Predicted Line up from NRL.com

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
King will wound up overrun by mid season if he sustains an injury we don’t have a viable prop option. A marquee prop would’ve done absolute wonders really hoping Hughes or one of the younger middles make a statement this year if not we’re going to struggle.
Agreed. We overused King so much that he was finished by mid-season. He was terrible after Origin. That's why I was saying that he should be off the bench & only playing around 40 min a game. He would give us an advantage in the middle of the game. Some dumbasses want him to start & play 60+ minutes a game so he can brake down again.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another year another new spine.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whoever wrote this article needs to head back to the circus they came from, because their a fucking clown.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
We will have no idea until trials. CC is pretty conservative. So starting side in second trial will tell us a lot. Both are at Belmore as well so should be a good crowd and they will want to win.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
With our lack of quality in the middle we need 800m minimum per game from our back 5. 200m+ from the fullback, and an average of 150m from the wingers and centres. JAC doesn't do much over 100m, that isn't his game, so we need at least one of the other outside backs to do a bunch of work. Critter has good games for metres, but isn't consistent, he also isn't a battering ram. Hopefully Xerri is having a huge off season and gets up to NRL pace quickly, he could offer good metres early set.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
King will wound up overrun by mid season if he sustains an injury we don’t have a viable prop option. A marquee prop would’ve done absolute wonders really hoping Hughes or one of the younger middles make a statement this year if not we’re going to struggle.
Hughes is said to be KILLING it at pre-season .... many others than just Gus are saying so.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully Hughes is killing it as much as Gus believes.. if so.. King with Hughes won't nearly be as bad as people think.. King was awesome through the first 10 or so rounds last year.. then got hurt and played hurt..

Depth is the issue though for sure

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I would do for round 1.

1. Connor Tracey
2. Josh Addo-Carr
3. Stephen Crichton
4. Jacob Kiraz
5. Jeral Skelton
6. Matt Burton
7. Toby Sexton
8. Max King
9. Reed Mahoney
10. Liam Knight
11. Viliame Kikau
12. Jacob Preston
13. Josh Curran

14. Kurt Mann
15. Kurtis Morrin
16. Chris Patolo
17. Samuel Hughes

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Agreed. We overused King so much that he was finished by mid-season. He was terrible after Origin. That's why I was saying that he should be off the bench & only playing around 40 min a game. He would give us an advantage in the middle of the game. Some dumbasses want him to start & play 60+ minutes a game so he can brake down again.
That was the issue with last season. Injuries forced players to play more minutes & play busted. It took its took physically & judging but the constant blow outs it took it’s took mentally. More experience in the squad and hopefully a better run with injuries even being light upfront we should see a better 2024.

Last edited:

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
What I would do for round 1.

1. Connor Tracey
2. Josh Addo-Carr
3. Stephen Crichton
4. Jacob Kiraz
5. Jeral Skelton
6. Matt Burton
7. Toby Sexton
8. Max King
9. Reed Mahoney
10. Liam Knight
11. Viliame Kikau
12. Jacob Preston
13. Josh Curran

14. Kurt Mann
15. Kurtis Morrin
16. Chris Patolo
17. Samuel Hughes
Seems like the right balance at the back with Skelton hard yards . I think salmon is a given to be on the bench instead of Morrin.

BULLDOGGSFAN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
With our lack of quality in the middle we need 800m minimum per game from our back 5. 200m+ from the fullback, and an average of 150m from the wingers and centres. JAC doesn't do much over 100m, that isn't his game, so we need at least one of the other outside backs to do a bunch of work. Critter has good games for metres, but isn't consistent, he also isn't a battering ram. Hopefully Xerri is having a huge off season and gets up to NRL pace quickly, he could offer good metres early set.
If you’re gonna have a small middle forward rotation you’d think the priority would be wingers that are good in yardage and tackle busts…
Kiraz, Xerri and Skelton are probably gonna be the best metre eaters?
Personally I’d be happy to trade JAC for a decent middle and maybe free up some cap space for someone like Braden Hamlin-Uele or Terrell May.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If you’re gonna have a small middle forward rotation you’d think the priority would be wingers that are good in yardage and tackle busts…
Kiraz, Xerri and Skelton are probably gonna be the best metre eaters?
Personally I’d be happy to trade JAC for a decent middle and maybe free up some cap space for someone like Braden Hamlin-Uele or Terrell May.
Kiraz does the role pretty well, but he needs help. One of Xerri or Skelton forcing their way into the team would help, but I'm not convinced it would work best as a replacement for JAC. JAC certainly comes with some downsides, but he remains a unique threat, teams have to defend differently with him in the team, because you can't give him any space on the outside, you have to watch the intercepts and the kicks down field. I'd like to see him pop up midfield a bit more when the opposition forwards are tired. If he isn't scoring tries and frequently threatening the opposition with his speed, then he can go. But I'd give him this season at least to get to his best.

Also hard to beat having a personality like his in the squad...

BULLDOGGSFAN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Kiraz does the role pretty well, but he needs help. One of Xerri or Skelton forcing their way into the team would help, but I'm not convinced it would work best as a replacement for JAC. JAC certainly comes with some downsides, but he remains a unique threat, teams have to defend differently with him in the team, because you can't give him any space on the outside, you have to watch the intercepts and the kicks down field. I'd like to see him pop up midfield a bit more when the opposition forwards are tired. If he isn't scoring tries and frequently threatening the opposition with his speed, then he can go. But I'd give him this season at least to get to his best.

Also hard to beat having a personality like his in the squad...
Yeah for sure. Just about the only highlights we got last season was watching the Foxes runaway tries…
I reckon Cam and Gus were having this same conversation a few months ago when the rumours were floating around about trading him for a middle. Looks like that ships sailed now anyway…

dawso047

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Burton won't be centre, Curran won't be prop, Salmon won't be in the 17 but he might be 18.
Predicted line up
1. Crighton
2. Addo Carr
3. Tracey
4. Kiraz
5. Wilson
6. Burton
7. Sexton
8. King
9. Mahoney
10. Knight
11. Kikau
12. Preston
13. Curran
14. Mann
15. Mariner
16. Patolo maybe /Sutton
17. Hughes maybe /Sutton

18. Salmon
19. Sutton
20. Taffe
21. Hutcinson

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton won't be centre, Curran won't be prop, Salmon won't be in the 17 but he might be 18.
Predicted line up
1. Crighton
2. Addo Carr
3. Tracey
4. Kiraz
5. Wilson
6. Burton
7. Sexton
8. King
9. Mahoney
10. Knight
11. Kikau
12. Preston
13. Curran
14. Mann
15. Mariner
16. Patolo maybe /Sutton
17. Hughes maybe /Sutton

18. Salmon
19. Sutton
20. Taffe
21. Hutcinson
Sorry mate but I don't know how anyone can put RFM in the side for r1 after the crap he delivered last year

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have no props but Fraudzilla thinks we should have our only legit prop in Max King off the bench.. Genius..
Why do u think its such a bad suggestion worthy of trying to humiliate the guy for it? King played his best footy for us by far in 2022 when he came off the bench and played 30-40 mins. If were being honest King was absolut puss for us last yr. No real go forward and his offload nonexistent. Sutton needs to be one of the starters to show whatever it is we thought it was worth paying the ludcicrus 550k per year for. Hes the senior man

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Why do u think its such a bad suggestion worthy of trying to humiliate the guy for it? King played his best footy for us by far in 2022 when he came off the bench and played 30-40 mins. If were being honest King was absolut puss for us last yr. No real go forward and his offload nonexistent. Sutton needs to be one of the starters to show whatever it is we thought it was worth paying the ludcicrus 550k per year for. Hes the senior man
Bit hard to play well with a fractured sternum and ruptured plantar fascia lol.