roosters will go hard for 26 rounds and then choke in the finals.......Story of their life.

Broncos will be in the top 8 but i honestly believe they OVER rely on Cockyer, they need a decent halfback.

Knights will go good if Johns stays injury free, If the princess gets injured.........forget it !

Warriors will go good if they wake up to themselves, If they go back to their killer off-loads i believe they will reach the GF.

Melbourne will get knocked out of the finals by the Dogs. (Everything happens in threes)

Panthers will go hard, but campbell needs to learn to tackle. (He averages 8 missed tackles per game)

Cowboys have become very cocky, if they let all the publicity go to their head they will suffer. If they are TRULY modest about it they will go far.

Parramatta??? I dont know? They have the team but as the saying goes "It the team that makes the players..............."

The rest will achieve nothing.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
K E said:
PREMIERS will go back to back if they are focused and hungry enough for it, I still think we need a quality hooker (please dont kill me everyone LOL)

Dragons will under-achieve, they will suffer again, Injuries will kill their chances........Story of their life.

Roosters will go hard for 26 rounds and then choke in the finals.......Story of their life.

Broncos will be in the top 8 but i honestly believe they OVER rely on Cockyer, they need a decent halfback.

Knights will go good if Johns stays injury free, If the princess gets injured.........forget it !

Warriors will go good if they wake up to themselves, If they go back to their killer off-loads i believe they will reach the GF.

Melbourne will get knocked out of the finals by the Dogs. (Everything happens in threes)

Panthers will go hard, but campbell needs to learn to tackle. (He averages 8 missed tackles per game)

Cowboys have become very cocky, if they let all the publicity go to their head they will suffer. If they are TRULY modest about it they will go far.

Parramatta??? I dont know? They have the team but as the saying goes "It the team that makes the players..............."

The rest will achieve nothing.
So if everyone is a pretender then who are you saying will actually win it theN?

K

K E

Stevie J said:
So if everyone is a pretender then who are you saying will actually win it theN?
Que pasa?

The Dogs will win it.

I just gave my 2 cents on all the contendors.

lockyer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
K E said:
Que pasa?

The Dogs will win it.

Dogs have the best chance, but we shall wait and see.
Dogs in the grand final most likely.

K

K E

We just need a quality hooker im my opinion.

Perry and Hughes are good but we could do with a strike hooker like Priddis, Buderus and Miriam.

Meh! Just my opinion.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
K E said:
Que pasa?

The Dogs will win it.

ahhh my bad...i misunderstood. As unbiasedly as possible i'd say it would look like the premiers would win the comp the following year most years.

But I agree I think the dogs are favorites to take the title.

Status
Not open for further replies.