Pregnant teen hurt as Bulldogs and Rabbitohs fans brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vagabond

flumshma
Reaction score
Telecrap does not miss any opportunities to push anything over the doggie's fanbase.

I sense a gross exaggeration there.

Language?

For ****'s sake, who the hell does not swear in the game?

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ban them for life, trouble makers

Also, whats with the anti league agenda from the Telecrap, they couldnt help themselves

Bulldog Bruce

Bring on Rnd 1
Reaction score
Police spokesman said only 3 women and 1 man was involved...

Pregnant teen injured in rugby 'brawl'

10:30 AEST Tue Apr 14 20091 hour 17 minutes agoBy ninemsn staff

A pregnant teen was admitted to hospital after a fight broke out after a rugby league match at Sydney's Olympic Park last night.

The 17-year-old girl was allegedly caught up in the brawl at around 8.45pm after the Bulldogs/Rabbitohs match finished, according to police.

She was taken to hospital after revealing she was pregnant and suffering abdominal pain.

Witnesses reported the brawl involved up to 20 fans, but a police spokesman told ninemsn that only three women and a man were involved.

Police will examine CCTV footage today. No arrests have been made.
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/800944/pregnant-teen-injured-in-rugby-brawl

So the Daily Telecrap story was just that - crap! >:(

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Im getting sick of these liitle hektiks.

Next away game if they sit with us, im going to tell the fckers off if they start crap.

Costaki10

Bulldogs Army
Reaction score
i heard on the radio (10am news) that police have reported NO
incidents at all after the game.
the pregnant girl was arguing with her own mates apparently.
more crap journalism from the fools at news limited...ho hum.
if thats the case how can these papers write these sort of articles and get away with it?

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Im getting sick of these liitle hektiks.

Next away game if they sit with us, im going to tell the fckers off if they start crap.
Your pole could come in handy champ. The one with the flag around it too.

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i heard on the radio (10am news) that police have reported NO
incidents at all after the game.
the pregnant girl was arguing with her own mates apparently.
more crap journalism from the fools at news limited...ho hum.

thats just great, telecrap was just using this to pump up afl

Nash

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Was that picture even taken at ANZ?

S

smingers

I think i saw this as i was walking out. They started laying into her big time. Didn't know she was pregnant tho.

Leesee

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
She was talking about the types of supporters, not the actions of a few idiots who play. Hate to say it, but league supporters right from junior grades through to elite levels are generally more rowdy than their union or AFL counterparts.
thank you!

yes, those few incidents in the AFL and union may have happened but how's this...
palm island has had all but 2 of their junior teams banned from the competition in townsville. there was an incident where a fight broke out and the parents were on the field with knives.
i have read medical journals of umbrellas having to be removed from the back of an under 10 rugby league dad's back after he was stabbed with it. the siblings of the players are on the sideline calling the ref a ****.

i stand by my comment about the union and AFL crowds (not players). overall, they tend to keep a lid on things. the league crowds are notorious for poor behaviour.

J

JAMAL BRO

By Adam Walters
April 14, 2009 12:00am
A PREGNANT teenager was knocked over during a brawl involving more than 20 Bulldogs and South Sydney supporters at ANZ stadium last night.

The young woman collapsed when she became caught up in a fight between about 20 teenage fans just minutes after the game ended.

Wearing a Bulldogs jumper the 17-year-old victim collapsed and was left slumped up against a wall in the public concourse under the stadium's northern stand.

She was distressed and struggling to catch her breath as witnesses raised the alarm with security.

Do you know this woman? Call us in confidence on (02) 9288 3413, tell us via the feedback form below and email pictures to webphoto@dailytelegraph.com.au or text them to 0432 752 459.

A friend was screaming: "She's pregnant for God's sake - will someone call an ambulance?"

By the time police arrived the brawling teenagers had scattered, and it was left to stadium security staff to care for the shaken victim.

Police have been forced to examine video footage of the brawl in a bid to identify those who started it.

The fight is the latest in a series of violent altercations involving Bulldogs supporters at the clubs Homebush home ground.

Paramedics treated the young woman at the scene.

A spokesman for the western area health service said the girl is 25 weeks pregnant, and was admitted to nearby hospital in a stable condition.

A spokesman for NSW police said they were unaware of the incident and that the police at the game were "cops for hire" paid for by NSW Rugby League.

An NRL spokesman last night said that they will collaborate with police to identify the initiators.

"If there's any issue with crowd behaviour we work with the police and the club to identify those people involved," he said.

"We will be looking to identify anyone who should be banned from matches."

The fight was witnessed by many families, including very young children.

One mother said she was disgusted by the violence.

"It's little wonder the Swans have a 48 percent base of female fans - the league has got to get serious about the safety of kids at these games,"she said.

"My kids could easily have been caught up in that mess, and apart from all the fighting the language was disgraceful," the woman said.

The brawling started as fans filed out of the stadium after the Bulldogs narrow victory over South Sydney.

Source: The Daily Telegraph
Meh, she shouldn't have been pregnant in the first place.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
the comment regarding the AFL is so true...the AFL marketed themselves towards women and families, and cleaned their image up so much.
i follow all 3 codes, and this what i've noticed...

union - generally all ex-grammarians, well dressed, educated, well behaved
afl - family atmosphere, very tame crowds
league - let's all turn up, smash as many beers within 80 minutes as possible, start fights. when i had an alcohol addiction, i was part of the feral crowd. i was part of the mob starting brawls. i'm no saint.

it ain't called grubby league for nothing.

yes, i'm a snob. so what.
you forgot to mention soccer fans as well

Sydney FC v Melbourne... always a chance of a riot happening

the_crusader

I'm a big blob of LARD
Reaction score
Police say girl is main offender in Bulldogs brawl at ANZ stadium
Article from: The Daily Telegraph

By Adam Walters and Lauren Williams

April 14, 2009 12:00am

POLICE say a teenage girl is the main offender in a 20-strong brawl between Bulldogs and Souths fans that saw a pregnant young woman punched in the stomach and left begging for help under a stadium stand.

The melee happened just minutes after the riot squad was called after a group of men was asked to stop smoking but become violent about 8.20pm last night.

It is believed that three men became scuffled with security before the riot squad threw the trio out of the ANZ Stadium.

Police said about 20 friends or associates of the men “chose to leave of their own accord” as a result.

Then, about 9pm, the teenage brawl broke out when the pregnant woman was injured.

Police say a group of three teenagers, including three girls and one man, all aged 17 became involved in a scuffle outside gate G of the stadium at the end of the match.

Despite police reviewing CCTV footage of the incident they can not say whether any charges will be laid against one of the teenage girls – who has been identified as the main offender.

The 17-year-old from Penshurst, who is 25 weeks pregnant, was discharged from Canterbury hospital late last night.

Ambulance reports say they responded to reports that the girl had been “punched in the stomach” about 8.59pm.

But police today said the girl, who was wearing a Bulldogs jersey, had been on the periphery of the brawl, and had not been involved directly.

She collapsed and was left slumped up against a wall in the public concourse under the stadium's northern stand.

She was distressed and struggling to catch her breath as witnesses raised the alarm with security.

Do you know this woman? Call us in confidence on (02) 9288 3413, tell us via the feedback form below and email pictures to webphoto@dailytelegraph.com.au or text them to 0432 752 459.

A friend was screaming: "She's pregnant for God's sake - will someone call an ambulance?"

Ambulance reports say they responded to reports that the girl had been “punched in the stomach” about 8.59pm.

By the time police arrived the brawling teenagers had scattered, and it was left to stadium security staff to care for the shaken victim.

The fight is the latest in a series of violent altercations involving Bulldogs supporters at the clubs Homebush home ground.

A spokesman for NSW police said they were unaware of the incident and that the police at the game were "cops for hire" paid for by NSW Rugby League.

An NRL spokesman last night said that they will collaborate with police to identify the initiators.
"If there's any issue with crowd behaviour we work with the police and the club to identify those people involved," he said.

"We will be looking to identify anyone who should be banned from matches."

The fight was witnessed by many families, including very young children.

"It's little wonder the Swans have a 48 percent base of female fans - the league has got to get serious about the safety of kids at these games,"she said.

"My kids could easily have been caught up in that mess, and apart from all the fighting the language was disgraceful," the woman said.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,25332460-5001021,00.html

It seems the story has changed yet again

The_General

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I hate nothing more then seeing all those 'hectiks' dragging the clubs name through the mud everytime they fight. But how the **** can the DT get away with printing so much bull****.

Wearing a Bulldogs jumper the 17-year-old victim collapsed and was left slumped up against a wall in the public concourse under the stadium's northern stand.
No she was wearing a white jumper with aqua blue writing on it ***head.

I think this quote easily gets the award for most made up piece of crap ever. I'm sure some random mother at the game would come up with a statistic like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.