17. Liam Knight

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If Hutchinson is a good half I would test that out in reserve grade first and see what he can offer.

between xerri,Kiraz,Skelton,crighton and Tracey I don’t think we need Burton at centre.
Hutchinson has played more than enough in the halves in both the NRL & NSW Cup to know what he is.

Last edited:

BULLDOGGSFAN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Everyone is talking about how weak our middle is (which is true) but this line up is by far the best we’ve had in 5 years!

We don’t have a side made up of fringe first graders anymore and instead there’s proper NRL standard players and some elite rep level talent on top of that in Kikau, Fox, Burton and Chricton.

Provided we don’t have injuries to our middles there’s enough points in that side to trouble most teams and you gotta think we can’t get any worse defensively…

I’m not saying we’re gonna make finals but I reckon there will be some weeks where it all clicks and we have a few upsets

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think they should start Xerri in the reggies until he finds his feet. I also would like to see Hughes as a starter and Curran at 13.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
These muppets have no idea….

Ciro’s line up for round 1 likely:

Taaffe
Fox
Critta
Tracey
Kiraz
Burton
Sexton
King
Mahoney
Knight
Preston
Kikau
Curran

Mann
Salmon
Patolo
Hughes

Personally, I’d like to see:

Tracey
Fox
Critta
Skelton
Kiraz
Burton
Hutchison
King
Mahoney
Knight
Preston
Kikau
Curran

Mann
Patolo
Faamausili
Hughes

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tracey
Kiraz
Xerri
Crichton
JAC

Burton
Sexton

King
Mahoney
Knight

Preston
Kikau
Curran

Mann
Salmon
Hughes
Sutton

18th man: Hutchinson/Taaffe

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Everyone is talking about how weak our middle is (which is true) but this line up is by far the best we’ve had in 5 years!

We don’t have a side made up of fringe first graders anymore and instead there’s proper NRL standard players and some elite rep level talent on top of that in Kikau, Fox, Burton and Chricton.

Provided we don’t have injuries to our middles there’s enough points in that side to trouble most teams and you gotta think we can’t get any worse defensively…
I’m not saying we’re gonna make finals but I reckon there will be some weeks where it all clicks and we have a few upsets
I’d agree & just settle for what Gus mentioned in the Bloke in a Bar. Just to be happy with incremental improvement each year. Well we have turned over our roster around 3-4x in the last 3-4 years, & that incremental improvement has really yet to happen. I’m hopeful for 2024 (as you said), we now have much higher % of 1st graders in our ranks, than at any time, over the last 5-7 years. C’mon Dogs, let’s make ‘24 a good’un

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton will not be moved to centre because if they do, they will concede that he failed and will look like a black eye on the coaching staff as they couldn't manufacture him in a half... It's the perham at fullback saga all over again

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Burton will not be moved to centre because if they do, they will concede that he failed and will look like a black eye on the coaching staff as they couldn't manufacture him in a half... It's the perham at fullback saga all over again
Playing him at 6 & him playing shit will be a worse black eye.